Posting Tickets

Jola

can someone show me who is getting the bad deal out of any of this ? :D

sorry i cannot see any one being at a disadvantage in us putting up 50 more gold passes

1 all the fans get to meet more guests as we have more income to spend on

guests

2 the drinks reception is held in a bigger room with more guests going this

works better for every one

3 more people get the better value the gold pass gives with the photo ops

4 it effects none of the other tickets holders in any way apart from they

get to see more guests which is a good thing

5 any one with a ticket number over 100 would not get to go to the drinks party or get the deal on the photo

ops so 50 more people get to be more involved and enjoy some of the extra stuff

as to the info on the site, yes we could have changed the info on the site, but as the tickets sold out very fast we did not think to change it, in fact the between the time we got to 100 sold and selling out all we had time for was to let people know they had sold out,

as i keep saying if you think this is such a big thing and it is going to ruin your weekend we do not want you to be unhappy so just email us and we will refund you

i did not think this would have been such a big issue for some of you, all i can say is in future to stop this being made into an issue again, we will make it clear that we can change the amounts of tickets sold if it helps the event

one last thing we could have ran this event in a much bigger hotel but we wanted to run events were its 1000 or under as we know we can look after this amount of people in a nice way, so we think of you all already so people should have more faith in us

well i hope you all can see were i am coming from, we are sincere, we do not do things to upset people or rip them off, we just want to run good events and if you look at our recored so fare all the Convention we have run have been that :blink:

i hope this clears this up and i can get back to running the event

jason :D

For me, the only problem was that nothing was said up-front. Everything else is, and was, fine.

Truly, the issue here is a matter of perception, I think. You're right at the center of things, and the people buying the tickets are not. Since you've addressed the problem of not having stated anything up-front, I think that you've set yourself up to do the right thing in the future, and have set my mind at considerably greater ease. Your offer of refunds is generous, but I, for one, never entertained the thought of taking advantage of it (even if you do have loads of people lined up to take them any newly-available tickets off your hands :D )

I look forward very much to attending this event. It sounds as though it's going to be great fun. And thank you for running an event with under 1,000 people. I'm coming from America, where I specifically avoided two enormous and world-famous conventions because of their vast size. It must be a risky thing for you to undertake, but I'm willing to help foot the bill as best I can through luxurious ticket purchases, souvenirs and possibly photo-ops (even though I'm horrifically camera-shy :P ). :lol:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason - at the end of the day it boils down to this.

People paid money for a Golden Ticket under the impression they would be 1 out of just 100 hundred who would experience the gold pass.

It has now been revealed that this is not the case. With the 50 extra gold passes being sold, the experience for the original 100 buyers is now going to be different from what they were promised when they bought their gold passes. Yes, we might get to meet more guests as the drinks reception...but we're going to have to be sharing that reception with 50 people who we thought wouldn't be there. That's not what we paid for - we paid to attend the drinks reception with 99 other attendees, NOT 149. It does make a massive difference, imho.

It don't think people believe they will get a bad "bad deal" so much - it's about people being upset over the circumstances being changed AFTER people had handed over a huge amount of money and those people are now having to share the experience with 50 whole others who we did not know would be there when we made our purchases.

I'm not about to start demanding a refund (though I do think it's exception good of you to offer - and I do thank you for your replies here trying to sort this out, commuincation means a lot), but I do feel like what I paid for and what it's been revealed I will get have now become two different things. Considering how much the gold passes cost, I wish there was a bit more appreciation for why some customers are a little peeved.

Edited by Princess83

It has now been revealed that this is not the case. With the 50 extra gold passes being sold, the experience for the original 100 buyers is now going to be different from what they were promised when they bought their gold passes. Yes, we might get to meet more guests as the drinks reception...but we're going to have to be sharing that reception with 50 people who we thought wouldn't be there. That's not what we paid for - we paid to attend the drinks reception with 99 other attendees, NOT 149. It does make a massive difference, imho.

