Posting Tickets

Jola

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine yesterday. :YAHOO:

i'm G56... seems quite high to me.

my letter was soaking wetbwhen the postie delivered it so it dried out on the radiator and now its somewhere afe with its riends - my bs tickets

SQUEE!

Are you a gold ticket holder? I am and mine was G72 or... 73...

:YAHOO: Wet ticket! QUICK! TO THE RADIATOR!

;)

I got the letters with the registration numbers in the mail. I'm stunned, for two reasons:

1. I've never had anything from the UK arrive in less time than a week; this was 48 hours!

2. edited and deleted because apparently the matter I posted here about all makes sense to my friends, even though it makes no sense at all to me. *grin*

Edited by Dallista

I can't believe it!!! I got mine today too...

:wub::blink:

And this time it came straight to my door... Unlike those photo-op tickets for C13 that did that lil'detour to Florida...

Now all I've got to do is to confess to my bf that I'm coming to the Hub

-mts.tyra-

Have any more been posted out yet?

Nope as I'm still awaiting further supplies of stamps :wub:

I always post when I do post the tickets though. Hopefully, more will be posted by the weekend, if not early part of next week :blink:

I honestly do hate to sound like a moaning minnie here, but could someone please let us know how many gold tickets were actually sold? It seems to be 150 but only 100 was stated on the site and that is what I expected when I bought my ticket. Whilst an extra 50 may not seem that much, given the small space and limited time available for the cocktail party, that extra 50 could have quite a considerable impact! The same goes for queues for photoshoots (although if the schedule remains more or less the same, that won't have any impact on missing any talks so is less than negligible (for me)). Also that could mean an extra row being made available for gold ticket holders and that puts you potentially even further back from the stage! I had gold for Eclipse and found that the dreadful lighting and low, low stage meant I could i) see very little and ii) could not take any decent photos even from the second row one or two seats in from the aisle chair with a 300mm zoom lens.

Having easy access to all of the above is one of the reasons I splurged out the extra to get a gold ticket but I will be a little ticked off if an extra 50 tickets have been sold as I think that was i) false advertising with no apology or statement being given and ii) a little rude that we were not told in advance that numbers had changed. If more were sold they have known for ages now and nothing has been imparted to us. Even with 100 bods at the gold coktail party at Eclipse, I still did not get to meet a SINGLE guest, which was extremely disappointing to say the least. I know things have changed since then, with assistants being available to encourage them to mingle but a third extra attendees at this is not inconsiderable...

A little information, even to say sorry we made a boo-boo, would go a long way to i) reassure us and ii) let us know what we can expect. I think that should have been done straight away.

Personally speaking, Showmasters/Massive Events are on trial here with me for The Hub given the problems encountered at Eclipse and I'm hoping that this weekend will redeem them in my eyes or at least show the potential for it being as good, if not better, than other weekend conventions I attend! If they've oversold by 50 without telling us, that does NOT bode well and certainly doesn't leave me filled with confidence :P

Hopefully I'm just confused and an easy and simple explanation is on its way :D Thanks in advance for any extra information posted! :D

Edited by thefreckles

• Showmasters Admin

hi "thefreckles"

i am going to answer in coloured text as it makes it easy for me

I honestly do hate to sound like a moaning minnie here, but could someone please let us know how many gold tickets were actually sold? It seems to be 150 but only 100 was stated on the site and that is what I expected when I bought my ticket.yes after we ran Eclipse we sore that the room was not quite big enough so we planed to move this function to a larger room this meant we could open up the gold passes to 50 more people and as there are going to be nearly double the guests and as we had no problems with every one getting the autos and photo ops so we feel there will be no problems with offering up the extra gold passes Whilst an extra 50 may not seem that much, given the small space and limited time available for the cocktail party, that extra 50 could have quite a considerable impact! as you see we have work this out and know it will work fine for every one The same goes for queues for photoshoots (although if the schedule remains more or less the same, that won't have any impact on missing any talks so is less than negligible (for me)). Also that could mean an extra row being made available for gold ticket holders and that puts you potentially even further back from the stage!the gold pass people sit very close to the stage and i do not think one more row will make much of a diference I had gold for Eclipse and found that the dreadful lighting and low, lighting has been fixed low stage meant I could i) see very little and ii) could not take any decent photos even from the second row one or two seats in from the aisle chair with a 300mm zoom lens.well the stage is going to be raised so all those issues you had have been fixed

Having easy access to all of the above is one of the reasons I splurged out the extra to get a gold ticket but I will be a little ticked off if an extra 50 tickets have been sold as I think that was i) false advertising with no apology or statement being given and ii) a little rude that we were not told in advance that numbers had changed. If more were sold they have known for ages now and nothing has been imparted to us. Even with 100 bods at the gold coktail party at Eclipse, I still did not get to meet a SINGLE guest, well i do know know why this happened and we now take the guests around to each group so as all the people get to meet the guests and as there are far more guests going to the event so all these issues should be covered which was extremely disappointing to say the least. I know things have changed since then, with assistants being available to encourage them to mingle but a third extra attendees at this is not inconsiderable...

