Mark Hamill

Lennybear

• 9 months later...

£95 last year. Yet I wish I'd bought 2 instead of 1!

I did get 2 instead of 1! Got a decent pic with him too.

Yes but he did do alot of FREE autographs for local school kids and visited a couple of schools.

I worked the Con so saw him twice, but never got to meet him. I actually met his daughter, she is really nice and not too hard on the old eyes, even if Kenny Bakers son was trying to hit on her, rather unsuccesfully.

• 3 weeks later...

He thinks that he can get alot of people to buy his autograph and pic because he is a main character from the star wars trilogy and there is always some one willing to pay that certain price, or maybe its because he is not getting alot of work these days and he knows he can make a fortune at signings.

Edited by MICHEALS KILLER

He thinks that he can get alot of people to buy his autograph and pic because he is a main character from the star wars trilogy and there is always some one willing to pay that certain price, or maybe its because he is not getting alot of work these days and he knows he can make a fortune at signings.

Or maybe it's his agent who negotiates things that way?

As I understand it he doesn't charge an appearance fee as such but makes the money up through signings fees. By all accounts most (if not all) of the money he makes from appearances like this go to charity rather than him keeping it (no proof either way so guess we need to take him at his word for that if it is the case).

I have to say though, he does make an effort at events, he chats, personalises and poses for pictures which he sees as all part of the signing fee.

As for his career, I'm told by people that know about these things that while he doesn't do much film work anymore he does do a lot of stuff around voice over work and graphic novels or something, don't know the details but there does seem to be something!

Edited by Count Fooku