Posting Tickets

Jola

I definately understand where everyone is coming from I too would be a bit put out if I had bought a gold ticket on the understanding that only 100 were being sold. Perhaps with all the fuss that it is generating perhaps only one price ticket should be sold at these events rather than a 3 tier system and sit people on ticket numbers. Like I said in a previous post I bought standard tickets I'd love to have bought a gold or silver but couldn't afford it so this means missing out on the benefits that the gold and silver tickets have and moaning about an extra 50 meaning that you may not get near the guests at the party or near the front in the talks to me well lets just say I'd be made up to even be at the party and be prioritised seating at the talks. And also people say it cost so much or I couldn't really afford it, well no one made people buy these tickets. To have such neagativity before the event really does take the shine off it a bit.

Not really negativity from me, just a query about being sold an expensive item on one basis and then finding out informally and unofficially that actually that basis has been changed. For me (and yes I know this makes me lucky in some people's eyes) the money isn't an issue as such. I think your idea about one price ticket and people buy any extras separately is a good one. Trouble is the organisers need a reasonable amount of upfront money I imagine to enable them to get these things off the ground in the first place..and I guess gold tickets and such go a long way towards this. We all want a good con and I guess getting the money in in this way, helps them have the funds to go for guests and such. Dunno. One tier like you say would suit me I confess.

Edited by catfish

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't see why people are moaning about this... did pple really get a gold ticket so they could feel "exclusive" or like a VIP. if you did then its a shame youre soshallow. I for one am hapy that this event an be shared with more people, more fans, and more people to have a good time with,

• Moderators

Let's try to keep this discussion friendly and not get personal please :headscratch:

We all buy our tickets for various reasons, and the Gold holders are entitled to express their opinions. As long as it's all done in a sensible manner, Jason won't have any issue with it.

But let's not have some Gold/normal divide occuring - in the end, you're ALL fans of Torchwood, which is why you're going to the event! It doesn't matter what ticket you bought, you're all sharing the same interest, and you'll all have a fantastic time I'm sure of it.

i don't see why people are moaning about this... did pple really get a gold ticket so they could feel "exclusive" or like a VIP. if you did then its a shame youre soshallow. I for one am hapy that this event an be shared with more people, more fans, and more people to have a good time with,

No I am going to the Hub because I want to go to a Torchwood convention. However the decision to buy the gold ticket (which is after all twice the cost of a standard entry ticket) is because I wanted decent seating in the hall so that I don't have to look at the screen and because I fancied the cocktail party on the Friday night. Presumably these benefits of the gold ticket also appealed to you which is why you yourself bought a gold ticket rather than a silver or standard ticket?

50 more gold tickets is just more problematic from an organisational viewpoint as it means a very crowded cocktail party and more gold seats in the hall meaning that those with standard tickets are pushed even further back. The problems can be easily dealt with but the organisers can't respond appropriately if they don't know our concerns now can they?

No I am going to the Hub because I want to go to a Torchwood convention. However the decision to buy the gold ticket (which is after all twice the cost of a standard entry ticket) is because I wanted decent seating in the hall so that I don't have to look at the screen and because I fancied the cocktail party on the Friday night. Presumably these benefits of the gold ticket also appealed to you which is why you yourself bought a gold ticket rather than a silver or standard ticket?

50 more gold tickets is just more problematic from an organisational viewpoint as it means a very crowded cocktail party and more gold seats in the hall meaning that those with standard tickets are pushed even further back. The problems can be easily dealt with but the organisers can't respond appropriately if they don't know our concerns now can they?

I entirely agree, although I am going to the event more to see John than for TW if I'm honest. I have no interest in exclusivity/VIP status or whatever. The money I paid out was for the seating, nothing more nothing less. In terms of sharing the event, more gold tickets doesn't make any difference to the actual numbers of people that can attend should they wish to do so..I imagine for health and safety reasons there will be a limit on attendees anyway. People are entitled to raise polite questions with the organisers on this forum as far as I am aware.