A little information, even to say sorry we made a boo-boo, would go a long way to i) reassure us and ii) let us know what we can expect. I think that should have been done straight away.well we do get busy with lots of events and some things slip though the net this is one of them so sorry but i do not think it will damage your experience

Personally speaking, Showmasters/Massive Events are on trial here with me for The Hub i can see that, if you have any issues on the day then why not talk to someone at the event so we can fix it but if you leave it till after the event we cannot fix it so do come up and say if you have any issues, but i think it will run very smooth on the day given the problems encountered at Eclipse and I'm hoping that this weekend will redeem them in my eyes or at least show the potential for it being as good, if not better, than other weekend conventions I attend! well i do think you are being a little harsh on us it was our 1st event and 99% of the people did have a great time at the event If they've oversold by 50 without telling us, that does NOT bode well and certainly doesn't leave me filled with confidence unsure.gif well i do think you are going into this looking for issues before the event has happened all i can do is tell you what i have and you can give us a go, but if you are still not happy then in this case i can offer you a refund as we now have around 100 people that want a gold pass so its up to you, i only offer this now for the next 3 days so do let us know it you want to take us up on this offer

Hopefully I'm just confused and an easy and simple explanation is on its way biggrin.gif Thanks in advance for any extra information posted! biggrin.gif well there is your explanation and i hope it helps and it answers what you want to know

i hope to see you there

jason :P

I think Jason you have explained everything really well in your post. Having read the previous persons negative post I was begining to worry about what sort of experience us standard ticket holders would have because the person complaining about the possibility of not having a good view has a gold ticket.

i dont want to be really negative here but gold tickets were sold as ltd to 100 people and it still says on the website that its limtied to 100 it might not make a lot of differance to some people but i payed a lot of money on this ticket and part of the reason was prioity seating and the party 50 extra people actually makes a big differance especially as the drinks reception is quite short i may be being dumb but i cant even find a post telling us that you put 50 more tickets on sale

you cant sell somethign as "exclusive" and advistise it as such and then sell more i am not saying if i knew it was 150 i wouldnt of brought but you should of changed the website

hi "thefreckles"

i am going to answer in coloured text as it makes it easy for me

Also that could mean an extra row being made available for gold ticket holders and that puts you potentially even further back from the stage!the gold pass people sit very close to the stage and i do not think one more row will make much of a diference I had gold for Eclipse and found that the dreadful lighting and low, lighting has been fixed low stage meant I could i) see very little and ii) could not take any decent photos even from the second row one or two seats in from the aisle chair with a 300mm zoom lens.well the stage is going to be raised so all those issues you had have been fixed

jason :YAHOO: [/color]

I confess I am a little disappointed that an extra 50 gold passes have been sold, although from my point of view as I have no expectation of getting near the guests etc at the cocktail party and so forth anyway and am assuming photo queues, autos and stuff will be done to some extent in number order anyway I'm not too fussed about those things personally (allthough I sympathise with those who are) as that was not why I bought a gold pass.

My sole reason for a gold pass was to ensure decent seats without having to fight for the front rows. I take on board what you say Jason but actually, I sat in the third row at the much smaller Aftermath for most of the talks and frankly for the bigger panels found it very difficult to see past heads let alone take decent photos. I imagine based on the layout for that event we are talking the first 7 or 8 rows for gold pass holders..and frankly I will be unhappy to be in the 8th row ( I had reconciled myself that the worst case scenario would be 5 back..not great but acceptable as that was my expectation when I bought the ticket). Will you seat people in number order i.e. first row for 1 to 25 or whatever, second row for 20 to 50 or are all 150 going to have to fight for the first rows - which seems a bit unfair on the very early purchasers (of which I am not one I hasten to add). I know it sounds petty but the seating for some talks (John's) is going to be a big issue I think.

Given what you say about the higher stage I am assuming you mean higher than it was for Aftermath as that will undoubtedly help somewhat?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by catfish

Okay... I know I'm moody and all...

But I get the feeling that you guys think that I'm not entitled to come to the Hub, as my ticket is the 147th.

If this is the atmosphere here, than maybe I should just stay home... no matter that the Gold ticket AND the flights are non-refunfable...

It's not like £500 is a large sum of money to a University student, or anything. (note the sarcasm!)

-mts.tyra- the one who got up on the wrong side of the bed today

Okay... I know I'm moody and all...

But I get the feeling that you guys think that I'm not entitled to come to the Hub, as my ticket is the 147th.

If this is the atmosphere here, than maybe I should just stay home... no matter that the Gold ticket AND the flights are non-refunfable...

It's not like £500 is a large sum of money to a University student, or anything. (note the sarcasm!)

