Next cancellation: Dreyfuss?

God L'Eponge

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well as far as i know he has cancelled at least 4 cons this year, he is currently shooting a film and is in the process of filing a lawsuit against his father for nearly a million dollars, but i'm sure he'll turn up. not that i care either way really, i just popped in to see if smg had been announced yet.

There was no mention of him attending the event in the advert

I saw inside Fridays Daily Mirror (24th October).

Is this a bad sign :headscratch: ?

Agreed. This is not a good omen. :YAHOO:

This is going to be a quiet event anyway - if Dreyfuss cancels, it's only going to get quieter.

I wouldnt be suprised that SM had their doubts about him coming. The problem is always going to be that we are the last to find out and havent a clue when SM will find out.

A good example was with Adam Baldwin at the last Collectormania. They told us in mid September, yet it was announced at the end of August that NBC had green lighted the back half of the current Chuck season to be filmed. So Adam and his people would have known at the begining of September that he would be filming Chuck, two weeks later SM announced he wasnt coming.

The thing with tv shows is that, just because the show is filming, it doesn't mean the actor is. Most tv actors would only get their call sheets a week or two in advance, and that's why you get cancellations within a fortnight of the shows.

• Showmasters Admin
- .... .. ... / ... .. - . / .. ... / .- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-. / ---... -....- http://morsecode.scphillips.com/jtranslator.html :D

.... --- .-.. -.-- / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.. ..- -.. . / -.. --- / -.-- --- ..- / - .... .. -. -.- / - .... . -.-- / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- .-.. .-.. --- .-- / .. - :YAHOO:

Not if you continue to use it to swear!

- .... .. ... / ... .. - . / .. ... / .- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-. / ---... -....- http://morsecode.scphillips.com/jtranslator.html :D

.... --- .-.. -.-- / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.. ..- -.. . / -.. --- / -.-- --- ..- / - .... .. -. -.- / - .... . -.-- / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- .-.. .-.. --- .-- / .. - :YAHOO:

Not if you continue to use it to swear!

.-.. --- .-.. / -. .. -.-. -.- -.-- / -... ..- ... - . -.. :D

Agreed. This is not a good omen.:thumbup:

This is going to be a quiet event anyway - if Dreyfuss cancels, it's only going to get quieter.

I hope this thread turns out to be pointless, it would be a real shame to lose the headliner. It would be the first event I have missed since getting the bug!

I hope this isn't true. I've bought an extra film DVD to have signed by Richard Dreyfuss.

But surly if you're a fan of his you'd keep it and watch it...if you didnt already have it (and surly you would if you were a fan)??? If you were just merely an auto collector I'd thought you'd just go for a 10x8.

I remember at C4 when I met David Naughton I gave him a copy of American Werewolf DVD for him to sign and I had to take it out of the wrapper first in front of him as I had only just bought it at HMV - this kinda embarrassed me and I felt I might be offending David as I clearly was not a fan who already owned it (any "fan" would). To him I probably looked like an "opportunist".

Agreed. This is not a good omen.:uhoh:

I hope this thread turns out to be pointless, it would be a real shame to lose the headliner. It would be the first event I have missed since getting the bug!

Unlucky!

But surly if you're a fan of his you'd keep it and watch it...if you didnt already have it (and surly you would if you were a fan)??? If you were just merely an auto collector I'd thought you'd just go for a 10x8.

I hadn't got it on DVD beforehand and it's one of the best films of the 80's.