Chevron 7.2 Stargate & Stargate Atlantis convention

showmasters

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

Our crew may not look all that bright but they can read the words Gold, Silver and Standard ;)

I am interested why you feel this is needed, was there a problem at a show?

Possibly the times when there are a lot of people entering at once eg talks and drinks reception on the Friday evening, stewards have to look at a mass of torsos to read passes. Making them different colours would enable a quicker checking-time for stewards?

I have a request for Chevron 7.2. Could we have the drinks reception in a larger room please? I attended Chevron 7 drinks reception and felt overwhelmed by the number of people inside the small room, I wanted to open a window it got so stuffy in there but windows didn't open (probably for safety reasons). I get very very nervous when covention guests (aka actors) arrive and was no way I could stand inside room that small packed with so many people, I remained seated in a corner of the room to be able to beathe. I must have drunk five cups of water from the water cooler I had become so hot. :D

Obviously convention organisers can't do anything about my hyperventilating with nerves but they could make sure drinks reception held in a larger room. Number of people attending it must be a safety risk if packed into a small room? :thumbup: Evacuating in case of fire for instance.

The only problem I can think of when attending Chevron 7. Thanks for reading my concerns.

Also - quick question: where should I inform convention organisers I have a disability? Before convention I mean, somewhere on this forum or email someone? What documentation should I bring with me to the con to give to admin desk when registering?

It would help with the Friday resception but we have to check numbers on the way into the talks so different colours wouldn't make a lot of difference. But it's not a bad idea and could help, I just wanted to know if someone had seen a specific case where crew had missed something because of them being the same colour.

We are aware of the space issue. The reason for the move for the Hub. We'll look at this for Chevron 7.2 aswell.

I'll be at Chevron 7.2 and I usually look after anyone with disabilitlies. When you get to the event just ask to speak to me and we'll go through what's best for you and what we can do to help. If you have some form of proof that's great but we don't get hung up on such things.

Stuart.

They said the drinks reception would be moved for The Hub, so hopefully it will be moved for Chevron 7.2 as well. I so know how you felt - we gave up in the end before we had met Gary because we all three weren't comfortable anymore.

Regarding disabilities, you best e-mail Massive Events directly at info@showmastersonline.com or call them at 01234 752485. They'll let you know exactly what to do and what to bring.

Being pedantic, given it's in a different hotel it will definately be a different room!

I agree though, that room was far too small to move guests around so hopefully in the Bedford one we will have some more space.

i will slap him if anyone would like me to, or, i can point him out to you at 7.2 so you can do it yourselves :thumbup:

They said the drinks reception would be moved for The Hub, so hopefully it will be moved for Chevron 7.2 as well. I so know how you felt - we gave up in the end before we had met Gary because we all three weren't comfortable anymore.

Regarding disabilities, you best e-mail Massive Events directly at info@showmastersonline.com or call them at 01234 752485. They'll let you know exactly what to do and what to bring.

What is a Hub?

I think I had the better idea remaining seated in corner next to water cooler, I needed that water :angel:

I'll email, thanks for the info for that!

We are aware of the space issue. The reason for the move for the Hub. We'll look at this for Chevron 7.2 aswell.

I'll be at Chevron 7.2 and I usually look after anyone with disabilitlies. When you get to the event just ask to speak to me and we'll go through what's best for you and what we can do to help. If you have some form of proof that's great but we don't get hung up on such things.

Stuart.

Thanks for the quick response :thumbup:

I can ask at the table when registering? That would make sense. My main concerns whenever staying away from home are to check location of facilities (hopefully close to where talks are held) and bringing fold-up chair as I won't be able to stand for long periods of time.

Well....... it is a valid point!

Have I missed something? What's a valid point?

someone asked if the cocktail party would be in a bigger / different room for 7.2, to which my husband pointed out 7.2 has now moved to a new hotel, so it should be in a different room!

i jokingly said i'd slap him for his pedantic post and i think raylenth was just trying to save him from it :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Our crew may not look all that bright but they can read the words Gold, Silver and Standard :P

I am interested why you feel this is needed, was there a problem at a show?

Possibly the times when there are a lot of people entering at once eg talks and drinks reception on the Friday evening, stewards have to look at a mass of torsos to read passes. Making them different colours would enable a quicker checking-time for stewards?

I have a request for Chevron 7.2. Could we have the drinks reception in a larger room please? I attended Chevron 7 drinks reception and felt overwhelmed by the number of people inside the small room, I wanted to open a window it got so stuffy in there but windows didn't open (probably for safety reasons). I get very very nervous when covention guests (aka actors) arrive and was no way I could stand inside room that small packed with so many people, I remained seated in a corner of the room to be able to beathe. I must have drunk five cups of water from the water cooler I had become so hot. :chair:

Obviously convention organisers can't do anything about my hyperventilating with nerves but they could make sure drinks reception held in a larger room. Number of people attending it must be a safety risk if packed into a small room? :chair: Evacuating in case of fire for instance.

The only problem I can think of when attending Chevron 7. Thanks for reading my concerns.

Also - quick question: where should I inform convention organisers I have a disability? Before convention I mean, somewhere on this forum or email someone? What documentation should I bring with me to the con to give to admin desk when registering?

It would help with the Friday resception but we have to check numbers on the way into the talks so different colours wouldn't make a lot of difference. But it's not a bad idea and could help, I just wanted to know if someone had seen a specific case where crew had missed something because of them being the same colour.

Stuart.

Thanks for the info, is there anything specific you need us to bring with regards to disability apart from tablets, crutches or wheelchairs? :chair:

Also a quick question about the reception. It mentions about cocktails, and i wondered if people dressed up in formal attire like cocktail dresses or most people went casual? I don't want to get dressed up and find everyone is in jeans... i'd be so embarressed. :P

Stuart.

Thanks for this info Stuart as I has emailed to try and find out what woudl happen for those with disabilities as I will be bringing someone in a wheelchair and obvisously concerned at to how easily they would be able to attend the talks etc

• Showmasters Admin

Stuart.

Thanks for the quick response :D

I can ask at the table when registering? That would make sense. My main concerns whenever staying away from home are to check location of facilities (hopefully close to where talks are held) and bringing fold-up chair as I won't be able to stand for long periods of time.

There will be no issue with you bring a fold away chair if you wish to. But we should be able to sort it out so you wouldn't need it. As with any hotel they usually have good facilities.

As I say, come and let us know and if they is anything we can do to make the event easier for you we will do our best to help.

Stuart.

Thanks for the info, is there anything specific you need us to bring with regards to disability apart from tablets, crutches or wheelchairs? :crying:

No just come and see me. I can usually tell if someone is trying it on :D As long as we know we'll do our best to help.

Stuart.

Thanks for this info Stuart as I has emailed to try and find out what woudl happen for those with disabilities as I will be bringing someone in a wheelchair and obvisously concerned at to how easily they would be able to attend the talks etc

What we've done for others in wheelchairs is we've taken out a couple of chairs so that we can place the wheelchair in their place. We usually do this on an end so that if you need to you can leave without disturbing anyone else. As I say we'll talk it over with you and sort out what's best for you and the person you're helping.

Can I make a small suggestion and make the passes different colours?...just so that it is easier for the stewards to tell who has which pass....just a thought...

Gold background - Gold Passes

Silver background - Silver Passes

Red background - Standard Passes

Kriss :smile:

Our crew may not look all that bright but they can read the words Gold, Silver and Standard ;)

Sorry, I'm being slightly flippant. It's not a bad idea and I am interested why you feel this is needed, was there a problem at a show?

It was just a thought as I noticed you poor guys having to read passes instead of just doing a quick check which if there are more people at this con...which it sounds like there are...would make life so much easier for you guys... :D

Oh and your crew are very bright and lovely people.. :clap: ..especially the one who helped me get a friends poster resigned as she had come all the way from Australia and it had been ruined...*big hug and kiss*...I am sorry but I can't remember you name... :angel: ....

And I won't be able to attend this one so you guys have a great time!...which is why it has taken so long to answer this question...didn't want to look at the website...:D

Kriss :WAVE:

• Showmasters Admin

Can I make a small suggestion and make the passes different colours?...just so that it is easier for the stewards to tell who has which pass....just a thought...

Gold background - Gold Passes

Silver background - Silver Passes

Red background - Standard Passes

Kriss :smile:

Sorry, I'm being slightly flippant. It's not a bad idea and I am interested why you feel this is needed, was there a problem at a show?

It was just a thought as I noticed you poor guys having to read passes instead of just doing a quick check which if there are more people at this con...which it sounds like there are...would make life so much easier for you guys... :D

Oh and your crew are very bright and lovely people.. :clap: ..especially the one who helped me get a friends poster resigned as she had come all the way from Australia and it had been ruined...*big hug and kiss*...I am sorry but I can't remember you name... :angel: ....

And I won't be able to attend this one so you guys have a great time!...which is why it has taken so long to answer this question...didn't want to look at the website...:D

Kriss :WAVE:

As I said, it's not a bad idea.

The thing is the only time we only look at the pass type is for the gold pass drink on Friday.

When letting people in to talks, photo shoots and autograph queues, we have to look at the type and number. So having the passes different colours won't make a huge difference as we still have to look at the numbers anyway.

Wow!! This is only about 2 minutes away from my college, 5 minutes from where I work and only a 40 minute walk from my house!!!

Good place to have a con :D Not sure if I 'll be going though, not a huge fan of stargate...

But I hope everyone who does go has a great time :angel:

• 3 weeks later...

Fully intend to be there - but slight (!) financial embarressment means I won't be buying ticket as yet! Will you be letting us know when stocks of the three ticket types are running low?

i want to know if buy the tickets and for some reasons i wont able to attend, will i need to pay for the cancellision.

Jola, who runs the online shop, tends to post if something is running low. So there should be no problems there :angel:

i was wondering if buy the ticket and i was unable to attend, will i pay for the cancellision.

thanks

:angel:

Jola, who runs the online shop, tends to post if something is running low. So there should be no problems there :smile:

i would like to know if buy the tickets and i was unable to attend, will i need to pay for the cancellison.

i want to know if buy the tickets and for some reasons i wont able to attend, will i need to pay for the cancellision.

You only need to ask the question once.

i was wondering if buy the ticket and i was unable to attend, will i pay for the cancellision.

thanks

Only need to ask once you do.

i would like to know if buy the tickets and i was unable to attend, will i need to pay for the cancellison.

There's no need to ask three times in the same post :dance:

Also, I'm pretty sure once you've bought the ticket and you're unable to attend you've lost your money, unless the convention is cancelled for some reason, but I'm sure someone who knows for sure will reply soon.

Edited by Christoff

I'm pretty sure once you've bought the ticket and you're unable to attend you've lost your money, unless the convention is cancelled for some reason, but I'm sure someone who knows for sure will reply soon.

Yup, I'm pretty sure that the tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. The only exceptions being

* if the event itself is cancelled

* if the event itself is completely sold out and there are still people who wish to buy tickets, the organisers may refund you in order that they can then re-sell the ticket, but they're not obliged to do it, it requires the event to be totally sold out and still have people wanting tickets, and it would have to be done through the organisers.

In other words, I wouldn't buy a ticket unless you're confident that you can either go or can afford to swallow the loss if you can't go.

• 1 month later...

yarg I ran in here to try n figure out where Bedford was and what airports and train stations are near the hotel (as a non-English gal, these things often confuse me :YAHOO:) but seem to have just waded through a whole other bunch of stuff!!!

I have of course been googling but am finding it a little tricky today it's in the mood to keep showing me stuff from the States even if I click UK!

can anyone who knows the area shed any light? am pressuming from Wales I will either have to change trains at Birmingham or London depending where tis!

fankooo :YAHOO:

(I have jetlag still I swear and post-NYC lurgey so I'm being extra blonde today :YAHOO:)

surfy sah xx

Hi, totally new to massive event cons so I dont know how they operate in regards to tickets,

I booked mine a while ago, silver just to spoil myself as a bday treat, as was wondering if they are sent out by post to you or if its a collection on registration on the day or what not just so I have an idea of what is going on. For if I should have had it by mail already I still have time to sort it out before getting there next month obviously :lol:

Thanks for any help and light shed on this for me :P

• Moderators

You'll be sent a registration letter a couple of weeks before the event, which you then take to the registration desk at the event itself, and collect your pack with the pass and other bits in it :lol:

• 3 weeks later...