I know you're under pressure but it's only just over 2 months

liremaer

I know you have lads to do with LFACC literally just around the corner and such but c14 is only around 2 months away, and there haven't been any new guest anouncments for ages, any chance of some soon showmasters, t'would be muchly apprieciated (scuse the spellin i'm caffine and banana deprived. lol).

Looking forward to the show though no matter what.

ta muchly

gem :YAHOO::P:blush:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Someone asked the same about Midlands, and I still personally think you're not gonna get much this side of LFACC unless there's anything new added to flyers that'll pop up at the event :blush:

I would imagine once LFACC's all done with, it'll be full throttle on the next few events.

Unfortunately, as with any event, it's simply a waiting game :YAHOO:

you know i love ya selbs but :blush: we need some lost guests PLEASE, seeing as lockdown is gonna be so far away, and with a long haitus ahead i need my fix

would be amazing to get henry ian cusick as he cancelled lockdown last year and i was looking forward to meeting him

anyway :YAHOO:

im not expecting anything before lfcc, but i am sooooooo excited about this event, i found c13 disapointing, but ive got a really good feeling about this event. I think we are gonna get to meet some AMAZING guests. :hathor:

i found c13 disapointing

OMG C13 is the best collectormania i have attended, and i have attended EVERY collectormania!

Oh i thought C11 was best. but thats the beauty of these events, u never know who ya gonna get.

I only met 3 ppl at C13, Tawny, James Marsters ..........hmm maybe i only met 2, altho thought i met 3.:smile:

• 4 weeks later...

Was just curious as to when some more guest announcements might be coming our way for C14 ?

Before anyone says it as a reply, I realize there's still plenty of time, and that negotiations may be holding things up a little. It just seems unusual with a big event in about 8 weeks time, that there's only 5 guests announced.

It's been ages , since we've had a

Do you want a big guest announcement thread

or a

Big guest announcement on X evening at 7pm thread !

Got to give the forum boards a regular test to make sure they can still handle several hundred members logging on !!! :YAHOO:

Edited by gebes

My guess is we'll probably get a load of guests announced in the week or two after CM Glasgow. SM are probably just concentraiting on updating that page more as it's the next one...that's how I'd do it anyhow, especially as there's so many shows. They've got to the point where they can probably only deal with one load so guests at a time. You wait, this time next month, if we don't have at least double or treble the guests I'll be surprized.

I think SM have to many shows on at the moment and struggling. I thank them for them as its a chance to meet some GREAT guests but we are so close to C14 and Glasgow and no new guests let alone BIG guests but i'm happy with the c14 ones :YAHOO:

I'm gonna be there either way so long as Adam Baldwin is going. But I agree, I would love to see some more guests announced soon, it's a bit worrying. It's my birthday that weekend and I'm really looking forward to making it the best Collectormania I've been to! Some more guests would REALLY help that along. :D

I'm not worried by the lack of announcements, it'd just be nice to attempt to plan a budget of some description, or to have time to locate any items I may decide I would like the guests to sign.

I seem to recall people being worried about the lack of guests for C13 as well, but it all seemed to kick off and build up in the last couple of month, so no need to worry yet. I'm sure it'll be as great as ever!

My guess is we'll probably get a load of guests announced in the week or two after CM Glasgow. SM are probably just concentraiting on updating that page more as it's the next one...that's how I'd do it anyhow, especially as there's so many shows. They've got to the point where they can probably only deal with one load so guests at a time. You wait, this time next month, if we don't have at least double or treble the guests I'll be surprized.

I hope that showmasters are trying to get guests now tho for c14. If they leave it till after glasgow surely any potential guests will have already made plans.

I seem to recall people being worried about the lack of guests for C13 as well, but it all seemed to kick off and build up in the last couple of month, so no need to worry yet. I'm sure it'll be as great as ever!

People were worried about the lack of guest announcements for C13, but then (in my opinion) it was the worst showmasters event for guests in sometime (since I have been attending them). There were very few guest and even less still that you would refer to as 'main' or 'important' guests. This is meant in no way as an offence to those guests who play a lesser role in films and shows as they can still be very good.

I think people do have some cause for concern, my partner and I have booked 2 nights in a hotel in MK, which I know is always a risk especially before many quests have been announced. However, we will go and enjoy the break if little more. Unfortunately after the 'limited' success of C13 and the way C14 is appearing to be headed. I don't think we would book the time of work or book hotels in future and I am sure we are not alone. This of course will have a knock on effect for the events as fewer people will be staying there and spending their money.

I think it is also important to put this in context, C14 is not the only show that seems to be lacking guests at the moment, and I appreciate there is still time for a lot of the events, but I would imagine that to get the 'really good' guests must take some planning and potentially months of notice which few of the shows have left.

I appreciate this comment may come off sounding very negative and I apolagies for that. Both my partner and I look forward to these events and the guests we may get to met. Unfortunately we are beginning to have some serious concerns regarding the viability of going to these events anymore as just to get to them cost a fair amount of money, that with fewer guests makes it seems less worth while. We are also concerned for the future of these events as there is a real feeling of showmasters having over stretched themselves (albeit in an attempt to create more variations and better shows as much for the patrons as for themselves).

However, I do live in some hope that perhaps the guest announcements are being saved until closer to the time in an attempt not to get people hopes up and trigue the usual 'conspiracy theories' that surround any cancellations. As others have commented on this and other threads we do need time to budget for guests, make travel and accommadation arrangments as well as time off from work. Plus lets face it we all enjoy the run up and the announcements almost as much as we enjoy meeting the guests, the anticipation goes a long way to making the whole experience.

Edited by Cultman

I just hope we get some better guests i have already booked the hotel and it is non refundable, i just wont be making that mistake again.

Announcements have been a bit late this time, no doubt about that. But there's 7 weeks to go. I'm sure quite a few guests will be announced between now and then.

My two pence

I would just like to mention LFCC which announced Christopher LLoyd just a couple of weeks before the events, C14 may be the same.

P.S. C13 was an excellent event and had some great guests like James Marsters, Nancy Allen & Bruce Boxleitner although they have been to conventions before which maybe the reason why some were dissappointed.