With regards to the drinks reception, your original understanding (if I remember correctly) was that 100 of you would get 60 minutes with the guests, which works out at 0.6 minutes each. Arguably if the 150 of you got 90 minutes, it would be the same ratio.

The only other "issue" would then seem to me to be the seating. Given that it's being done in ticket number order, the only people with the possibility of issues would seem to be those people who bought gold ticket nos 101-150. They will now be sitting one or two rows further back than they thought. I guess that their options are

* accept it as still being pretty good seating bearing in mind that they would have been too late to get a gold pass anyway, so they were never going to be in the front four rows anyway

* take up Jason's offer of a refund and not come anyway

* take up Jason's offer of a refund and decide that if they can't be in the first four rows they would rather sit further back but pay less (and give up the drinks reception etc) and buy a silver or standard ticket instead

Other than that, I don't see any of the gold ticket holders has anything else to moan about. I can see both sides of the coin; I can see the potential benefit to the event of having additional gold tickets to increase the funding available for guests, but I can also see the disappointment of the gold ticket holders at the apparent "dilution" of their benefits, but IMHO their outrage has been rather excessive (albeit that has been confined to a relatively small number). I don't think that SM/ME have acted in bad faith - I'm sure they were doing what they thought was best for the event and the attendees, they just didn't appreciate the uproar it would cause. I think it's a genuine and forgiveable mistake on their part (especially given their generous offer of a refund) and in no way deliberate sharp practice. They've unfortunately just come down on the wrong side of the fine line between selling the event with a load of razzamatazz, and managing people's expectations (similarly with the guest numbers). It's unfortunate rather than evil, IMHO.

Please, please PLEASE don't brush this off as people "moaning". Not with so much money invovled.

I'm alright with things now after sleeping on it, as Jason has explained, but I was just attempting to get the point across as to why some people might be so displeased. I'm not sure if many understand just how much money and what sacrifices some make to attend showmasters events.

Either way, this is my last post on the subject because I can see that it's just going to go around in circles, and I think Jason's explained as best he can. I don't really "blame" anyone but I do think getting opinions across is important and should not be discouraged.

Edited by Princess83

and as to the seats there is around 25 chairs in a row

so people with ticket 1 to 25 will be in row 1 and so on 126 to 150 will be in row 6 and the rows will be staggered so it helps wit seeing the stage and with the stage being higher all will be fine for every one including the people at the back so please let stop all this negativity we have thought it through

jason

Thanks Jason, for the clear explanation about the seating.

:huh:

Gr.

Babs

• Showmasters Admin

catfish asked wether or not I am paranoid... well, I might... but then again, as people have expressed their disappointment about the extra 50...

Why I reacted as I did? I've seen thise kinds of reactions in different fandoms, and it's always the same:

The priviledged "gold/platinum/whatever" people are extremely jelaous of their tickets, and want to keep their "club" as exclusive as they can.

Whenever there're some extra tickets being made available in their category, the result is always an uproar...

and the one's suffering the most are the people who got the "extra" tickets.

Maybe I should just stick to the May Collectormanias... that way I won't be such an annoyance to all the people around (and especially sitting behind) me.

-mts.tyra- the one still contemplating wether or not to come

ps. I understand the concerns about seating and the coctail party, but then again...

Jason said that most of the things that were not-so-good at Eclipse, have been fixed

MTS Tyra,

Please don't take any of this personally. Peoples conserns are about there being an extra 50 gold passes, not the people that bought them. They are not blaming you at all for buying one, you didn't know, so there really is no blame.

I'm sorry if it's has been the case at other events, but I honestly don't believe anyone will treat you any differently to any other attendee.

Stuart AKA Too Tall.

Ok any help here would be fantastic....i have ticket but on the back it states that you need to bring your confirmation email and some forms of i.d.....now i don't have any forms of i.d......i don't own a passport, i don't have a drivers license or a provisonal drivels license and i don't have any form of photographic i.d so please.....WHAT THE HECK COUNTS AS FORMS OF I.D!!!!!! Not that i'm getting stressed or anything.....alos i'm blind in one eye so what happens seating wise as being miles at the back is going to spoil the whole event for someone like me...what's the provision for disabled guests.

