True Blood Explained

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

True blood is an incredible show that aired in the US last year. It is based on the Sookie Stackhouse book series (also known as The Southern Vampire Mysteries) by Charlaine Harris and is from the creator of 6 feet under. It is one of the biggest shows on the HBO network and as a result has been picked up for a second season.

True Blood was nominated for "Best Drama Series" in this year's Golden Globes, and Anna Paquin walked away with the award for "Best actress in a Drama Series" for her role as Sookie Stackhouse from the Globes too. The series has been nominated in various other awards too, and both Anna and Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette) won Satelite awards for their performances.

True blood comes to the UK this April on the FX channel and then on channel 4 in the Autumn. It is part mystery, part fantasy, part comedy and we love it!!!

It's also worth noting that the Region1 DVDs are being released on May 19th, while the 9th book in the series "Dead & Gone" will be getting released on May 5th.

find out more here

or visit the official site here. (watch out for spoilers)

and here is the IMDB listing if you want to check out whos in it!

Feel free to comment on the show if you have already seen it, let people know what you think!

and some pictures to finish.....

sookie4_5.jpg

628148_TB_177.jpg

trueblood05_2.jpg

tv_true_blood04.jpg

tv_true_blood05.jpg

Edited by slaycandy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little pointer for those who start watching it this summer - the actress who plays Tara, Sookie's best friend, is replaced after the pilot episode. So don't be put off by how annoying she is! They get the amazing Rutina Wesley in, and she transforms Tara into one of the best characters.

Now I learn you only get awesome Rutina from the very beginning and will be spared the other actress. So ignore this... :P

Edited by Shirefruit

Was it unaired? I'm really confused! I just know I watched it and hated her, then got confused when I saw a different actress in the next episode, then fell in love! I definitely saw it though. Hmmm, need to rewatch...

I think we both watched the one with the rubbish Tara, but there was another version of the pilot with the GOOD AWESOME Tara.

I think we both watched the one with the rubbish Tara, but there was another version of the pilot with the GOOD AWESOME Tara.

OMG they redid it then? Oh wow, so all you lucky people don't have to see rubbish Tara! Just ignore what I said then, haha. :D I have to watch the proper version!

• Showmasters Admin

daydreaming.jpg

>> CLICK <<

This site has a huge gallery for True Blood including High Res Episode Stills, Posters/Promos, and HDTV screencaps for every episode from season one.

Just thought I'd post it in case anyone wanted to check these out!!!

SJ

xox

PS. hope you guys don't mind I edited in the award/dvd release info to the main post for anyone that wanted to know! :D

Edited by slaycandy

This show is awesome!!! You should all watch it!

we wont get to see the old tara in the UK i shouldnt think. it will air with the new one so thats good! i love the new tara!

but personally i like Jason. hes such an idiot but you have to love him. lovely SJ has given me the first book to read great so far! quite different though.

watch it people!

=x=

• Showmasters Admin

Yeah the books are different... the series follows the main storylines, but it adds so much more to the stories as well so there's always loads of new things happening in the show to shock the readers which is what I love - that way you don't know whats going to happen next even if you have read them! :angry:

SJ

xox

I watched the first three episodes and for one reason or another stopped watching the series. I will continue watching when it's on TV over here, if only for the fact Lizzy Caplan is in it. The episodes I saw were good, I just didn't find it that gripping but I will defiantly give it another go.

OMG they redid it then? Oh wow, so all you lucky people don't have to see rubbish Tara! Just ignore what I said then, haha. :P I have to watch the proper version!

OMG! The pilot has been made with Rutina? WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I too watched the unaired pilot with rubbish Tara. I was then really confused (but SO happy) when the actress changed. I really need to re-watch it with Rutina in instead. This makes me very happy :D

Could anyone please tell me, is this show scary at all? Because i really like fantasy stuff, and often mystery stuff aswell, but i cannot deal with horror. Feel free to mock me all you want, Im used to it. I just wondered because im intrigued by it but dont want to watch it if its horror.

• Moderators

Hmm there are few bits that lean towards horror but it's certainly not something that's strongly scary as such. I'm sure a few of the scenes throughout the season you might be a bit put off by, but on the whole it's definitely not a show with horror at the forefront.

I think if its not the main focus, or doesnt play a big part then i should be ok. I dont think i'll bother watching it online but i reckon i'll probably give it a try when its on tv over here. Thankyou :)

Is there a specific air date yet, or is 'april' all we know?

• Showmasters Admin

The FX website has their schedule online up to April 29th and TB isn't listed anywhere on it, so I think its safe to say that it's start date has been pushed back.

The Region1 DVDs are out in May however, so anyone desperately wanting to see it can order them! :P

SJ

xox