Autographs

Lost Soul

• Moderators

The price is PER AUTOGRAPH, and the limit is 5 when there's a virtual queue in operation - so if it's not busy, you can get more.

So something at home + a photo signed = 2 autographs = pay twice :blush:

The price is PER AUTOGRAPH, and the limit is 5 when there's a virtual queue in operation - so if it's not busy, you can get more.

So something at home + a photo signed = 2 autographs = pay twice :blush:

You sure about it? 'cause it's ridiculous a little bit... at Collectormania a few years ago I got 2 items signed by the same person and I didn't pay double price for that...

• Moderators

It's not ridiculous at all.

It's a signing event which is a completely different thing to a convention where you pay one price and get things included.

You get free entry, and then you pay for whatever autographs you want.

That's just how it works :blush:

It's not ridiculous at all.

It's a signing event which is a completely different thing to a convention where you pay one price and get things included.

You get free entry, and then you pay for whatever autographs you want.

That's just how it works :blush:

Except entry to LFCC isnt free.... :P

Firstly, I have been to every Collectormania and never paid one price and got two autographs. Well, I think with the exception of the Matrix twins and the Harry Potter Weasley twins, which was one price for both.

Secondly, this thing about convention. I think you need to open a dictionary and look up the meaning. There are different types of conventions and this is where you are getting confused.

Oh and this is the London Film and Comic Con, Con is short for convention!

Well if everyone was getting 2 autos signed for the price of 1, the guests would be a whole lot busier and I'd guess their signatures would become illegible a lot sooner...

But as for how legible the signature is, that varies from guest to guest. Some just write better than others, no matter how busy they are or how early/late in the day you get your auto.

at Collectormania a few years ago I got 2 items signed by the same person and I didn't pay double price for that...

How did you manage that?

Surly you gave the assistant one payment or a ticket that said for only 1 item to be signed (as that's what you paid) and they only let you get one item signed...or did the guest just throw in a freebie? Is this the one and only time you got 2 for the price of one (cos you seem so surpised)?

depends how busy the guests are and what event, i know that i met a guest who wasnt busy and she signed something else [i didnt ask her too she gave it as a gesture] , i think in this case the guest must have thrown it in as a freebie not because he managed to get it signed without a ticket.

i personally think that its fair to pay for additional autos although, if they are on a personal item and are additional should be maybe slightly discounted? but i mean if you could get personal stuff signed for free then people would take the ****, they need to make money to pay for the guests and venue etc

Because it's something completely different to pay 20 or 25 GBP for a personalized autograph and pay the same prize just for an illegible sig...

With very few exceptions guests do personalise autographs. The exceptions being for example a guest getting too busy - like Hayden Panetierre last year - or other reasons - James Marsters and his hand injury.

If you are on about Patrick Stewart, maybe he didn't personalise last year because he was just too busy and had to go. I haven't heard of him personalising ever, but then on the hand he is always busy.

If you consider 25 GBP too much for his "illegible sig" (which for the record is very readable) I suggest you check how expensive he is at other shows. 25 GBP is quite cheap compared to those, especially those in the US.

Regardless if a guest personalises or not, you're paying for an in person autograph. You're getting to meet the guest. I honestly couldn't have cared less if Patrick added my name last year or not because I finally got to meet him, even if it was only for 30 seconds. :lol:

Even at the full weekend conventions it is one autograph free per guest. At Chevron 7 you couldn't have swapped the free autographs of Michael and the others against other freebies of Claudia.

Of course it's fair if you have to pay for additional autographs. I've occasionally got freebies at the signing tables as well, but this has certainly not happened very often.

The only time I ever remember paying one price and getting several autographs was when a LOTR convention offered some kind of pack - two autographs and a photo for that price. But that was the first and only time I've ever seen that done.

Why is this ridiculous ?????

Because it's something completely different to pay 20 or 25 GBP for a personalized autograph and pay the same prize just for an illegible sig...

SM have always been totally clear on the autograph policy. The prices quoted have always been per autograph. Autographs mean the guests signature. That does not automatically include a personalisation, a kiss, a hug, a conversation, a meal for 2 in a private restaurant or anything else. If you look at the autograph section under the website FAQ, it doesn't mention anything about personalisations.

Most guests do personalise however there are those who won't for a variety of reasons. If a guest is not personalising it is often there decision and not SM's.

Is there anything else you are unhappy with and would like to comment on?

C'mon now, be nice. Everyone has a right to ask if they are new, have an opinion or dont understand - it's not hurting anyone.

C'mon now, be nice. Everyone has a right to ask if they are new, have an opinion or dont understand - it's not hurting anyone.

Trust me I do appreciate that, and do what I can to help the newbies. Unfortunately I have yet to really see a positive post from Kalli yet. They all seem to be moaning about something. Kalli either hasn't read the T&C and FAQ properly or not asked questiong before buying the tickets and then ends up making seemingly negative comments about the way things are.

Yes autos are expensive, especially when it's £25 a pop per sig for the top guests, but that's the way it is. It may be that things are different/cheaper where Kalli comes from but this is how it is here.

Sometimes you do get guests who'll sign curtain things for free. I think at CM Midlands Warwick Davies was signing Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy books for free as they didn't "technically" have anything to do with him. Also, the Matrix Twins signed my autograph book for free as i was up with someone else and didn't have the cash. So now and then you might get lucky if you catch them in a good mood, but it's rare.

Sounds like you got lucky on that occasion Kalliope, but yes you should pay per autograph (unfortunately lol)

This is completely ridiculous...

What do you expect? That you pay 10 GBP entry and get all your autographs for free? If that's really what you're thinking, then you had better be prepared for a major disappointment, because this is *so* not going to happen.

Edited by Firefly

Colette Hiller (Ferro in Aliens) signed for me for free at a rival con - she just gave me my money back, I only got one sig. It was just cos she enjoyed talking to me but I think it was her first appearence so she wasnt used to it.

I remember on Colette's way to the toilet at LFCC2 when she was walking around some girl came up to her with pen and book in hand asking for her autograph, clearly thinking as Colette was away from her desk she'd get a freebie. ;)

Why is this ridiculous ?????

Autographs mean the guests signature. That does not automatically include a personalisation, a kiss, a hug, a conversation, a meal for 2 in a private restaurant or anything else.

No, the price for a meal for 2 in a private restaurant would be more like 6000 GBP. At least according to Chevron 7 ;)

• Showmasters Admin
at Collectormania a few years ago I got 2 items signed by the same person and I didn't pay double price for that...

How did you manage that?

Surly you gave the assistant one payment or a ticket that said for only 1 item to be signed (as that's what you paid) and they only let you get one item signed...or did the guest just throw in a freebie? Is this the one and only time you got 2 for the price of one (cos you seem so surpised)?

It does happen. Some people do it on purpose, some don't. People have various tricks to try and get an extra autograph. The Guests Assistants are very aware of it and will usually make sure any "extra" items do not get to the guest, but no one is prefect.

The price is PER Autograph, and some people do pay for 3, 4 or 5+ items. It's not fair on them if other people are blagging freebies, so we are tight on it.

We can spot those that are trying it on pretty easily. If someone does it more than once they will be warned, I've warned a number of attendees myself about it.

Colette Hiller (Ferro in Aliens) signed for me for free at a rival con - she just gave me my money back, I only got one sig. It was just cos she enjoyed talking to me but I think it was her first appearence so she wasnt used to it.

I remember on Colette's way to the toilet at LFCC2 when she was walking around some girl came up to her with pen and book in hand asking for her autograph, clearly thinking as Colette was away from her desk she'd get a freebie. ;)

Collette is an organisers nightmare. She's an absolute gem, and a lovely women, but she does like giving her autograph away for free. My wife sat with her at C10 (I believe it was), and had a day of trying to get her to stop giving extras away.