Most Treasured autographed item?

MikeDonovan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Billy Fury autograph, my Brenda Lee autograph and anything signed by Dirk Benedict, especially if it has a personal message from him :poki:

Also have some that I got years ago after writing to people waaaaay back in the 80s before these events really took off - Harrison Ford, Richard Chamberlain, Charlton Heston and John James (Jeff Colby lol) to name but a few. I do treasure these but sometimes I find myself wondering if they're genuine so I don't know if they count :D

Favourite that I got in person, probably my Serenity premiere ticket signed by Joss.

Most treasured ever is probably my 4400 season 4 premiere script signed by Joel, Jacqui, Chad, Megalyn, Jenni Baird, Jeffrey Combs, Mahershalalhashbaz Ali and Richard Kahan, plus Graeme Duffy and Sean Devine (Marco's theory room buddies Brady and PJ). And I got it almost a week before the S4 premiere aired even in America!

Edited by SerbianJanet

Ok, my list goes like this:

'Lord Of The Rings: Two Towers' Extended Edition DVD & 'Lord Of Misrule' autobiography signed by Christopher Lee

'Day Of The Dead' VHS signed by Geroge A. Romero & Greg Nicotero

'Shaun Of The Dead' DVD signed by Simon Pegg, Nick Frost & Edgar Wright

'Brazil' VHS and 'Gilliam On Gilliam' book signed by Terry Gilliam

'A Nightmare Of Elm Street' VHS signed by Robert Englund

'The League Of Gentlemen: Live At Drury Lane' VHS signed by Mark Gatiss

'Cronos' DVD, 'Hellboy' souvenir magazine, 'Hellboy: The Art Of The Movie', 'Pan's Labyrinth' quad poster & sealed 'Hellboy' figure signed by Guillermo Del Torro

Sealed 'Hellboy figure signed by Ron Pearlman

'Near Dark' DVD signed by Adrian Pasdar

'HEROES' SFX special signed by Adrian Pasdar, Milo Ventimiglia, Hayden Panettierre & Jack Coleman

'Dark Days' #1 comic signed by Steve Niles & Ben Templesmith

Signed vampire sketch by Ben Templesmith

'The Art of Ray Harryhausen' signed by Ray Harryhausen & Tony Dalton (signed flyer also)

'Necromancer', 'Pattern Recognition' & 'Spook Country' books signed by William Gibson

'The Birghtonomicon' & 'The Da Da De Da Da Code' books signed by Robert Rankin

Signed photo of Tom Baker

Signed photo of Johnny Wilkinson

Signed programme of England V Croatia, Portman Road, Ipswich 2003 from John Motson

'John Mayall: 70th Birthday Concert' DVD and Marine Band harmonica signed by John Mayall

Signed photo of director Michael Mann

'And Why Not?' autobiography signed by Barry Norman

Signed ticket from Jamie Cavanagh (bassist for AnathemA)

'Doctor Who Storybook 2007' signed by Mark Gatiss, Steven Mofatt, Tom McRae, Gareth Roberts, Robert Sherman, Nicholas Briggs, Justin Richards & Jonathan Morris

Edited by Koroshiya1

I love my signed Buffy/Angel/LOTR DVDs/Boxs sets..

& my Bridget Bardot signed 10 X 8

And a Freddie doodle drew & signed on a Freddie V. Jason poster by Robert Englund

BUT...

If the house was on fire I would rescue my Danny Dyer mounted print purely cos of the naughty greeting on it :rolleyes:

• Showmasters Admin

I have this prop book from one of the season 4 episodes of highlander the series, i got it at a charity auction at the first con i went to and was just going to stash it away then thought it would make a perfect autograph collection item so i now use it just for highlander related autos, i have over 30 in there so far.

there were 2 versions make , im still looking for the second version

hi KURGAN just somthing odd about that story ? was i the auctionern at the con were you got the book ?

i just remeber being at a hilander con around 10 years ago helping out and got the job of the auctionern and selling a book prop from the show was that the book you got if so small world mate let me know

jason

A rather naughty personalised autograph from Johnny Depp (which I wont go into on here) :D

you cant say that and not expand!!! :P

I wont go into specifics, but I told him the picture of him looked like something naughty was going on, and he referred to it in his dedication ;):wub:

I have a few works in progress really :-

Doctor Who : The Five Doctors paperback signed by ( so far ) :-

7 TV Doctors and one from the 1970s stage play ( Pat Troughton , Jon Pertwee , Tom Baker , Peter Davison , Colin Baker , Sylvester McCoy , Paul McGann and Trevor Martin ) - as you can see , it still needs Chris Eccleston and David Tennant - and is also signed by about 20 of the Doctors companions .

Large Doctor Who book signed by about 130 people from in front of and behind the scenes . Also another one signed by about 110 . And another one signed by about 50 , including 6 of the same 7 Doctors ( needs Sylvester McCoy as well as the new 2 ) .

I also enjoy adding to :-

Hellboy DVD signed by Guillermo Del Toro , Ron Perlman , Corey Johnson , John Hurt , Rupert Evans and David Hyde Pierce .

Alien DVD signed by Ian Holm , Yaphet Kotto , Veronica Cartwright , John Hurt and Harry Dean Stanton .

Life Of Brian DVD signed by Terry Jones , Terry Gilliam and Michael Palin .

Flash Gordon DVD signed by Sam J Jones , Melody Anderson , Brian Blessed and Richard O'Brien .

Then , there are :-

Blakes 7 pb signed by every main cast member ( all of the regular cast - the seven - that is ) .

Red Dwarf pb signed by all the crew(s) as well as both writers .

3 Lord of The Rings posters ( one for each film ) each signed by approx 20

Stargate poster signed by about 35

Books signed by nearly all of my favourite writers , including Stephen King , James Herbert , Clive Barker , Jeffery Deaver , Andy McNab etc

Not many are , to me , complete yet - I suppose I still want to collect so they aren't gonna be :WINCE:

My Firefly Cover signed by full cast, two recurring characters, one other character, the producer and Joss Whedon (oh and Nathan twice, lol)

that or my Summer Glau 10"8 signed "Hey Jonny, I want to be in your movie! xxx Summer Glau"

She was at the HVM signing after the world premier! i was v.lucky almost everyone i know is missing Gina... i even got to have a private giggle with Gina, Nathan took the DVD cover of her and i was like you already signed it, then she was like i think you already signed it, then he signed it again and we both laughed.

A rather naughty personalised autograph from Johnny Depp (which I wont go into on here) :D

you cant say that and not expand!!! :P

I wont go into specifics, but I told him the picture of him looked like something naughty was going on, and he referred to it in his dedication ;):wub:

now im REALLY jealous!!! :whistling::D

I met George Takei and was lucky enough to get my photo taken with him. It's currently phramed on my wall, but for the 1st time ever, it's coming out to be signed by the man himself!

I doubt he remembers, but t'll still be fantastic.

Afterwards, if my house burnt down, that'd be the 1 item I'd save.

Edit by QS: Please don't mention other events - thank you. :D

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Hmmmm well #1 is my Star Wars - Executor tin set Script book with over 90 autos from the cast of the OT

Jus need Lucas, Ford, McDairmid and Oz in it then I will be happy..

#2 Star wars cinema program signed and personalised by Sir Alec Guiness.. I wrote to him what a lovely chap.

#3 Original Mallrats script book with over 20 autos of cast and crew of the askew movies.. in Kevin Smith, Mewes, Jason "EARL" Lee and many more !

othe faves-- Alice Cooper ticket signed by THE MAN !!!

Orbital promo single signed by paul an phil Hartnoll

Topps trading card James Earl jones.

When harry met sally UK theatre programe. - Alison Hannigan and Luke Perry.

my list could go on for quite some time !

My favourite items would have to be:

An 8x10 from Planet of the Apes with Kim Hunter (as Zira, complete with full ape make-up) and Charlton Heston kissing. It's signed by both and is kind of romantic (in a way), and I love it).

8x10 very romantic shot of (and signed by both) Brandon Routh and Kate Bosworth as Superman and Lois (well, duh!)

8x10 very romantic shot of (and signed by both) Leslie Nielsen and Anne Francis from Forbidden Planet. Fantastic!

A very handsome vintage signed 8x10 of William Holden :wub:

A really gorgeous signed vintage framed (orig frame) 8x10 of Bette Davis

There are others, but those are my most treasured.

And the one that got away...

My mom once got a signed card of Elvis, and I know it was genuine, because she sold it at Sotheby's (or one of those auction houses) not long after he died. She got about £200.00 and thought she'd done well. I suppose it was a lot then, and she needed the cash, but when I think what it'd be worth now, I could cry. :wub:

I just wish I'd been old enough then to take an interest in autographs - I'd have convinced her to keep it for a while. Oh well...

Edited by Vanna

I have quite a few really treasured ones but will list a few;

Drew Barrymore on a gorgeous photo.

Elijah Wood personalised

Daniel Radcliffe

Mark Wahlberg

Matt Damon

Rupert Grint

Renee Zellweger

Leonardo DiCaprio

Emma Watson

All on photos. I have quite a few favourites, but those are just off the top of my head at the moment :wub: