I don't want to seem ungreatful

For me its the value of money, at these 3 guests, its very expensive for a silver like me. We all may have a good time regardless of guests, but for me i just can't get over just how much the ticket is costing me plus the hotel plus travel.

Well, for me I have estimated the total cost for tickets, hotel, travel and spending money far exceeds £1000. As a single mother student with 3 children, it's quite a struggle. I'm not complaining about the cost per se (my kids aren't getting any Christmas presents because this is it!) but it would be nice to have a few more guests to justify my overdraft - ha ha. It's not funny really though with the current economy as it stands!

Anyway, plenty of time. Jason, Mark and the team do a great job and I'm sure they are working on some fab guests as we speak (type). :dance:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha fair enough :dance:

but seeing as ive already brought a ticket and have no intention of going gold myself:P technically if you give me it they dont lose out on custom

but im just kidding mate, i hope you do deside to come, just like i desided to go to lockdown cause regardless of guests youll have a great time!,

I don't see why people are getting so stressed this early!

E2 is 5 weeks away, that is aggggggggges and anyone with any experience of SM know that they tend to make big announcements right at the last minute, I'm convinced they will not let us down, they never have in the past. They are so hardworking and really care about the fans and value for money, please don't give up on this, I have every faith it'll be fabulous!

E2 is 5 weeks away, that is aggggggggges and anyone with any experience of SM know that they tend to make big announcements right at the last minute, I'm convinced they will not let us down, they never have in the past. They are so hardworking and really care about the fans and value for money, please don't give up on this, I have every faith it'll be fabulous!

I can see WHY there is stress.

A lot of people who bought their ticket went to E1, so its very easy to make comparisons. This time before E1 there was a full line up (even though there were a couple of cancellations/replacements). This time before E1 there were no gold tickets left - in fact they sold out 6 months before. Also, there aren't any photo shoots on sale in the online shop whereas for E1 they went on sale pretty soon after the guest announcements.

But E2 is NOT E1.

And remember, Showmasters got us Sendhil and Cristine only a couple of weeks before the event. They were big names and announced close to the time. This proves they can get us big guests close to the event. And to be fair, I think we've got 3 pretty good guests. They may not be everyone's favourite characters, but the chances are they will be fabulous guests for this event. TBH my favourites from E1 were Cristine, Jessalyn and David, but before I went I was more interested in meeting the other 3 guests, so you never can tell until you get there.

I'll be happy if Ashley Crow brings her husband - Ted Sprague was one of my favourite characters from season 1 (any chance? - hint hint)

edit: actually having checked the last guest announced for E1 was Cristine who was announced 4 weeks before, and Santiago was 5 weeks before (just in case there is a dispute!)

Edited by Miss_G

haha fair enough :dance:

but seeing as ive already brought a ticket and have no intention of going gold myself:P technically if you give me it they dont lose out on custom

but im just kidding mate, i hope you do deside to come, just like i desided to go to lockdown cause regardless of guests youll have a great time!,

I went to Lockdown too and had a Gold Pass for that one, and as much fun as I had, it really wasnt worth anything like the money I paid to go. I think in the case of this con, if I was still really into the show I would be more excited, but since I'm disappointed so far (and with the last season to be honest), I just can't drum up any enthusiasm.

'm convinced they will not let us down, they never have in the past.

Lockdown didn't turn out too gooda value for money tho.

Not really their fault though - writers strike/cast all called back to film etc.

I agree with your signature though - Jack Davenport rules!

i bought my ticket early as it helped to spread the cost through the year, money has always been an issue. it's a heroes con so i know i will enjoy it regardless of the guests.

Exactly, it's a Heroes con and as Heroes is my fav show and I want to meet people from Heroes above all other things, I know I'm gonna enjoy it. So I book as soon as I can, especially as I can't pay for multiple tics for different events I want to go to at once. I know the ticket is sorted and I have time to save for travel costs and spending money.

I agree with the person who said there not getitng os into this seaosn fo heroes, isnt doing it for me too yet :/.

I also agreee its alot of money, some of which people cant afford to spend but after E1 was exspecting more, Again im not gunna moan untill liek 2 weeks before if theres been no guests announcments, But im gunn have faith in SM, they have more cons t arrange b4 this one..

and hopefuly they'll get some big names or just some more guests ad not let us down

I agree with the person who said there not getitng os into this seaosn fo heroes, isnt doing it for me too yet :/.

I also agreee its alot of money, some of which people cant afford to spend but after E1 was exspecting more, Again im not gunna moan untill liek 2 weeks before if theres been no guests announcments, But im gunn have faith in SM, they have more cons t arrange b4 this one..

and hopefuly they'll get some big names or just some more guests ad not let us down

I'm loving the new series, though I wasn't overly fussed with the shooting storyline, but I'm quite impressed with Sylar's role so far. I don't care if he's evil, he's my favourite!

Zach Quinto for Eclipse 2 pretty please Showmasters!!! :P

I'm loving the new series, though I wasn't overly fussed with the shooting storyline, but I'm quite impressed with Sylar's role so far. I don't care if he's evil, he's my favourite!

Zach Quinto for Eclipse 2 pretty please Showmasters!!! :P

I love sylar aswell, and i like dht elatest episode but i dunno, its just not giving me the same appeal it was.

I'm loving S3 too, although sometimes it feels like the writers are trying to Break My Brain. And we're only a few eps in! Oh, the ride.

On the subject of main cast guests, I can understand why people are feeling concerned, as it is getting relatively close, but I'm still chilled and ready to have some fun, regardless of who turns up. OK, I can think of a few of the main cast I'd love to see (oh, yes), but I loved the "minor" guests at the last one so should think I'll be just as pleased this time round.

If I just had a standard ticket I think I'd be pretty chilled about it all, I'd go and have fun and not really be that bothered about the guests, just hang out with my friends and party and stuff, but £245 is a heck of a lot of money to have spent on what we have currently.

• Showmasters Admin

ok i think i needed to come on here and just say that we have a lot of offers out to guests and we know we will have a great line up for this event in the end so please be cool :thumbup:

but please bear in mind that the guests are filming the show at this time, and this is why its taking a bit more time to book and conform guests as they have to see when they are available or if they are needed for filming

its very easy to book guest when they are not working and this will be the case for every con at the bigging of the year,but much harder for the events at the end of the year but we just need to give the guests a bit more time to know if they can come to the show so give us a bit more time and we will come through :YAHOO:

i hope this covers people concerns and helps people to know we are working on this and we will have some news on guests very soon

hope this helps you all

Jaosn :thumbup: