Posting Tickets

Jola

Also, the cocktail party. I'm worried with that many people, the guests who do attend might get frightened off because with that many people there will inevitably some who forget their manners and harrass the guests for photos and autographs like what happened at Eclispe.

And that is where the guest liaisons and security would step in to stop it..... :WINCE:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

What happened at Eclipse was at the normal party, not the Cocktail party, wasn't it?

The Cocktail party is specifically done with the guests in an organised fashion. The 'normal' parties have guests if they choose to attend and if everyone acts reasonably.

we will be letting you all in in batches of 25 [...] the number you get is linked to who was first to buy the tickets

So this is definitely linked to your registration number, right? When the doors open, you first let the people with numbers 1-25 inside, then 26-50? I'm just double-checking to see if I'm interpreting this right, because this is the first time I'm reading about this system, and it would definitely put my mind at ease if this is the case. To me, it would mean queuing to get in the Q&A hall would be a waste of time... time I'd much rather spend on other things! (I know Brits seem to love queuing, but it's not a fave pastime of mine, *grin*)

if we do sell out we will add more guests to the line up we did say there will be around 4 to 6 guests attending the event but we can say that at this time we will be having 6 to 8 and if we sell out it will be more like 8 to 10 or more

and another quote from another topic:

we hope to have around 10 to 12 in total

Maybe next time it would be nice to not raise the expectations of the con attendees. I for one interpret the first quote very differently from the second. :WINCE:

So this is definitely linked to your registration number, right? When the doors open, you first let the people with numbers 1-25 inside, then 26-50? I'm just double-checking to see if I'm interpreting this right, because this is the first time I'm reading about this system, and it would definitely put my mind at ease if this is the case. To me, it would mean queuing to get in the Q&A hall would be a waste of time... time I'd much rather spend on other things! (I know Brits seem to love queuing, but it's not a fave pastime of mine, *grin*)

I'd like some kind of confirmation on this as well if anyone can give it. :) My ticket is numbered G47...I've always thought the fairest way to handle things would be doing stuff by numbers, but I realise this isn't always a perfect world...

Ok any help here would be fantastic....i have ticket but on the back it states that you need to bring your confirmation email and some forms of i.d.....now i don't have any forms of i.d......i don't own a passport, i don't have a drivers license or a provisonal drivels license and i don't have any form of photographic i.d so please.....WHAT THE HECK COUNTS AS FORMS OF I.D!!!!!! Not that i'm getting stressed or anything.....alos i'm blind in one eye so what happens seating wise as being miles at the back is going to spoil the whole event for someone like me...what's the provision for disabled guests.

There were apparently 50 tickets left a few days AFTER I bought mine. And yet I'm 117. What went on there?

It was probably an estimate of what was left available.

Placing your order in the shop only "reserves" your order. I have to manually process the orders to get a correct figure of what is left available.

catfish asked wether or not I am paranoid... well, I might... but then again, as people have expressed their disappointment about the extra 50...

Why I reacted as I did? I've seen thise kinds of reactions in different fandoms, and it's always the same:

The priviledged "gold/platinum/whatever" people are extremely jelaous of their tickets, and want to keep their "club" as exclusive as they can.

Whenever there're some extra tickets being made available in their category, the result is always an uproar...

and the one's suffering the most are the people who got the "extra" tickets.

Maybe I should just stick to the May Collectormanias... that way I won't be such an annoyance to all the people around (and especially sitting behind) me.

-mts.tyra- the one still contemplating wether or not to come

ps. I understand the concerns about seating and the coctail party, but then again...

Jason said that most of the things that were not-so-good at Eclipse, have been fixed

I'm sorry if you or others have been blamed by gold ticket holders in other fandoms when the powers that be have offered more of those tickets for sale. As one who always buys the top ticket available to me, I am appalled that anyone might blame the attendees who buy the extra tickets. So far, I haven't seen anyone here blaming those who bought the tickets, and I sincerely hope that I never will.

My problem with all this is that we were not told by Jason or anyone else that this decision was being taken/had been taken until after people started receiving their letters. The number of tickets being sold in the more expensive categories is a factor in the experience being promised by those who put on the event. When people weigh the decision about whether or not to spend the extra money--money that might not be all that easily available, in many cases--for such tickets, they are factoring whether or not the extra face-time and closer seats they're being promised is worth the sacrifice they might have to make. (Not all those who buy these tickets are financially privileged or secure.) When the number of tickets in that category is then raised, it feels like a slap in the face, because the experience they thought they were buying has been fundamentally changed.

