PARTY THEMES

showmasters

Costumes sorted.....thank god for HolyClothing, I put together a Victorian daydress look thru them. And have to love Ebay for accessories.

And already had all the pieces for my Carnival piece.....right down to the tarot cards.

Edited by dr_is_in

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both themes are fantastic although I do think I may have some issues on Saturday night if there are too many clowns. :D:help:

Now thats not a very nice thing to say about your fellow attendees :thumbup:

:P Was talking more about the costumes than the attendess. LOL.

Fantastic themes, but sadly pretty sure there's nothing in my wardrobe I can get to fit either one and with work going to owe me nearly £200 in expenses by the end of Feb (& not paying it back until end of March) there's no way I'll be able to afford to buy anything :D Looks like I won't be doing fancy dress this time round. Gutted

I'll be dressing up for the carnival and i'm sorry to people with clown phobias but i have a very freaky mask i have been trying to find a use for in ages!

So, prepare to be scared...

:P

(sorry!)

erm yeah, mental note to self, hide behind furniture/tall people :)

scared of clowns so confronting it with the evil jester

is it possible to be scared of clowns but not jesters???

I'll be dressing up for the carnival and i'm sorry to people with clown phobias but i have a very freaky mask i have been trying to find a use for in ages!

So, prepare to be scared...

:D

(sorry!)

Have the perfect costume sorted for the Victorian do.....dark, malovent and downright evil but oh so fun to play.

As for the carnival....struggle struggle is a term....i don't want to come as a clown becaus i feel there will be too many, mediums with crystal balls etc, mermaids,impossibly tall people,impossibly big people, impossibly small people,tom thumbs,ringmasters etc...all too common for me....all i can find that takes my fancy is a werewolf...and yes in the early 1800s they did have them in travelling shows as freaks...not true werewolves obviously but people with the lycanthropy disease and the disease that made them very very hairy....but since i can't make myself hairy...it would itch like mad...i'm gonna turn it flipside to be more darker and just turn up as a darn werewolf...different and easy. :blush:

i dont have much money, and at sum point i want to waer my captain jack outfit, so i'll probs wear it the first night.

for the second party i've had a few ideas, so i better start searching!! :WINCE:

lol

thanx SM for announcing the themes, also i had no idea what tootalls real name was, now i do...

Stuart. lol

scared of clowns so confronting it with the evil jester

is it possible to be scared of clowns but not jesters???

Yes. Jesters are fine for me, Clowns are not. I had a sort of "if you cant beat them join them" attitude and thought of going as a clown since they terrify me but even looking at costumes online made me feel sick. I'm not getting a costume for the saturday as I'm worried I'm going to have to leave the party in sheer terror!

• Showmasters Admin

Now I have no excuse to not make a Victorian dress - and yay for the carnival, my friend will be cowering in fear of clowns :P

If Stuart's the impossibly tall man, who's the bearded lady? :YAHOO:

Maybe Stuart could double up! :D

Mark :wub:

Oi :D

Slight question here.....what can we and what can't we use as props to our costumes?

My costume needs a few props and without them it won't work so i'm kinda wondering what's allowed? Health and safety and all that jazz.

I think anythings fine providing it is not real weapon or possbile resembling a real weapon but dont quote me.

As long as everthing is safe it should be fine.

Slight question here.....what can we and what can't we use as props to our costumes?

My costume needs a few props and without them it won't work so i'm kinda wondering what's allowed? Health and safety and all that jazz.

It's illegal to carry replica weapons in public, I know that - it's something that comes up at MK often. There's a thread HERE, HEREand HERE, but your best bet is to email Showmasters directly and tell them what you're planning to bring and get their say so on it. You can use the forum search facility too and have a look at the advice (that's how I got the links)

It's illegal to carry replica weapons in public, I know that - it's something that comes up at MK often. There's a thread HERE, HEREand HERE, but your best bet is to email Showmasters directly and tell them what you're planning to bring and get their say so on it. You can use the forum search facility too and have a look at the advice (that's how I got the links)

Do you think a whip will be okay? :unsure:

Well you see my Sweeney Todd outfit (very dark Victorian) won't be complete without a straight razor, the costume and whole idea just won't work without it and for love nor money i cannot find a plastic one anywhere. I tried a shop Stateside and they told me there was a chronic shortage of replica straight razors.......i'd hate to think why :thumbup: