did the DOC match up to your expectations?

dijon1322

so youve met christopher lloyd tell us about your experience

Well, for me it was a quick hi, sign, thank you hand shake and goodbye. He at least made eye contact and came across as being happy and pleasent.

Edited by Dinobore

He was great. Better than i had imagined. I met him at the photo shoot and he shook my hand, said hello and asked how i was. Then after the picture he looked back to me and told me to take care and have a nice day. He is THE BEST!

He seemed nice, but shy I thought. I spoke to the lady who was sitting with him (Sarah I think it was) and she said he was nervous and imho it showed. But he was polite, said hello, handshake, personalised (while he could - apparently they stopped this when things got busier)...can't ask for more. I got quite star struck anyway so I didn't exactly make dazzling conversation!

as everyone else has said.. A quick hello & handshake, a bit chattier in the photoshoot. Thought he came across as a quiet, dignified and polite chap. He did seem happy to be there meeting people though.

I was very happy with the experience :)

so youve met christopher lloyd tell us about your experience

did anyone get any dedications?

I sincerely doubt it - there just wasn't time. He did however pose for photos with some people, even though there was a sign saying "No photos or video".

the first 1-100 he took till 2.30ish doing and saw him personalisaing and posing for photos with ticket number in the 370's [even though i started queing at 8.45 with early bird] i was worried i wouldnt get to meet him as it was getting later and later , but then he had a no posed photos and no personalising up and the que started to move abit faster, my friend luckily saved the say and gave me her VT 140! as she was going sunday as well, so luckily i met him, but got quite fustrated at the amount of auto's most people were getting! alot of them were getting at least 5, 2-3 i can understand but 5? its quite selfish and i think when it was obvious some people were going to sell them or just getting them for the sake of it, i think when actors like CL are only on 100 by 2.30 then they should limit it to 3, or something im not saying everyone that got 5 does not have a reason to get them [for friends family etc] but i dont think its entirely fair, im just glad my friend was there as i think he only got through 500 or something by the end. i only had the money for 1 auto and was really pleased with the quality of his auto [not scribbled] he made sure every auto was perfect and even though he was busy he still smiled which was nice, its a shame that he wasnt personalising but with the amount of autos people were buying and the time it was taking in the begining, i dont blame him.

luckily i was only there for him even though i managed to get earlish VT'S for my friends who were traveling so came later in the day, i would deffo think about going earlier if someone like CL was there again.

it was a very good day, the stalls were good, although some items were outragously over priced! £6 for a sew on patch?, and also there was one stall that was selling pirate dvd's which kind of spoils the mood but i did manage to bag a few bargins on lost figures [not pirate dvd's]!

the talks were good [only went to claudias] but could barely hear her.

overall i really enjoyed myself, just im sure SM will think about today and learn from it.

just a few pointers if i was to improve on saturday :) but very nicely done anyway

Edited by nikstar1989

• Moderators

Oh he exceeded my expectations to be honest.

I'd heard he was a little shy or not exactly an extrovert etc, but he was thoroughly pleasant, polite, friendly, and seemed to be interested in meeting you which is always a fantastic feeling.

Sure, there was no huge conversation or anything, but considering the circumstances I think he was a fantastic guest and I was really impressed. Considering how excited I was to meet such a legend, I certainly wasn't disappointed.

I've been on crutches to a show before, and some guests just ignore them... but at this show, every single guest asked how I was and what I'd done... inc Chris which I thought was really nice... considering people here said he was moody meeting fans, I thought he was great- shook my hand, small convo etc. I know he prob won't, but if he came again, I'd deff see him :thumbup:

He was wonderful, I went up said hello and asked how he was. He said he was fine and asked how I was and I said busy.lol. He made the move to shake hands, which I thought was really nice, which surprised me cause I said Oh and O.K.lol.

I had bought 2 auto's and after he signed my BTTF trilogy set he pushed it towards me and I said thanks and stood there waiting for him to sign my 8x10 that the crew member attending to him pushed in front of me. He just stared at me and said something to low for me to hear, so I leaned forward and said sorry...what. And he said oh this is yours...he thought the 8x10 was my friends who was in line behind me, so I realized he thought I was some crazy lady who after getting her auto just stood there and wouldn't go away. :wub:

considering people here said he was moody meeting fans

Wow, really? I didn't find him moody at all, just possibly a little overwhelmed and pressured to keep the queue moving. He was still very polite though, very much a gentleman and looked like he would have spent more time with each person if he could have. In the beginning he was happily posing for photos at the desk but this was stopped by lunchtime.

Many people were expecting a "Shanter experience" but we all got at least a few words and a handshake, which I think was pleasantly surprising.

I though LLoyd was superb as he was under alot of pressure from the orgainsors to get through everyone, alot of people dont seem to have got ther photo dedicated so when he added OCT 25 1985 GREAT SCOTT to mine aswell as my name and a posed photo at the desk i must considor myself lucky.

I though LLoyd was superb as he was under alot of pressure from the orgainsors to get through everyone, alot of people dont seem to have got ther photo dedicated so when he added OCT 25 1985 GREAT SCOTT to mine aswell as my name and a posed photo at the desk i must considor myself lucky.

Yeah, you were very lucky. Can I ask when you saw him?

Yeah, you were very lucky. Can I ask when you saw him?

Saturday morning about 10.30 we had tickets 103 104 but the guy controlling the cue let us in when it was 1 -50

• Moderators

The queue management comes down to common sense. Most crew won't stick exactly to numbers, and if there is some space in the queue then a few people will be let in.

Yes, sometimes this results in some people being turned away for a while, and then others being told they can come in, but it just depends on how the queue is going. Even if your number is up, the queue might be going slow and there's no room.

Christopher Lloyd's queue being allowed to be as long as it was at points was rare.