Coronation Street guests?

VODKA123

I thought I would raise the possibility of having some Coronation Street guests at Manchester for several reasons:-

1 - The show is in Manchester

2 - Milton Keynes is having a few guests from The Bill this October which seems to be very popular on the forum

3 - The Allo Allo reunion seemed to go really well earlier on in the year and I haven't heard anything to the contrary

4 - It can't be denied that it is a really popular show whether you like it or not

5 - Craig Charles is already booked

6 - I have noticed that Showmasters is trying to diversify by having events like Sportsmania and Musicmania and I think that this might be a good opportunity to test the waters and experiment if they are thinking of having some sort of Soapmania event in the future. For example if they were to hire Sue Cleaver and Simon Gregson who work closely with Craig on Corrie it might pull in two different fandoms. I know the G-Mex is not the same as Collectormania Milton Keynes because that is held in a shopping centre but I thought it could still be an interesting and possibly profitable experiment.

What do you think/want? :D

If there is such a big demand for soap guests then perhaps SM could look at a dedicated event for soaps at some point in the future. I'm not sure I didn't read a thread somewhere along the same lines.

That way the people who want to see these guests have an event all to themselves and there aren't the complaining threads from people who'd prefer not to have guests of this type at the events

how many soap fan outside of those that all ready come to these thing would send £10 -£5 just for tickets to get in then whatever price for autograph - i doubt there would be that many most would just want to chat. its different likes of milton keynes with the bill they can get passers that might go up to them.

other than neighbours im not a soap fan so if it was a choice between them and other tv /movie then they would always loose out.

but everyone has there own tastes i just think they would be likely not to make much money at ticketed events to get extra people in.

Edited by killerinc

Whered u get the idea having the bill actors at MK are popular idea? I only ask because these two threads about the Bill, and both seem to ask why a 'cult' show on mainstream tv should be represented whereas there are so many mainstream progs on US Scifi channel etc that could have actors there instead.. And seemingly they'd draw more fans than a show that gets millions tuning in week in week out..

I'd love to see Corrie actors there. Ian Mackellan for one LOL! As I mentioned in another thread, I suggested the idea of Corrie actors last GMEX show, but got shot down because they're from Soaps, and not 'proper' actors. I mean, who wants to go round dressed as Jean Alexander in her heyday, when it's much more cool to go as some obscure comic character, or maybe as Agent Smith with full scale replica Blast Fusion canons. Yea, can't see any problem with walking round Manchester in a dark suit and shades with hand guns... Not like theres much of a terrorist threat, or the ownership of handguns being illegal or anything..

How many times did Nikki Sanderson pose for Maxim? How many Corrie/Hollyoaks/Emmerdale calendars could get signed? Who'd you rather meet? :pyth::jason: Roxanne Mckee, Roxanne Pallett :jason: , or :jason: Deidre Barlow :pyth: ?

Sorry, I firgot... they're eye candy and not serious actors, and besides, totally sexist, whereas the female turnout for Elijah Wood etc etc is purely on their acting abilities..... silly me...

I was thinking an event like that would probably be more suitable for MK rather than GMEX or London. After all they might well appeal to people out doing their shopping but I agree they would be unlikely to pay out in advance for tickets

this is about word for word what i was gonna say

It would depend on how it was marketed locally. It's not imperative to buy GMEX tickets in advance, and if SM reckon that getting Corrie guys in might drive numbers, they might think of setting a lower entry price, so they might recoup the money from fractionally more sigs done. Ok a quid off the entry doesn't exactly equal a quid on sigs, but it could balance out.

Whered u get the idea having the bill actors at MK are popular idea? I only ask because these two threads about the Bill, and both seem to ask why a 'cult' show on mainstream tv should be represented whereas there are so many mainstream progs on US Scifi channel etc that could have actors there instead.. And seemingly they'd draw more fans than a show that gets millions tuning in week in week out..

I'd love to see Corrie actors there. Ian Mackellan for one LOL! As I mentioned in another thread, I suggested the idea of Corrie actors last GMEX show, but got shot down because they're from Soaps, and not 'proper' actors. I mean, who wants to go round dressed as Jean Alexander in her heyday, when it's much more cool to go as some obscure comic character, or maybe as Agent Smith with full scale replica Blast Fusion canons. Yea, can't see any problem with walking round Manchester in a dark suit and shades with hand guns... Not like theres much of a terrorist threat, or the ownership of handguns being illegal or anything..

How many times did Nikki Sanderson pose for Maxim? How many Corrie/Hollyoaks/Emmerdale calendars could get signed? Who'd you rather meet? :angry::gorgeous: Roxanne Mckee, Roxanne Pallett :gorgeous: , or :drool: Deidre Barlow :help: ?

Sorry, I firgot... they're eye candy and not serious actors, and besides, totally sexist, whereas the female turnout for Elijah Wood etc etc is purely on their acting abilities..... silly me...

I sincerely promise I'm not being rude here but I'm not entirely sure what point you are trying to make

I think people who are also famous for appearing in other projects, such as Fred Elliot (i've forgot his name..) would probably have a bigger chance of being asked because like it's been said, not many soap fans would pay much for their autograph.

:D I would love to meet and get pics with some of the 'easy on the eye'female Corrie stars,I am thiking Tina O Brien Katherine Kellie Jenny Platt and Samia Smith not to mention Jane Danson!

Katherine was in an episode of Life On Mars so another crossover there.

Jane Danson :D I used to run the first ever (and at the time only ever) Jane Danson fansite. Sad boy that I am ;)

From corrie,i'd like to meet Jack Shepherd,Tina O'brien,Lucy Jo Hudson,Sean wilson,Andrew Whyment and Jennie McAlpine.They are the ones i'd mostly like to meet but anyone esle from the cast,past or present,would be great too

Edited by Beth

Fred Elliot from Corrie was in Dr Who and Clockwork Orange

Not to mention Waterloo and The Battle of Britian (the films not the real battles!)

Could be difficult as he doesnt have anything to do with Corrie anymore. Chances are he wouldnt sign Corrie items, though it might be different if he was being paid to do it. He's currently touring and has not been signing Corrie books at stage doors.

Corrie books! Well I think a soap convention would be popular, but I would not go.

I perhaps wouldn't go off my own bat, but I'd tag along with mates who'd go and I'd end up buying some autographs!

Fred Elliot from Corrie was in Dr Who and Clockwork Orange

Not to mention Waterloo and The Battle of Britian (the films not the real battles!)

Could be difficult as he doesnt have anything to do with Corrie anymore. Chances are he wouldnt sign Corrie items, though it might be different if he was being paid to do it. He's currently touring and has not been signing Corrie books at stage doors.

Has he been actually turning them down ??? :blink: Fred Elliot is a Corrie legend and they sacked him totally out of childish spite !!

I sincerely promise I'm not being rude here but I'm not entirely sure what point you are trying to make

The point I was trying to make was... There had been a thread on the CM board suggesting that 'The Bill' was a Cult show, compared to mainstream stuff like Carnivale, Stargate Atlantis etc etc, which id rubbish. Carnivale not even AFAIK shown here, Bill, primetime ITV1 show.

There was also, at times, the idea that some female ghuests were purely there for eye candy, and to please the fellas. Recalling the ratio of M:F at the squash that was the '3 Hobbit' Collectormania, I'm surely the guys were outnumbered 3:10, or close to that... And I'm sure all those girls didn't want to jump Elijah/Dom's boones given half a chance at all. They liked their acting abilities, I'm sure.

Getting Ian McKellan for GMEX would not only quell the LOTR fandom, but also the Soap fandom. Heck, getting Ian for anything would aid any feelings of exclusion LOTR fans might be feeling from SM's booking lists..

Getting Tina O'Brien or Roxanne Pallett wouldn't necessarily mean no product to sign. It could be very popular as a photo op, and the number of magazine spreads Corrie, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks girls have done, there wouldn't be a short supply of stills to choose from. And as for prints from recent awards shows...

Would you rather this be there http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6718/ti...ien00236gm9.jpg than http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/photos/1/145/10 ?

There was also, at times, the idea that some female ghuests were purely there for eye candy, and to please the fellas. Recalling the ratio of M:F at the squash that was the '3 Hobbit' Collectormania, I'm surely the guys were outnumbered 3:10, or close to that... And I'm sure all those girls didn't want to jump Elijah/Dom's boones given half a chance at all. They liked their acting abilities, I'm sure.

Lol, I wouldn't be so sure of that!