Lost Season 5 - Episode Fourteen

DavidB

This ep just resembled the mess of thread that turns up in the bottom of my sewing basket. I'm not saying I didn't like it because I did but it was just too messed for my head to deal with.

I also couldn't get passed the whole similarity in character role between Eloise and Mrs. Petrelli.

Still it did sort of answer the Faraday questions we all had (kind of) but it really really really bugs me that he can never seem to just come out with an explanation. :D

Liked the link back to the bomb but can't quite think how it's going to work if he actually dies.

I honestly thought that was one of the best episodes of Lost. It had perfect pacing and a fantastic twist at the end. Plus it answered a lot of questions about the overall story too! Just hope they don't kill off Faraday!

Edited by cyberdrunk

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not Daniel Faraday!!!!!!!!! WHY!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

Is there no God?

An amazing episode with one of the best twists in the shows history even if that twist involves killing of my favourite character.

I was thinking he could be saved by Ben or Locke style resurrection?

If Daniel doesn't die then it will in a sense make a lot of this episode pointless. It will ruin the "sacrifice" that Eloise said she made when talking to Charles.

Also, I doubt he can be saved Ben style as we know that does evil things to people, and he died on island ruling out a Locke (or Christian?) resurrection.

As much as I hate to say it, I think Daniel is gone... I can't begin to express how much I want to be wrong.

WOW is all I have to say, I loved that episode :(

Is there no God?

No :P

Edited by Christoff

Fantastic Episode

Also a hint of what the ending might possibly be: They will probably change the past so in the future the plane they were on never would have crashed on the Island in the first place. Dharma might even still be around to (Wonder how they will solve the whole Chicken and the Egg issue if they did that).

Fantastic Episode

Also a hint of what the ending might possibly be: They will probably change the past so in the future the plane they were on never would have crashed on the Island in the first place. Dharma might even still be around to (Wonder how they will solve the whole Chicken and the Egg issue if they did that).

If there were the case then Season 5 would be the final Season. The event that could make all that happen takes place in 6 hours for the characters.

Even if Daniel is dead, he told Kate n Jack his plans so maybe K&J will tell Richard (cause they'll be found im sure) and Richard will realise Dan made sense n complete the plans for him.

Think its def an episode i need to watch again, so much happened in it im sure i missed some of it.

GREAT EPISODE....

although i have found a flaw in danials plan. 'The Grandfather Paradox'

If, they stop the chain of events that make them come to the island, then they cant come back in time to stop the chain of events from happening...

GREAT EPISODE....

although i have found a flaw in danials plan. 'The Grandfather Paradox'

If, they stop the chain of events that make them come to the island, then they cant come back in time to stop the chain of events from happening...

Yea, that's what confused me, and always does confuse me in time-ey situations!!

It's one of those time travel issues that just makes my brain ache.

Another example is Locke and Richard's compass. Richard gives it to Locke in an unknown year (possible 2008) after he was shot by Ethan and flashed away, Locke then later flashes back to 1954 and give the compass to Richard creating a loop, so where did the compass originally come from?

They kinda hinted that 1977 is now there "present" so if they did make any changes to the timeline even though the future is different they would still be them in there "present".

To solve the grandfather paradox can just say that The Island has a workaround :P

I guess Daniels death proves that you cant vahnge anything that has already happened. He tried and well we all know where that got him huh :P

So the losties life in 2007 was precursored by the lives they lived in 1977, things they did started lines of action where the consequences are felt by the losties when they crash.

Im looking forward to seeing how Sawyer gets out of the mess hes in.

• Moderators

To be fair to them, the breaks in this show are kept to a minimum compared to a lot of other shows. I hate breaks as much as the next person, but I can think of some that p!ss me off far more!

Luckily the January start generally keeps the breaks down to a minimum. It's just down to scheduling and when they want the season to end etc. American networks are pretty stupid.

As far as I know there isn't a break between Episode 15 and the finale. Episode 15 airs May 6th and then both parts of the finale air a week later on May 13th. There is a recap before the finale which is causing some confusion but it's now a straight run to the end now.

Edited by Lambourne