As I believe had already been said, anything official with your name on will be fine. It's just so we can check you are who you say you are.

As for a blindness issue. Please let the registration desk know when you arrive. You'll likely be pointed in my direction. I will then discuss with you what it is you need and we'll sort out what's possible and what's best for you. We don't have any specific or set provisions for disabled attendees as I prefer to help on a person by person basis so we sort out the best solution for you.

Stuart.

and as to the seats there is around 25 chairs in a row

so people with ticket 1 to 25 will be in row 1 and so on 126 to 150 will be in row 6 and the rows will be staggered so it helps wit seeing the stage and with the stage being higher all will be fine for every one including the people at the back so please let stop all this negativity we have thought it through

jason

:huh:

Gr.

Babs

We used a similar system of staggering the entry of attendees into the main hall at Eclipse and it worked fine.

Please, please PLEASE don't brush this off as people "moaning". Not with so much money invovled.

I'm alright with things now after sleeping on it, as Jason has explained, but I was just attempting to get the point across as to why some people might be so displeased. I'm not sure if many understand just how much money and what sacrifices some make to attend showmasters events.

Either way, this is my last post on the subject because I can see that it's just going to go around in circles, and I think Jason's explained as best he can. I don't really "blame" anyone but I do think getting opinions across is important and should not be discouraged.

I don't think anyone is brushing it off as "moaning". Certainly none of the organisation team are. Any concerns raised are being looked at and as you've seen from Jason's posts, most have either been sorted or will be sort by this event.

I understand why you felt you needed to post your explainations and your worries. It's hard when you don't have all the information. I'm glad you're now feeling better about them after Jason's posts.

Stuart.

jason

:D

Gr.

Babs

We used a similar system of staggering the entry of attendees into the main hall at Eclipse and it worked fine.

It sounds good to me. No endless queuing and 6 rows with you never being more then 12 people from the center of the stage. For me that is fine. :huh:

Babs

I was angry about the 50 extra tickets, but realized after reading what Jason said, it just makes sence.

I am numbers G91/G92, I am not bothered about this at all now, I think we should all be happy. Ok, they couldve let us know, thats all I have to say, but at the end of the day, if it can get more gesets, then I see no problem, in it at all!

Guys, if any of you remember being in school, you'll realise 50 people makes absolutely NO difference.

Well that depends on what you are discussing actually and 50 on top of what original number. 50 people can make a huge amount of difference in some circumstances so please stop trivialising people's concerns, it doesn't help anyone. It may make no difference to you but it makes a difference to some people and their reasons are no less valid just because you disagree.

As far as I am concerned personally Jason has answered my points and I am content.

Edited by catfish

OMG I go away for a weeks holiday and come back to this hullabaloo about nothing.

An extra 50 gold tickets is surely going to benefit everyone if it meant good guests.

I think Jason has explained it all and hope everyone feels better now

Edited by scruffy

Changing the subject slightly here!! i brought a silver ticket for my daughters 12th birthday,myself and my younger daughter got standard tickets will we be able to sit together at talks? My eldest has got special needs and is very timid also not keen on crowds (but trying to get her over this one! lol) not sure if she will want to sit on her own. well with people she doesn't know!

Edited by loopylola

Guys, if any of you remember being in school, you'll realise 50 people makes absolutely NO difference.

I remember being in school a hell of alot, and 50 extra people does make a difference.

But like I posted earlier on, I am not bothered about it now, after it was explained to me!!

Heh, you must have gone to a pretty small school.

Look at it this way - the talks have been extended by a mere TWO rows, and the way the cocktail reception has been organised with ushers and equal timing and such, everyone will get a decent amount of time in which to talk to the guests!

• Showmasters Admin

Changing the subject slightly here!! i brought a silver ticket for my daughters 12th birthday,myself and my younger daughter got standard tickets will we be able to sit together at talks? My eldest has got special needs and is very timid also not keen on crowds (but trying to get her over this one! lol) not sure if she will want to sit on her own. well with people she doesn't know!

