• Christina Hendricks ... Saffron
    • Mark Metcalf ... The Master
    • Mark Lutz ... The Groosalugg
    • Elizabeth Anne Allen ... Amy Madison (

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was such a hard choice, I'd love to see almost everyone on the list, I've met some of them but they're all so great I'd like to see them again!

To try and make it easier I only voted for people I haven't met already but it didn't help much :YAHOO:

For part one I voted for Eliza but I'd also love to meet Alexis (He and David are the only Angel regulars I haven't met yet!) Nathan would be great too, I met him at LFCC but I think he's be terrific at a con!

Part two I voted for Julie, she was brilliant as Darla and Dexter is one of my fave shows. Vincent would be awesome too, he's so much fun!

Part three I voted for Leonard Roberts because he's been in three of my fave shows and I didn't get the chance to meet him when he was over here last year.

I'm not expecting it to happen but if Joss or David could make it I'd be over the moon! :D

Wow! Awesome that you're even leaving the possibility of SMG or Alyson or David open! That's awesome. Any of those 3, I think I'd probably die...

But as for the poll, it was so mean making me choose between Amber Benson and Eliza Dushku, but because I met Amber back in 2006, I picked Eliza. But I still would love Amber as well! I couldn't meet her this past weekend!

Then I picked Amy Acker, she'd be amazing. I love Fred.

Then I picked Mercedes McNab, who, by the way, is in section 2 and 3...

But yeh, this is gonna be amazing!

Like most Buffy/Angel fans in the UK I have already met most of the above list,

Woah, that's a rather huge assumption going on right there!!

Unlike yourself obviously, I have hardly met any of the regular Buffy and Angel cast on the lists above and a convention like this is an actual godsend. Even though I am a massive fan I have only been going to cons for the last couple of years...there are a few reasons for that.

We cant all be as lucky as you!

I just felt like I had to say something as I'm sure there are lots of fans like me who are in the same boat.

Plus it kinda made it sound like you're not grateful/excited for the con as "I'm not fussed as I've met them all already".

Anyway, that's my view. I'm leaving now!

xxxx

Like most Buffy/Angel fans in the UK I have already met most of the above list,

Woah, that's a rather huge assumption going on right there!!

Unlike yourself obviously, I have hardly met any of the regular Buffy and Angel cast on the lists above and a convention like this is an actual godsend. Even though I am a massive fan I have only been going to cons for the last couple of years...there are a few reasons for that.

We cant all be as lucky as you!

I just felt like I had to say something as I'm sure there are lots of fans like me who are in the same boat.

Plus it kinda made it sound like you're not grateful/excited for the con as "I'm not fussed as I've met them all already".

Anyway, that's my view. I'm leaving now!

xxxx

----------------------

I'd like to think this poster didnt mean anything bad towards new fans/con goers i am sure however the wording could have been a little different as not every fan has been to a convention yet for various reasons.

Yes, there were buffy/angel cons in the uk from around 2001 by the organsier mentioned and others now gone so a lot of original con goers have met cast in the past, this is not a bad thing it just means as a newbie to cons you have all this to look forward to, i have been to may cons but it still feels like the first time to meet the cast. I must admit to meeting all but nathan,seth,harry groener and marc blucas and joss but you'll still find me at every event the cast are at.

I was one of those asking for this con for a long time and was hopping up and down this week when i heard before i emailed everyone i had ever met to get them to go. I do have friends who are younger than me and who were not lucky enough to be able to go to the old cons or didnt have money as it is expensive as my many credit cards will agree with! I am still peeved to have missed te first 2 years of cons so making up for it now.

I think its great that newbies (either to the show or conventions) are still finding the show 5 years on and wanting to go to cons. i love "adopting" people at events that are still going on and finding new friends to hang out with and discuss the show with. I have persuaded 5 friends to buy gold tickets this weekend and still hoping to persuade others in the next few months too.

THe buffy/angel fandom is very loyal to the cast and each other and lets hope we all have a great time at the con be you a new fan meeting guests for the first time or old timers enjoying seeing old friends again either way i hope we all enjoy it i know i am so looking forward to this.

Nicky

Edited by buffy2k

• Moderators

I too felt the original statement was a bit off, but didn't particularly feel like saying anything about it as I knew exactly what they meant.

However, as with any conventions, there's a very limited amount of people that can attend compared to the actual amount of fans that exist. And companies usually have their 'regulars' who will attend, so it's often a large amount of the same people.

So regardless of another company having covered Buffy and Angel for a good amount of time, there's still a huge amount that probably never went to those conventions. Throw in new fans too, and there's a lot of people that won't have met a good amount of those on the list.

I myself have never been a regular attendee of another organiser's conventions, and therefore haven't met a fair few of the casts.

^^ Same... only been to the last big one of the other organisers last year, so my Buffy/ Angel collection is still quite small. I'd love to see any of the above who haven't been to an SM show! (CHRISTIAN KANE!!!) Whooo :D

Yes, there were buffy/angel cons in the uk from around 2001 by the organsier mentioned and others now gone so a lot of original fans have met cast in the past, this is not a bad thing it just means as a new fan you have all this to look forward to, i have been to may cons but it still feels like the first time to meet the wonderful cast.

Arghh but I'm not a "newbie"!! I've been a major fan for years, since the show started!

So, yes, I'm pretty much new to the whole con-going thing compared to a lot of ppl but not a newbie to the show.

Just had to clear that up! The whole "original" and "newbie" labels get me all annoyed but that's my issue lmao!!

I do get that there has been a ot of Buffy cons done by other organisers in the past which has meant that a lot of the cast have been meet-able. I guess the wording in that post I quoted just didnt convey what they meant very well!

xxxx

I voted for James (I know I've met him before, but he's a nice guy), Juliet (I know I've met her before, but she's really nice), and George (boy is he tall!).

Stephen

Hey Stephen!

Are you planning of attending this? It'd be nice to see you again.

BTW I agree with your choises (and the reasons to them) even though I've never met Juliet.

-mts.tyra, the one who voted for Leary instead of Herzberg

I'd like to meet Marc Blucas too but always been led to believe that both he and Gina Torres wont do conventions and have been asked numerous times by other people so i didnt vote for them as i am not sure you gonna get far with these two unfortunately. Gina used to but hasnt in recent years.

Amy Acker (although a sweetheart) is already doing another convention in April so not sure she could come back twice in a year?

Regardlng the lists in this poll i hope they are only a vague idea to wants as i know a lot of people (especially some of the james fans) who will or have signed up for the con but wont go on forums to vote for guests?

Nicky

:D

Edited by buffy2k

Where's Jenny Mollen (Nina in Angel).

She is an awesome person - so much fun.

Jenny is awesome Id love for her to come over

im in agreentment, shed be a prety awosme guest if she was on the list.. but i gues its too hard to remember all characters lol

Marc blucas.. i dont get the craze.. i know too many people wod vote for him just to glare at him! lol.

but anyone from buffy/angel wud be more the amazing for me.

nd dollhouse people.. wud be pretty cool as its all fresh n new!

Yes that would be great

Jane espenson and David Fury, Tim Minear, Steve Deknight from the writers are interesting to listen to and of course Joss and Marti Noxon.

dayne Johnson or Todd McIntosh in make up

and some of the stunt people as well - steve tartalia,mike massa, melissa barker etc.

Edited by buffy2k