8.jpg

300px-Picard1.jpg

CLICK HERE for his filmography

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8.jpg

Is this picture from another con where a fan gave him a home-made crown as a pressie? He doesn't look impressed. I really hope that's not the expression on his face looking up at me from his desk at C13...if I'm fortunate enough to meet him that is. :smile:

Anyway he was also seen in:

Tobe Hooper's Lifeforce (1985)

Mel Brooks' Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1994)

Richard Donner's Conspiracy Theory (1997)

Edited by nicky

What happened at LFACC?

I met him last year at the theatre and he was very rude to me...I will *not* be meeting him at C13.

He was meant to do a full day but only did 3 or 4 hrs in the end before he rushed uoof to the airport - it was only announced to attendees as soon as he arrived at LFCC. What happened at the theater?

a few of my friends met him at the theatre also and he was really rude to us to

we waited for a ages afterward and when he came out my friend asked him to sign a dvd, he said "No, what else you got?"

he showed him something else and he said "NO"

my other friend showed him something and he said "NO" again and then pushed passed us and walked off. That was after signed programmes and tickets for other ppl.

When i said this on the forum after he was announced for LFACC i got bitched at for even bothering to try and meet him at the stage door and it wasnt right to do so, to this i say.... F**k that! loads of ppl do it and actors expect it, at least i dont try and sell my stuff on..

Anyway, aparantly he will sign personal items before a show but only programmes and tickets after a show.

im tempted to meet him at CM13, put my dvd infront of him and as he goes to sign it, swipe it away with a NO!!

Well worth £25 :P

we waited for a ages afterward and when he came out my friend asked him to sign a dvd, he said "No, what else you got?"

my other friend showed him something and he said "NO" again and then pushed passed us and walked off. That was after signed programmes and tickets for other ppl.

When i said this on the forum after he was announced for LFACC i got bitched at for even bothering to try and meet him at the stage door and it wasnt right to do so, to this i say.... F**k that! loads of ppl do it and actors expect it, at least i dont try and sell my stuff on..

Anyway, aparantly he will sign personal items before a show but only programmes and tickets after a show.

im tempted to meet him at CM13, put my dvd infront of him and as he goes to sign it, swipe it away with a NO!!

Hang on a minute - we've had this discussion. You gave him some Star Trek stuff to sign. He's well known as being someone who does not sign Star Trek related merchandise outside a stage door, and to be honest I agree with him.

Get him to sign a copy of the programme for that performance, and he'll be fine about it - end of story.

Hang on a minute - we've had this discussion. You gave him some Star Trek stuff to sign. He's well known as being someone who does not sign Star Trek related merchandise outside a stage door, and to be honest I agree with him.

Get him to sign a copy of the programme for that performance, and he'll be fine about it - end of story.

i think you will find i had already said in this post that i had mention this on another forum so facts straight first sir

secondly it wasnt Star Trek stuff we had, it was American Dad and Extras.

thirdly, he will sign Star Trek and other personal stuff but only one item per person and before a show and not after it

last. i wouldnt want a programme signed as im not a fan of him through his shakespeare stuff but for other things, same as i got my True Romance dvd signed by Christian Slater as it is one of my fave movies of all time and not a programme for the play he was in at the time. Difference is, Christian was very pleasent, polite and decent, Patrick wasnt.

i think you will find i had already said in this post that i had mention this on another forum so facts straight first sir

secondly it wasnt Star Trek stuff we had, it was American Dad and Extras.

thirdly, he will sign Star Trek and other personal stuff but only one item per person and before a show and not after it

last. i wouldnt want a programme signed as im not a fan of him through his shakespeare stuff but for other things, same as i got my True Romance dvd signed by Christian Slater as it is one of my fave movies of all time and not a programme for the play he was in at the time. Difference is, Christian was very pleasent, polite and decent, Patrick wasnt.

Again, you have to understand that he's just come out of a play, a play that presumably you've attended, a play that he's given his all to. And he comes out, and you're standing there with an Extras DVD.

To be frank, the fact that he's doing this at all signifies he's ok with meeting the fans, and signing for them (he can't be worried about the money). I say let him be a bit arsey about siging American Dad DVDs outside of a performance of Shakespeare.

To be frank, the fact that he's doing this at all signifies he's ok with meeting the fans, and signing for them (he can't be worried about the money). I say let him be a bit arsey about siging American Dad DVDs outside of a performance of Shakespeare.

Wow, you obviously don't live in the real world. The only reason he is doing this event is for the MONEY!!! Not that I blame him or any other guests that appear at these shows, I just don't think you are giving this any real perspective.

As for not signing any Star Trek stuff at the stage door, thats a joke. The role of Picard and the fans that watched that show is the reason he is famous. He should be humbled by fans wanting to meet him.

This isn't the first time (and I doubt it will be the last) that I have heard of him being a real bottom to his fans. Personally, as a HUGE X-Men fan, I'm not gonna bother, not after the LFACC fiasco.

Just my opinion (before the fan boys start crying at me)

God i wish people would stop bitching. He is a great guest. Its up to him as to what he signs and when. He prob does it as he wants people to see him for his shakespeare skills, not because he was that dude in another programme.

This is his 3rd show in just over a year, and he is a v hard person to meet. We should be grateful he is taking time out for this (and with a smile when I've met him twice this year) Rather than Scott Bakula who just won't do a show for less than £100 an auto or something ridiculous.

Great guest SM, I will deff meet him a 3rd time!

We should be grateful he is taking time out for this rather than Scott Bakula who just won't do a show for less than £100 an auto or something ridiculous.
That's probably what he's thinking and hopefully it won't go to his head.