The simple answer is yes you will be able to sit together. Although I believe that Silver ticket holders will be call in before standard ticket they do not HAVE to go in then. Your daughter with the Silver ticket can wait and come in with you and your younger daughter.

When you get to the event ask to speak to me. I'll be there from around 5pm on the Friday and all weekend. We can discuss this further and if there's anything we can do to help we will.

Stuart.

Cheers for sending out the tickets. Not had mine yet but then I'll have to get my mum to forward them to my uni address so it doesn't make any difference.

Not fussed about the extra tickets cos I've been to other cons before and had trouble seeing anything anyway. It's the atmosphere that counts with these things.

• Showmasters Admin

I remember being in school a hell of alot, and 50 extra people does make a difference.

But like I posted earlier on, I am not bothered about it now, after it was explained to me!!

Look at it this way - the talks have been extended by a mere TWO rows, and the way the cocktail reception has been organised with ushers and equal timing and such, everyone will get a decent amount of time in which to talk to the guests!

Amy I feel you're going over old ground for no reason here and in the process upsetting people, please stop.

People HAD issues and quite rightly voiced them here. Since then Jason has answered them and the people that raised the conserns mostly appear to be happy with the answers. Most have said so themselves.

You are now (after the conserns have been answered) saying that there was nothing to worry about. Well that's easy to say now that everyone has the facts. When they posted their conserns they didn't have those facts and so it was quite reasonable for them to ask the questions they did. As Jason said some people did seem to be over-reacting slightly, but I don't think there's one of us that can say we've never over-reacted when we've not had all the fact, so I think we can forgive people for that.

Lets please let this go.

Hear, hear! Especially to your last sentence. Trying to get a point across =/= attacking or moaning, even if there are some who add those factors. FWIW, I thought you stated your point very well. :D

Amy I feel you're going over old ground for no reason here and in the process upsetting people, please stop.

People HAD issues and quite rightly voiced them here. Since then Jason has answered them and the people that raised the conserns mostly appear to be happy with the answers. Most have said so themselves.

You are now (after the conserns have been answered) saying that there was nothing to worry about. Well that's easy to say now that everyone has the facts. When they posted their conserns they didn't have those facts and so it was quite reasonable for them to ask the questions they did. As Jason said some people did seem to be over-reacting slightly, but I don't think there's one of us that can say we've never over-reacted when we've not had all the fact, so I think we can forgive people for that.

Lets please let this go.

Just wanted to thank Jason and Too Tall for keeping communications open. It really does take a big weight off the mind knowing there are people around who will try and answer any questions as best they can. Thank you guys. :)

Can I bring a box to put on my chair so I can see? :D

And am I allowed to ask to move seats if I'm stuck behind a really tall person (no one under 6' 3" has ever sat in front of me, and once I had a dude that was 6' 7" in front of me...)? If an average-height person sits in front of me I'll be able to see a bit and can lean round if they stay still, but a tall person means seeing nothing but their hair for the duration of the thing.

• Showmasters Admin

Can I bring a box to put on my chair so I can see? :D

You could go for a cushion :P

My wife it's exactly short at 5'6" but she sometimes folds our jackets up and sits on them when we go to the theatre. It gives her an extra 2 inches or so which she finds useful.

Hmm... it's just with all my height being in my legs, I've got even less sitting-height than a normal person my height. Still, I'll have a look and see if I have a cushion, but if the person in front is ridiculously tall then I'm going to sit on the floor in the aisle, no matter what health and safety says about it - I'd rather sit on the hard floor than not see :D

DavidB - a taller person could do what I do when an average person is in front of me. Then we'd all look mental with our heads practically on sideways... :P

Lets please let this go.

My post wasn't intended to cause more disagreement. Despite some people having come to terms with these added arrangements, some people were still upset, and I was genuinely trying to lighten things by making the point that two extra rows will not change anyone's experience. And I don't think my comment about people getting their chance to talk at the cocktail reception was all that aggravating. Your lecture was way OTT, and by commenting on my post you've also helped me go over that 'old ground'. Nice one. :D