-mts.tyra- the one who got up on the wrong side of the bed today

Nobody is commenting on the people who bought the tickets. If they were for sale you were entitled to buy them but by the same account people who bought on a particular basis (ie 100) are entitled to express their concerns that this has changed by the back door.

I feel you are taking a conversation directed towards the organisers a little too personally.

Edited by catfish

Nobody is commenting on the people who bought the tickets. If they were for sale you were entitled to buy them but by the same account people who bought on a particular basis (ie 100) are entitled to express their concerns that this has changed by the back door.

I feel you are taking a conversation directed towards the organisers a little too personally.

Maybe I am reading the wrong things from between the lines, but I still get the feeling that you are looking down on the people who got the "extra 50" tickets.

I probably am thinking about this in a bit too personal level, but then again: If I'll be sneered at during the Hub, I am entitled to take it personally!!

-mts.tyra- the one who's been called useless waste of space way too many times

Maybe I am reading the wrong things from between the lines, but I still get the feeling that you are looking down on the people who got the "extra 50" tickets.

I probably am thinking about this in a bit too personal level, but then again: If I'll be sneered at during the Hub, I am entitled to take it personally!!

-mts.tyra- the one who's been called useless waste of space way too many times

Not in the slightest bit interested in who has the extra 50 to be honest..or the first 50...or whatever. It's completely irrelevant to this discussion..which was seeking clarity from the organisers as I said. I'm sorry you feel so sensitive about the debate but I really can't see why you think it actually has anything do do with what number ticket any individual holds rather than being simply a discussion about the principle. In terms of my posts (which are the only ones on which I can comment) there is no *between the lines* believe me. What I stated explicitly is what I meant. I'm afraid, not wishing to be rude, that I think you are being a little paranoid..why is anyone going to sneer at you at the Hub? I can't imagine why you would think that based on a couple of queries about extra tickets to the organisers.

Personally I'm really happy that Showmasters made 50 extra tickets available, as my friends and me would then be going as Silver holders, which I don't think would have been worth it given the cost of travel and accommodation. It's also really good to hear that the guests will be taken around and introduced to us during the cocktail reception! I was worried that we would have to approach them ourselves in some way - I had images of them all at their own special table, laughing it up while we all sat in the shadows, staring in wonder. :blush: I'm also not too bothered where I sit during the talks. Even if it's row ten it's still very lucky seating.

And don't sweat it, Tyra - my friends and me are in the 20s/30s of the extra 50, and we're in no way apologetic for taking up space! :P

And don't sweat it, Tyra - my friends and me are in the 20s/30s of the extra 50, and we're in no way apologetic for taking up space! :blush:

Nobody cares what number ticket anyone has, it's irrelevant. Totally not the question...and definitely no reason you shouldn't feel pleased you have managed to get one. SM released them, you are entitled to them and quite right you should not apologise for having them.

Slightly disappointed that the gold tickets have been extended to 150 people rather than 100. Not concerned about the photographs and autographs as I know I'll get those but I think the cocktail party will need to be quite well organised with 150 in attendance with each guest liason taking each guest around each group for no more than 5 minutes or they'll be lots of complaints about some people seeing multiple guests and others seeing nobody. As long as everyone gets a minute or two with each actor they'll be happy but you will need to have guest liasions who aren't afraid to move the actors on or people will get terribly upset.

But I would agree that the seating is potentially a major issue. I was at Eclipse and whilst I did enjoy the event immensely I would agree that the lighting and the staging were dire. Unless the stage is significantly raised anyone much past the 5th or 6th row is going to struggle to see and the standard ticket holders will need to look at the screen. I would also agree that in order to avoid people queuing outside the hall and making a major nuisance of themselves when you are trying to set up to alleviate problems you should probably allocate the gold and silver seats in number order (ie row 1 Gold 1-25 - row 2 25-20 etc). That way there is no room for argument as to who is sitting where and there is no need for anybody to queue as they are guaranteed a seat in a particular row in the order that they booked in.

I definately understand where everyone is coming from I too would be a bit put out if I had bought a gold ticket on the understanding that only 100 were being sold. Perhaps with all the fuss that it is generating perhaps only one price ticket should be sold at these events rather than a 3 tier system and sit people on ticket numbers. Like I said in a previous post I bought standard tickets I'd love to have bought a gold or silver but couldn't afford it so this means missing out on the benefits that the gold and silver tickets have and moaning about an extra 50 meaning that you may not get near the guests at the party or near the front in the talks to me well lets just say I'd be made up to even be at the party and be prioritised seating at the talks. And also people say it cost so much or I couldn't really afford it, well no one made people buy these tickets. To have such neagativity before the event really does take the shine off it a bit. But I refuse to let this happen lets enjoy what will be a brilliant weekend whether you have a gold, silver or standard ticket. I know of fans of the show that would love to attend something like this but can't, so I feel lucky that I can. :blush: