Latest Guest Announcement Patrick Stewart

showmasters

a few of my friends met him at the theatre also and he was really rude to us to

we waited for a ages afterward and when he came out my friend asked him to sign a dvd, he said "No, what else you got?"

he showed him something else and he said "NO"

my other friend showed him something and he said "NO" again and then pushed passed us and walked off. That was after signed programmes and tickets for other ppl.

When i said this on the forum after he was announced for LFACC i got bitched at for even bothering to try and meet him at the stage door and it wasnt right to do so, to this i say.... F**k that! loads of ppl do it and actors expect it, at least i dont try and sell my stuff on..

Anyway, aparantly he will sign personal items before a show but only programmes and tickets after a show.

im tempted to meet him at CM13, put my dvd infront of him and as he goes to sign it, swipe it away with a NO!!

Well worth £25 :hathor:

Hang on a minute - we've had this discussion. You gave him some Star Trek stuff to sign. He's well known as being someone who does not sign Star Trek related merchandise outside a stage door, and to be honest I agree with him.

Get him to sign a copy of the programme for that performance, and he'll be fine about it - end of story.

i think you will find i had already said in this post that i had mention this on another forum so facts straight first sir

secondly it wasnt Star Trek stuff we had, it was American Dad and Extras.

thirdly, he will sign Star Trek and other personal stuff but only one item per person and before a show and not after it

last. i wouldnt want a programme signed as im not a fan of him through his shakespeare stuff but for other things, same as i got my True Romance dvd signed by Christian Slater as it is one of my fave movies of all time and not a programme for the play he was in at the time. Difference is, Christian was very pleasent, polite and decent, Patrick wasnt.

if you knew he wouldn't sign personal stuff after the show...why did you wait around after the show with stuff he wouldn't sign...then accuse him of being rude when you shove it in front of him and he says no?

Edited by Dr Evil

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think he did know.

even so anyone with half a brain cell would have realised after he didn't want to sign the stuff, to stop shoving differnent things under his nose, no wonder he was rude.

Personaly if I had just done a play and someone had shoved those dvds under my nose I would hsve said 'thats not what I'm here for, play stuff only please' if they didn't stop asking em to sign dvd's etc then I would have just politly walked off

:hathor:

LLAP :borg:

Edited by zebredy

well he knows now...so why go on about it eveytime a Patrick Stewart thread pops up?

Your right.

I don't go by other peoples opinions of someone, but some people do (don't know why) but do you think this negative post about Patrick will put anyone off seeing him, I certainly hope not.

well he knows now...so why go on about it eveytime a Patrick Stewart thread pops up?

Your right.

I don't go by other peoples opinions of someone, but some people do (don't know why) but do you think this negative post about Patrick will put anyone off seeing him, I certainly hope not.

it won't put people off at all...in fact it makes me want to go up to the Geilgud theatre with the appropriate material for Patrick Stewart to sign...in fact i still have a program from his appearance in "a christmas carol"...he did at the old vic...now i wonder if he would sign that?

• Showmasters Admin

Because like some other people we've had on here, he/she thinks that actors are not allowed to be human beings and have an off day, or even an off 10 minutes. They must be nice, polite and friendly to everyone that asks them to do something they don't wish to do.

And because they happened to meet an actor on that bad day (10 minutes) and got told "no" in a way that they didn't like, they are going to tell the world until everyone knows how horrid and bad tempered that actor is...

They've been wronged and the world must know!!!!!

Personally I've meet Patrick twice. Once at another event and again in a more professional capacity at LFCC. And on both occasions Patrick has been nothing but a complete gent.

Maybe he can be a bit grumpy with people asking him to sign for free out the back of his plays. I don't blame him. But at the shows I've seen him at he's been nothing but a great guest.

Edited by Too Tall

I was tempted to see Patrick at LFCC, but then saw that he was due in the West End a few weeks later.

I saw the play and went backstage to get his autograph. He signed away happily - it was the first showing - but asked politely for no photographs (he was ignored) and then was quite shirty, but carried on signing.

I would recommend going to see him at the Gielguld, even if you don't like Shakespeare. It didn't feel like 3 hours and it's been one my favourite moments all year.

(Yes I did get a programme signed - not anything else)

I was tempted to see Patrick at LFCC, but then saw that he was due in the West End a few weeks later.

I saw the play and went backstage to get his autograph. He signed away happily - it was the first showing - but asked politely for no photographs (he was ignored) and then was quite shirty, but carried on signing.

I would recommend going to see him at the Gielguld, even if you don't like Shakespeare. It didn't feel like 3 hours and it's been one my favourite moments all year.

(Yes I did get a programme signed - not anything else)

how long will he be performing there?

Because like some other people we've had on here, he/she thinks that actors are not allowed to be human beings and have an off day, or even an off 10 minutes. They must be nice, polite and friendly to everyone that asks them to do something they don't wish to do.

And because they happened to meet an actor on that bad day (10 minutes) and got told "no" in a way that they didn't like, they are going to tell the world until everyone knows how horrid and bad tempered that actor is...

Personally I've meet Patrick twice. Once at another event and again in a more professional capacity at LFCC. And on both occasions Patrick has been nothing but a complete gent.

Maybe he can be a bit grumpy with people asking him to sign for free out the back of his plays. I don't blame him. But at the shows I've seen him at he's been nothing but a great guest.

so now its time to defend myself....

first up, i DIDNT know at the time he wouldnt sign personal items after a show

secondly, it was a friend that he was rude to and said no about a particular item before asking, "what else have you got?" so he provoked us to asking about something else

thirdly, i was within my rights to attempt to get personal stuff done because ive tried with others before and they have been ok with it, Too Tall, you said in another thread you did it with Henry Winkler recently so its something that ppl do

forthly, i posted it here coz someone said they had a similar experience and i couldnt find a link to a previous topic so figured i write it here again and sure enough more ppl have read it here than did in the other topic.

and just as ive said in previous posts as regards to Patrick Stewart it seems the ppl that defend him are the people that have gotten what they want from him, its the ppl that got their programmes signed at the theatre or met him at LFACC than say how nice he was and how lucky we are he agrees to do these events. Yeah sure, its lucky for us he chooses to do conventions but does that mean he can be rude to my friend for asking to sign American Dad? He obviously wasnt having an off night coz he was laughing and joking with ppl getting tickets signed just before that.

The problem is ppl dont want to admit that their heroes might actually not be very nice ppl, im not singleing Patrick out here i mean generally speaking... Ppl you worship or are fans off may just be a*ses, deal with it.

so there you have it, just try and get all the facts before accusing ppl of things yeah.

no wonder forums turn into slagging matches when even the moderators, who i generally have a great deal of respect for, are condescending and rude

secondly, it was a friend that he was rude to and said no about a particular item before asking, "what else have you got?" so he provoked us to asking about something else

thirdly, i was within my rights to attempt to get personal stuff done because ive tried with others before and they have been ok with it, Too Tall, you said in another thread you did it with Henry Winkler recently so its something that ppl do

forthly, i posted it here coz someone said they had a similar experience and i couldnt find a link to a previous topic so figured i write it here again and sure enough more ppl have read it here than did in the other topic.

and just as ive said in previous posts as regards to Patrick Stewart it seems the ppl that defend him are the people that have gotten what they want from him, its the ppl that got their programmes signed at the theatre or met him at LFACC than say how nice he was and how lucky we are he agrees to do these events. Yeah sure, its lucky for us he chooses to do conventions but does that mean he can be rude to my friend for asking to sign American Dad? He obviously wasnt having an off night coz he was laughing and joking with ppl getting tickets signed just before that.

The problem is ppl dont want to admit that their heroes might actually not be very nice ppl, im not singleing Patrick out here i mean generally speaking... Ppl you worship or are fans off may just be a*ses, deal with it.

so there you have it, just try and get all the facts before accusing ppl of things yeah.

no wonder forums turn into slagging matches when even the moderators, who i generally have a great deal of respect for, are condescending and rude

what a crock!

so you think your within in your rights to get him to sign anything you want...what rights are they then...because i've never heard that one before...if anything Patrick is well within his rights to tell anyone to just bugger off.

what a crock!

so you think your within in your rights to get him to sign anything you want...what rights are they then...because i've never heard that one before...if anything Patrick is well within his rights to tell anyone to just bugger off.

no you absolute fool, i have any right to ask for him to sign whatever i want, in the same way you have any right to log on here and post stuff to make yourself sound like a tool.

yep, he can say no, in the same way i was told Patrick Swayze did after his show, he politely said that he wont be signing but thanked everyone for coming to the show. Notice the glaring word within this sentence... POLITELY

there is your difference. Defend him all you want but Patrick Stewart was, on the occasion i met him, extreamly rude, for whatever reason he had is irrelevent at this point but he was rude.

what a crock!

no you absolute fool, i have any right to ask for him to sign whatever i want, in the same way you have any right to log on here and post stuff to make yourself sound like a tool.

yep, he can say no, in the same way i was told Patrick Swayze did after his show, he politely said that he wont be signing but thanked everyone for coming to the show. Notice the glaring word within this sentence... POLITELY

there is your difference. Defend him all you want but Patrick Stewart was, on the occasion i met him, extreamly rude, for whatever reason he had is irrelevent at this point but he was rude.

right gloves off!

you want to resort to name calling!

you go to the guy with all sorts of crap to sign...you didn't even see the show,you didn't have a program or ticket to get signed...he comes out at the end of the show probably very tired and is happy to sign stuff for people who bothered to go and see him perform...you come along shoving all sorts of crap under his nose expecting a signature,he says no...but gives you another chance to produce something worthy of him to sign...again you can't produce anything...so he decides to walk off....remember you said he was in a good mood until you approached him....it seems to me you put him in the bad mood...if you call walking off "a mad mood"....you never got what you wanted signed for free...big deal....get over it and get over yourself!

what a crock!

right gloves off!

you go to the guy with all sorts of crap to sign...you didn't even see the show,you didn't have a program or ticket to get signed...he comes out at the end of the show probably very tired and is happy to sign stuff for people who bothered to go and see him perform...you come along shoving all sorts of crap under his nose expecting a signature,he says no...but gives you another chance to produce something worthy of him to sign...again you can't produce anything...so he decides to walk off....remember you said he was in a good mood until you approached him....it seems to me you put him in the bad mood...if you call walking off "a mad mood"....you never got what you wanted signed for free...big deal....get over it and get over yourself!

quite why im bothering to try and make you see sense is beyond me cause you seem to want to believe your own thing anyway but ill try once more

whether you want to believe it or not, Patrick Stewart on the occasion i met him was rude. FACT. Plain and simple. For anyone to think he shouldnt have to deal with people asking for stuff to get signed outside a theatre that isnt related to the play he is in is living on another planet because whether he likes it or not he is famous for Star Trek and not for the Shakespearian Actor he started out as.

When the incident happend, whilst i was surprized by his attitude i actually found it extreamly funny and me and the two friends i was with laughed all the way back to my car because it was so unexpected.

you make it sound like i was the one being rude and getting up in his face, as it happend, we stood away from him while the few people that had come round to the stage door after the play got what they wanted from him and chatted to him and then we walked over to him and politely asked him to sign our stuff. You know the do one to others thing... it was then he became rude.

The point of me posting this was because someone said they had a similar experience of him, it wasnt coz i want to try and bring the guy down to working class bum or anything so stupid. ive met plenty of people, be it at cons or stage doors whatever and i havent always been lucky enough to get what i wanted signed and yeah it is a disapointment coz im a fan of someone and want it in my collection but i dont go all out ot bash someone because it, it is just so happens the chance to mention my experience came up here.

id also care to add, when i posted here originally i posted in a very light hearted manner as i do with all posts on this or any other forum, its people like you acting all high and mighty that make any forum go from a discussion or light hearted banter into a full scale argument because you can obviously do no wrong and your opinion of a situation is no longer opinion but actually a fact. Yeah, it was childish of me to resort to name calling and for that i apologise but sometimes trying to get a point over to someone that cant be reasoned with is far to challenging, even for me!

:D you didn't even go to see the play? I don't like getting involved in arguments, but I have to say something...

Have you ever been in a Shakespeare play? Have you ever tried to learn just a page, and recite it perfectly with good acting? I have and just a page can take ages to get your head around. Hes doing a whole play of shakespeare... he does MANY. That takes some talent, and a LOT of effort.

He'd just spent 2 hours acting his socks off to some really tough lines, regardless of what play it was, and then someone who couldn't even be bothered to watch him in it suddenly turns up to get him to sign something, which is usually very likely to get sold on ebay the next morning. Those who had programmes and tickets had spent time and watching him, so his effort was worthwhile, and he gave them a sig or 2 for it. He prob did find it laughable himself that you had the balls to ask him that!

what a crock!

right gloves off!

quite why im bothering to try and make you see sense is beyond me cause you seem to want to believe your own thing anyway but ill try once more

whether you want to believe it or not, Patrick Stewart on the occasion i met him was rude. FACT. Plain and simple. For anyone to think he shouldnt have to deal with people asking for stuff to get signed outside a theatre that isnt related to the play he is in is living on another planet because whether he likes it or not he is famous for Star Trek and not for the Shakespearian Actor he started out as.

When the incident happend, whilst i was surprized by his attitude i actually found it extreamly funny and me and the two friends i was with laughed all the way back to my car because it was so unexpected.

you make it sound like i was the one being rude and getting up in his face, as it happend, we stood away from him while the few people that had come round to the stage door after the play got what they wanted from him and chatted to him and then we walked over to him and politely asked him to sign our stuff. You know the do one to others thing... it was then he became rude.

The point of me posting this was because someone said they had a similar experience of him, it wasnt coz i want to try and bring the guy down to working class bum or anything so stupid. ive met plenty of people, be it at cons or stage doors whatever and i havent always been lucky enough to get what i wanted signed and yeah it is a disapointment coz im a fan of someone and want it in my collection but i dont go all out ot bash someone because it, it is just so happens the chance to mention my experience came up here.

id also care to add, when i posted here originally i posted in a very light hearted manner as i do with all posts on this or any other forum, its people like you acting all high and mighty that make any forum go from a discussion or light hearted banter into a full scale argument because you can obviously do no wrong and your opinion of a situation is no longer opinion but actually a fact. Yeah, it was childish of me to resort to name calling and for that i apologise but sometimes trying to get a point over to someone that cant be reasoned with is far to challenging, even for me!

"Your chance to mention your experience", well maybe you didn't go about mentioning it the right way. How old are you, as it has been said on many occasions that Patrick won't sign none show stuff outside and after a play, and I've known that for years.

Just to let you know, he was quite well know by some, before he even stepped foot on the bridge of the Enterprise, from what I'm reading it sounds like he was no good before Trek (wtf). Start Trek might have opened more doors for him, but who’s to say with his skills those doors would not have opened on there own given time?

I think Patrick might have seemed rude to you because you tried getting one thing signed, then he asked what else you had, and again you tried another similar item. Unless someone gives you one, you can't just get programmes and tickets for the show round the corner in McDonalds, you have to actually see the play, and from my point of view (not having been there) if you could see him singing programmes and tickets for people, before he had come over to you, then you should have realised before you had tried to shove the second item under his nose that it was only show stuff he was signing, anyone with half a brain could have seen that and stopped while they were ahead

But your right we (or should I say I) weren’t/wasn't there and only have your side of the story to go on. But unfortunately for you, if you actually looked at what you posted from my point of view, It does seem a bit stupid what you did, and Patrick has every right to be angry with you, because from where I'm sitting it almost seems like Patrick could tell from what you were getting signed that you hadn't seen the play.

Just like to say, thanks for coming again Patrick..... :dance:

:D

LLAP :YAHOO:

Edited by zebredy

I think snot182's point is that he would have much preferred a gentle, "Sorry but I don't sign Star Trek, do you have something else?" rather than an abrupt, "No. Wot else ya got???" regardless of the fact he didn't even see the play or that Patrick was understandably angry.

• Showmasters Admin

1: first up, i DIDNT know at the time he wouldnt sign personal items after a show

2: secondly, it was a friend that he was rude to and said no about a particular item before asking, "what else have you got?" so he provoked us to asking about something else

3: thirdly, i was within my rights to attempt to get personal stuff done because ive tried with others before and they have been ok with it, Too Tall, you said in another thread you did it with Henry Winkler recently so its something that ppl do

1: I never said you did.

2: OK it was your friend that asked. My point still stands that the guy has a right to have an off day.

3: At no point did I say it was wrong or rude to ask him to sign at the door. My point is that you are asking for something free so you should go with no expectations. Especially as you had not seen the play.

I decided to comment on this thread because I felt you were being overly critical of Patrick. I agree with you that some people are overly protective of their fav actor. You will see from my response I never denied he may have had an off day, I accept that. I just felt you could give the guy a break. We all have off days.

My post also proves my point that we all have off days. I had one yesterday and will admit I didn't handle this situation as I usually would. I was rude to you and for that I apologize.

For everyone else, please remember that we do all have off days and the experience of meeting him at the back of his play having not seen the play and then asking him to sign items not associated with that play, is a far cry from meeting him at an event.

Edited by Too Tall

"Your chance to mention your experience", well maybe you didn't go about mentioning it the right way. How old are you, as it has been said on many occasions that Patrick won't sign none show stuff outside and after a play, and I've known that for years.

Just to let you know, he was quite well know by some, before he even stepped foot on the bridge of the Enterprise, from what I'm reading it sounds like he was no good before Trek (wtf). Start Trek might have opened more doors for him, but who’s to say with his skills those doors would not have opened on there own given time?

I think Patrick might have seemed rude to you because you tried getting one thing signed, then he asked what else you had, and again you tried another similar item. Unless someone gives you one, you can't just get programmes and tickets for the show round the corner in McDonalds, you have to actually see the play, and from my point of view (not having been there) if you could see him singing programmes and tickets for people, before he had come over to you, then you should have realised before you had tried to shove the second item under his nose that it was only show stuff he was signing, anyone with half a brain could have seen that and stopped while they were ahead

But your right we (or should I say I) weren’t/wasn't there and only have your side of the story to go on. But unfortunately for you, if you actually looked at what you posted from my point of view, It does seem a bit stupid what you did, and Patrick has every right to be angry with you, because from where I'm sitting it almost seems like Patrick could tell from what you were getting signed that you hadn't seen the play.

Quite honestly this comes across to me as the rudest post in the thread, it's not really the best of ideas to run around throwing aroudn terms 'stupid', 'anyone with half a brain', etc etc. Jumping the poster like this seems really unnecessary, and I for one was interested to hear his 'stupid' experience.

Jumping the poster like this seems really unnecessary, and I for one was interested to hear his 'stupid' experience.
I agree and was interested in hearing it too.

If it was someone's dad I'd understand the backlash here as it would be personal but it's not (is it?), it's Patrick Stewart, the actor - someone we'll never be that close to so I don't understand all the "jumping on the poster"...after all it was just snot182's experience, not our's - he made the mistake of offering Stewart a ST item and Stewart was rude (when he could easily have been polite) to him and snot182 was disappointed by it, so what? $hit happens!

OK, lemme have it.

Quite honestly this comes across to me as the rudest post in the thread, it's not really the best of ideas to run around throwing aroudn terms 'stupid', 'anyone with half a brain', etc etc. Jumping the poster like this seems really unnecessary, and I for one was interested to hear his 'stupid' experience.

Well I'm sorry you felt that way, I didn't mean for my post to sound as rude as it did, its just it gets me why some people are suprised with the reaction they get from certain guests when they do things like this, that all.

Edited by zebredy

I think snot182's point is that he would have much preferred a gentle, "Sorry but I don't sign Star Trek, do you have something else?" rather than an abrupt, "No. Wot else ya got???" regardless of the fact he didn't even see the play or that Patrick was understandably angry.

we only have Snots word on that....how often can the truth be twisted to suit someone's own needs!

what a crock!

right gloves off!

whether you want to believe it or not, Patrick Stewart on the occasion i met him was rude. FACT.

FACT??

shouldn't that require proof?

we only have your word that he was rude...its quite easy to slate someone who isn't around to defend himself...and i don't just mean patrick stewart but any actor or guest at a con or the stage door of a theatre..just becase it never went they way they wanted it to!