Edited by catfish

Well, I have to say that I'm VERY disappointed about this, particularly in relation to the cocktail party. There's a HUGE difference between 100 and 150 guests, and I'm not talking just numbers. Although having said that, this increase will in practical terms mean a decrease in the time each ticket holder gets with each guest. For me, that IS important. It doesn't change the fact that I want to attend, nor does it in any way make me annoyed about ticket holders G101 - G150. I haven't got my ticket yet and for all I know, I may well be one of them!

How about Showmasters increasing the length of the party to make up for the increase in numbers?

Edited by dayonestar

Well, I have to say that I'm VERY disappointed about this, particularly in relation to the cocktail party. There's a HUGE difference between 100 and 150 guests, and I'm not talking just numbers. Although having said that, this increase will in practical terms mean a decrease in the time each ticket holder gets with each guest. For me, that IS important. Although it doesn't change the fact that I want to attend, nor the way I feel about guests 101-150. I haven't got my ticket yet and for all I know, I may well be one of them!

How about Showmasters increasing the length of the party to make up for the increase in numbers?

Yeah and what do us standard ticket holder do if the length of the party was to be increased. Hello there are other people besides gold ticket holders attending.

No, I bought a gold ticket because I thought that was my best chance of getting some quality time with the guests. Now that the amount of said quality time has changed, that is significant. People are going for all sorts of reasons, and that is mine. Doesn't make it any better or worse than anyone else's, IMHO.

Well, I have to say that I'm VERY disappointed about this, particularly in relation to the cocktail party. There's a HUGE difference between 100 and 150 guests, and I'm not talking just numbers. Although having said that, this increase will in practical terms mean a decrease in the time each ticket holder gets with each guest. For me, that IS important. Although it doesn't change the fact that I want to attend, nor the way I feel about guests 101-150. I haven't got my ticket yet and for all I know, I may well be one of them!

Yeah and what do us standard ticket holder do if the length of the party was to be increased. Hello there are other people besides gold ticket holders attending.

Looking at the draft schedule, not sure how increasing the length of the cocktail party would impact on standard ticket holders actually, but you are right, all ticket holders need to be considered when arrangements are being put in place.

Well, I have to say that I'm VERY disappointed about this, particularly in relation to the cocktail party. There's a HUGE difference between 100 and 150 guests, and I'm not talking just numbers. Although having said that, this increase will in practical terms mean a decrease in the time each ticket holder gets with each guest. For me, that IS important. It doesn't change the fact that I want to attend, nor does it in any way make me annoyed about ticket holders G101 - G150. I haven't got my ticket yet and for all I know, I may well be one of them!

Yes, I am aware of that. I'm not talking about making the cocktail party last all night, just an earlier start or a later finish, of maybe half an hour or so. I'm sure SM could revise the schedule to accommodate it. (It does actually say that it is a draft and WILL change.)

Edited by dayonestar

Yeah and what do us standard ticket holder do if the length of the party was to be increased. Hello there are other people besides gold ticket holders attending

The length of the cocktail party doesn't affect the standard ticket holders at all! I'm assuming that the cocktail party won't be in the main hall so standard ticket holders will just be able to go to the disco, have a drink and party on down! It won't affect you at all.

hi "thefreckles"

i am going to answer in coloured text as it makes it easy for me

*snip*

yes after we ran Eclipse we sore that the room was not quite big enough so we planed to move this function to a larger room this meant we could open up the gold passes to 50 more people and as there are going to be nearly double the guests and as we had no problems with every one getting the autos and photo ops so we feel there will be no problems with offering up the extra gold passes

*snip*

Also that could mean an extra row being made available for gold ticket holders and that puts you potentially even further back from the stage!the gold pass people sit very close to the stage and i do not think one more row will make much of a diference I had gold for Eclipse and found that the dreadful lighting and low, lighting has been fixed low stage meant I could i) see very little and ii) could not take any decent photos even from the second row one or two seats in from the aisle chair with a 300mm zoom lens.well the stage is going to be raised so all those issues you had have been fixed

*snip*

Personally speaking, Showmasters/Massive Events are on trial here with me for The Hub i can see that, if you have any issues on the day then why not talk to someone at the event so we can fix it but if you leave it till after the event we cannot fix it so do come up and say if you have any issues, but i think it will run very smooth on the day given the problems encountered at Eclipse and I'm hoping that this weekend will redeem them in my eyes or at least show the potential for it being as good, if not better, than other weekend conventions I attend! well i do think you are being a little harsh on us it was our 1st event and 99% of the people did have a great time at the event If they've oversold by 50 without telling us, that does NOT bode well and certainly doesn't leave me filled with confidence unsure.gif well i do think you are going into this looking for issues before the event has happened all i can do is tell you what i have and you can give us a go, but if you are still not happy then in this case i can offer you a refund as we now have around 100 people that want a gold pass so its up to you, i only offer this now for the next 3 days so do let us know it you want to take us up on this offer

*snip*

i hope to see you there

jason :WAVE: [/color]

Thanks, Jason! Your (fantastically quick) answer to all my concerns is very much appreciated! And thank you also for all the detail you went into. Again, it is appreciated.

Good to see the cocktail party has been moved into another room (I already knew about now having 'ushers', thanks) and if the stage has been lifted and the lighting improved then yay! That will make a BIG difference. :dance: I'm only just 5' 2" so that will help enormously (especially if other people don't hold their cameras up in front of you all the bally time :angry: ), one of the reasons why I was concerned at the extra row as being that small, that means potentially even more taller people in front of you. I think we should have seating done by height :poki::whistling:;)

I know things get hectic for you so can understand that this must have slipped through. Hopefully, if anything like this happens again, information can be given out a bit sooner rather than us putting 2 + 2 together and speculating and then getting a little nervous about things...

I did actually speak to someone at Eclipse about some of my concerns. Got some great advice from one of the stewards but wasn't that happy with the response from one of the staff members I spoke to (especially as it conflicted with previous information given by another staff bod). I rather think that was probably just because you were all super-busy at the time and it got a little hectic in places...

I didn't mean to say I did NOT have a good time, if I didn't I wouldn't be going to The Hub! Sorry if it came across that way. Rather that there were quite a few teething problems and, from speaking to others who been to events since, I was a little concerned that very few had been taking seriously or addressed in any way. It does look as if most of those (if not all) may well now have been sorted out though and that has done much to reassure me. Information being shared to us really does help an awful lot :D:thumbup:

I promise I was most definitely not looking for issues before the con and am a little upset you thought that. I'm also rather surprised at the (very generous) offer of a refund, which I will decline thank you, as I tried to make sure I wasn't sounding hyper-critical and didn't think I was. Sorry if it came across that way :( I was just worried that, given my previous concerns, the increase in numbers would have a potentially big impact and that nothing had been said to us about it beforehand. I can assure you I do want to come to this and have a good time and even persuaded 4 of my friends to come along with me (only one other Gold though). It will be their first Massive Events event ::grins:: and I know we are looking forward to it.

All the best!

Edited by thefreckles

• Showmasters Admin

hi thefreckles

thanks for that we do try to work out and fix things that go wrong so they do not happen again

to answer some issues others have

we have said the times are not set in stone and WILL be changed to we will take it all on board

i would also like to say we promote that there will be 4 to 6 guests attending the show but as we have sold more gold passes we can now have more guests, so instead of 4 to 6 guests we will now have 6 to 8 or more thanks to the people buying gold passes

we want to grow the con and put more into it but it all has to be payed for and this is away that makes it posable to get more guests which is good for everyone

all i know is that its going to be a great event

well i hope this helps

jason :whistling:

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your post. I'm not very good with forums, but luckily some friends of mine are and told me about this 100 vs 150 thing.

Although it might have been nice to let us know, I'm quite content with the explanation, but I do have one question:

Could you give us an estimate of how many rows will be reserved for the Gold Tickets?

If one row seats 50 and in the worst case scenario I end up in third row I'd be utterly happy.

If one row seats 10 and I end up in row 15 I'd be a little upset because good seating without the hassle of queuing was one of the reasons to splurge on a Gold Ticket.

Mostly I'd just like to have an idea in advance, so when there I can just concentrate on having a party!

I've had some bad experiences with conventions ( which you have had nothing to do with, mind you) but this does mean you would really set my mind at ease here.

I am looking forward to this immensely and can I just say: number of guests...wow. :whistling:

Gr.

Babs

Edited by Babs

• Showmasters Admin

Hi All

we will be letting you all in in batches of 25 so 1 to 25 will go in first then 26 to 50 next and so on

with the silvers we will let them in 50's and so on till they are all in then standard tickets in 50's this all worked the last time we did this and is fair as the number you get is linked to who was first to buy the tickets

as to silvers we said we would sell 150 total and thats all we have sold

there are now only 21 silvers left and standards there are around 200 left

if we do sell out we will add more guests to the line up we did say there will be around 4 to 6 guests attending the event but we can say that at this time we will be having 6 to 8 and if we sell out it will be more like 8 to 10 or more :YAHOO:

i hope this covers all the points

i just want to say that the event is going to be amazing we have lots planed so relax its all under control and we are very happy the way things are going, so we know its going to be great :D

see you all there

jason :dance:

catfish asked wether or not I am paranoid... well, I might... but then again, as people have expressed their disappointment about the extra 50...

Why I reacted as I did? I've seen thise kinds of reactions in different fandoms, and it's always the same:

The priviledged "gold/platinum/whatever" people are extremely jelaous of their tickets, and want to keep their "club" as exclusive as they can.

Whenever there're some extra tickets being made available in their category, the result is always an uproar...

and the one's suffering the most are the people who got the "extra" tickets.

Maybe I should just stick to the May Collectormanias... that way I won't be such an annoyance to all the people around (and especially sitting behind) me.

-mts.tyra- the one still contemplating wether or not to come

ps. I understand the concerns about seating and the coctail party, but then again...

Jason said that most of the things that were not-so-good at Eclipse, have been fixed

Hi All

we will be letting you all in in batches of 25 so 1 to 25 will go in first then 26 to 50 next and so on

with the silvers we will let them in 50's and so on till they are all in then standard tickets in 50's this all worked the last time we did this and is fair as the number you get is linked to who was first to buy the tickets

as to silvers we said we would sell 150 total and thats all we have sold

there are now only 21 silvers left and standards there are around 200 left

if we do sell out we will add more guests to the line up we did say there will be around 4 to 6 guests attending the event but we can say that at this time we will be having 6 to 8 and if we sell out it will be more like 8 to 10 or more :P

i hope this covers all the points

i just want to say that the event is going to be amazing we have lots planed so relax its all under control and we are very happy the way things are going, so we know its going to be great :WINCE:

see you all there

jason :(

Thanks Jason, very helpful. Looking forward to it. Hope its as much fun as Aftermath. Talk about two extremes. :)

Really not pleased at all to hear about the extra Gold tickets being sold. The entire reason I bought a Gold ticket in the first place was because I was hoping it might somehow make for a slightly more intimate experience...that's out the window now. To be honest, if I'd had any inkling this might happen I may not have bothered buying a gold pass at all. They are not cheap, it's no small deal to buy something like that. I can't help but feel like I've been a ever so slightly scammed.

I'm dreading the talks now because I fear with 150 of us, I won't get as good a seat as I might have otherwise done. I'm a short person so sitting in the front few rows is really important to me, as otherwise I can't see anything. Also, the cocktail party. I'm worried with that many people, the guests who do attend might get frightened off because with that many people there will inevitably some who forget their manners and harrass the guests for photos and autographs like what happened at Eclispe.

Sorry if I sound like I'm having a go. I don't mean to. But I can't help the way I feel. Attending this con is a LOT of money and time and I'm now wondering if it's even going to be worth it.

Edited by Princess83