In the end, the people for whom I feel the worst are those who bought the extra tickets, thinking that they were going to be part of the original 100 mentioned on the website. Not only were they misled by the advertising on the website and the lack of any sort of message on the forum, but now they may worry, as do you, about possible resentment from those who worry about their experience being diluted.

For myself, as an early purchaser, I'll roll with the flow on the number of people. I'd have bought a gold ticket even if they'd advertised that they were selling 300 of them. However, the fact that SM said nothing about this until the issue was forced upon them breaks trust with their clientèle, and makes me a bit anxious about future dealings. :/

• Showmasters Admin

we have this every time with every new event

PLEASE people just trust us

if you have a issue on the day then thats fine come on here and say what you want.

but please do not go over every thing that you can think up that may go wrong and go over it all the time

we had pages and pages of post for the Eclipse con and on the day 99% of it went well and lots of things happened that were so cool and people had a great time

so please just look forward to the event ant enjoy the build up to the event its going to be fun

one last thing

tickets are sold in order of purchase and it works so the ticket number you have is what it is, sometimes we let people know numbers of tickets left and they are an estimate of numbers left, so there is no need to look for a conspiracy

and as to the seats there is around 25 chairs in a row

so people with ticket 1 to 25 will be in row 1 and so on 126 to 150 will be in row 6 and the rows will be staggered so it helps wit seeing the stage and with the stage being higher all will be fine for every one including the people at the back so please let stop all this negativity we have thought it through

i hope this ends a lot of this :huh:

let get back to looking forward to the event and having fun :smile:

see you there :D

jason :WAVE:

I'm so not going to be able to see a thing. :smile:

(I'm out of proportion so I've got really long legs and a much-shorter-than-average torso, and I'm only 5'1 to start off with.)

I'm built the opposite way, but I feel for you. Given what they've said about raising the stage, I'm hoping that everyone will be able to see better than is the current fear. Would they let you bring a seat cushion with you, so that you could have a better chance at seeing things? *is hopeful*

Hold on a minute SM. When I bought my Gold ticket I like everyone else thought

we were one of 100. Yet my ticket number now appears to be 137! If I knew that

I would have to be in the last row of the Gold tickets I wouldn't of bought one. I'm

not happy at all & not sure I still want to go to this event. Is it possible to get a

refund?

• Moderators

I'm really quite surprised at how much of a difference a row or two in a talk makes to some people in regards to attending a convention.

Personally I was a normal ticket holder at Eclipse, so didn't get anywhere near the stage, and yet I absolutely loved every single talk that I went to. And I'm pretty sure that'd be the case wherever I sat.

Each to their own obviously, we all get different things out of these events and that's fair enough, but I'm shocked that some people would want to now pull out of attending with a Gold Pass because there's a 50 person difference.

i am sorry i do think you are worrying a bit to much over all this

the stage will be higher by about a foot and a half and seats will be staggered so you can see between people so please relax its going to be fine

see you all there

jason :D

Not worrying too much, when you have to lean round even just one person to see a raised platform it's embarassing (recently watched a show in a theatre where I sat on the floor in the aisle despite having paid for a seat, just to see the show). Think of taking a seven-year-old along with you...

*embarrassing but true*

It's not even like I'm that short, it's just I'm out of proportion - should be about 5'9 for the length of my legs... :D

I am gob smacked by some people's responses on here. I bought a Gold ticket and really couldn't care less whether 100 or 150 tickets were sold. Everyone will get the photo's and the autographs they want, we will all get in to the talks and still be no further back than row 6 and we'll get to meet the guests at the cocktail party as the ushers will ensure this. I really don't see what people's problems are.

The talks will be great even if the view isn't the best because surely people are going to them to hear what guests have to say not just to take photographs. Well, thats why I'm going.

My ticket has arrived and I'm in the group between 101 and 150 so I'm glad they sold 150 tickets and am still very excited about coming to the Hub regardless of whether I meet guests at the cocktail party or get a good view in the talks. I will still get to have my photo taken with 6 guests, have a group photo with the guests and get 6 autographs - thats enough for me!

Maybe people should wait and see what happens then if there are complaints make them. After all you may be stressing and worrying over nothing. Just a thought!

I would have to be in the last row of the Gold tickets I wouldn't of bought one. I'm

not happy at all & not sure I still want to go to this event. Is it possible to get a

refund?

Short answer, no. :D

If you didn't want to be in the last row, you should have booked quicker, regardless of how many golds there are :D It's not Wembly Arena ffs - you will see perfectly well !! ;):blink::P:D:lol:

• Showmasters Admin

refund?

yes email us and i will do that for you

i am sorry you feel this way and if you are unhappy that you will be around 8 feet from the guest on the stage then i think it best to refund you and offer the ticket to the other 30 to 40 people that want that ticket

so do drop us an email and i will be happy to refund you for this ticket

jason

I'm really quite surprised at how much of a difference a row or two in a talk makes to some people in regards to attending a convention.

Personally I was a normal ticket holder at Eclipse, so didn't get anywhere near the stage, and yet I absolutely loved every single talk that I went to. And I'm pretty sure that'd be the case wherever I sat.

Each to their own obviously, we all get different things out of these events and that's fair enough, but I'm shocked that some people would want to now pull out of attending with a Gold Pass because there's a 50 person difference.

If you're a short person even just a couple of rows can make all the difference as to whether you'll have a worth-while experience at talks. Trust me, it can be a huge problem for some of us and can make attending such an event more stressful than it should be.

People were mislead about the Golden ticket numbers and considering the amount of money we paid for them, I think we've got a right to be a little miffed and worried.

I know this has really put me off making such an expensive purchase with Showmasters again in the future. These gold passes are not cheap, at all, and it does feel like a slap when we realise we're going to be getting an experience that is different from what was advertised. I've got to be honest - this has broken my trust in showmasters quite a bit. Sorry.

I think that it's mostly a matter of perception and trust. If fifty people had been added to 300, it wouldn't be perceived as such a difference in experience. However, to many of those who paid a premium for an experience that was sold with a representation that only 99 others would be sharing it, the addition of half again as many people with no notice about it feels like more of a blow. Regardless of how reasonable concerns about dilution may or may not turn out to be, business is dependent upon the trust and perception of it by its customers.

As a practical matter, I'd respectfully suggest three possible strategies that might cause less strife in future:

1. Stop using the cutoff number as a selling point. There's a major for-profit convention runner in the U.S. that commits only to not overselling the convention, and that seems to work for them.

2. Stand by the numbers promised in the beginning. (Make said numbers viable for the organisation's financial survival.)

3. If the decision needs to be taken to raise the numbers sold after promising a lower cutoff, change the information on the websites and post a notice on the forum at the time of the decision, thus minimizing the fallout. (Unfortunately, fallout will always be a problem.)

I'd also suggest bearing in mind that rather than calming things, telling people not to worry tends to produce exactly the opposite effect. :D

Blackbird, aka Experienced Worrywart

• Showmasters Admin

can someone show me who is getting the bad deal out of any of this ? :D

sorry i cannot see any one being at a disadvantage in us putting up 50 more gold passes

1 all the fans get to meet more guests as we have more income to spend on

guests

2 the drinks reception is held in a bigger room with more guests going this

works better for every one

3 more people get the better value the gold pass gives with the photo ops

4 it effects none of the other tickets holders in any way apart from they

get to see more guests which is a good thing

5 any one with a ticket number over 100 would not get to go to the drinks party or get the deal on the photo

ops so 50 more people get to be more involved and enjoy some of the extra stuff

as to the info on the site, yes we could have changed the info on the site, but as the tickets sold out very fast we did not think to change it, in fact the between the time we got to 100 sold and selling out all we had time for was to let people know they had sold out,

as i keep saying if you think this is such a big thing and it is going to ruin your weekend we do not want you to be unhappy so just email us and we will refund you

i did not think this would have been such a big issue for some of you, all i can say is in future to stop this being made into an issue again, we will make it clear that we can change the amounts of tickets sold if it helps the event

one last thing we could have ran this event in a much bigger hotel but we wanted to run events were its 1000 or under as we know we can look after this amount of people in a nice way, so we think of you all already so people should have more faith in us

well i hope you all can see were i am coming from, we are sincere, we do not do things to upset people or rip them off, we just want to run good events and if you look at our recored so fare all the Convention we have run have been that :blink:

i hope this clears this up and i can get back to running the event

jason :D