Grange Hill Reunion?

barni

Would anyone be interested in a Grange Hill Reunion if we got the cream of crop to attend?

I am in regular contact with many members of the cast from series 1 to the final episode including favourites like Lee MacDonald ( Zammo), Erkan Mustafa (Roland) and George Wilson (Ziggy). If there is enough interest this could be a cool event either as part of an exisiting event or as a Grange Hill Reunion event of it's own.

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated. Let's drum up some support.

Edited by Barni

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are in regular contact, you will know his name is George Christopher :YAHOO: ........

yes you are quite correct Dufresne it was George Christopher but his real name is George Wilson.

Edited by Barni

Absolutely! :YAHOO:

Were you on GH Online/GH Blackboard, by any chance? I've spoken to George a few times online, got his facebook still I think.

I'd like to put in a vote for the reeeally early ones too, and for more of the era you're on about. :YAHOO:

(and if anyone finds Julian Griffths (Denny) I may propose to them)

What an excellent idea and it would be nice because this was going to be their 30th anniversary before the programme was axed earlier this year, if you can get Tucker Jenkins aka Todd Carty I can imagine he would be popular, well it gets my vote.

JLC ? Is that you ? :thumbup:

Lol I just caught on.

yep I'm up for this........please get Alison Birtles (?) - Fay Lucas and Zammo, Roland, Benny, Alan, Mr Baxter etc. Oh and Mrs McClusky.

And whilst you're at it can you get the BBC to release some more series boxsets!!

Alison Bettles who played Fay Lucas is one of my contacts too as is Erkan (Roland) so those a real possibility. Maybe Lee can pull a few strings to attract some of the original cast. It would be good to do an event like this to coincide with the end of Grange Hill.

Should I drop Jason an email about this? That may be more appropriate, I just wanted to put out some feelers on the forum first to find out of there wqopuld be an interest. Grange Hill may not be sci fi but it does have a cult following. If such an event were to be highlighted on that Grange Hill webiste I reckon it would attract a few hundred fans.

Edited by Barni

JLC ? Is that you ? :YAHOO:

Lol I just caught on.

yep I'm up for this........please get Alison Birtles (?) - Fay Lucas and Zammo, Roland, Benny, Alan, Mr Baxter etc. Oh and Mrs McClusky.

And whilst you're at it can you get the BBC to release some more series boxsets!!

Alison Bettles who played Fay Lucas is one of my contacts too as is Erkan (Roland) so those a real possibility. Maybe Lee can pull a few strings to attract some of the original cast. It would be good to do an event like this to coincide with the end of Grange Hill.

Should I drop Jason an email about this? That may be more appropriate, I just wanted to put out some feelers on the forum first to find out of there wqopuld be an interest. Grange Hill may not be sci fi but it does have a cult following. If such an event were to be highlighted on that Grange Hill webiste I reckon it would attract a few hundred fans.

Nah let's just organise our own GH event!! :thumbup:

It would be interesting to see Jason's response to this as I think they'd work really well at CM and I would imagine they would be resonably priced for personal appearances much like the Bill guests or the allo allo guests they've had previously. I guess the stumbling block for some of the cast might be having to charge for autographs as I believe that most of them left their showbiz lives behind.

JLC ? Is that you ? :thumbup:

Lol I just caught on.

could you get john alford?

I'd suggest emailing Jason. SM often go through the threads, but are quite busy at the moment so that maybe a good idea. Or Jason is always walking around shows and wants to chat to peoole so look for him at the next event you go too. :YAHOO:

• Moderators

Yeah, I'd definitely email Showmasters first, rather than suggesting you can get certain people and having others get interested etc. It's really something that needs to be run through the organisers obviously :smile:

It's great if you have the contacts and something could be sorted out - if the organisers are interested - but let's not take it too far on here.

I'd be interested in this :smile: especially if there were guests from Tucker's era (including Bullet Baxter lol) and from Zammo's era.

Any chance of getting John Holmes (Gonch Gardner)?

I haven't watched the show for years but I'm getting quite sentimental over it now that it's been axed...:(

Edited by rainbowsparkle

If Showmasters got Mark Savage (Gripper) I might actually die :chair:

I've got the LP of the album up at my dad's, could get it posted down. Randomly it's in perfect condition, even the sleeve. Did they re-release the LP before 2005 (when I got it)?

Also, I'll put in a vote for Scruffy McGuffy. :P

• 5 weeks later...

My best mate is Gary Mullen who won Stars In Their Eyes as Freddie Mercury in 2000. He now tours the world with his One Night Of Queen show. I invited Lee MacDonald (Zammo from Grange Hill) and his wife along to the show in Dorking on Friday. Here's a couple of backstage pics for those who are interested.

Lisa Me and Lee

DSCF0226.jpg

Lisa Gary and Lee

DSCF0225.jpg

Lisa (wearing Gary's stage jacket) and Lee

n623910846_948290_2216.jpg

Edited by Barni