Photoshoot backdrop

Deap

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it actually has a border round the print? so It would be part of the print and not part of the BG, If that is the case it sounds awful and totally distracting (plain boarders sometimes help to frame an image and draw the eye) not when a company uses it to advertise that's just arrogant. It not what i was getting at with my example though. can you show the image as an example? I would understand if you don't want to.

I would, but more than it being a case of me not wanting to, I can't as it was an event run by a different company so I'm not allowed to post it here - especially because of the big ugly border that names the event company, which is against the rules here!

I know it's not really what you were getting at, but I would feel the same way about a logo behind me reminding me where I was as I do about the border on the print - I feel it's uneccessary.

As for a different solid colour, I'm not keen on the idea of a white background, but other than that, I don't really mind. It doesn't have to be blue, I just like the idea of it being plain.

Edited by SerbianJanet

Ooh, I started posting about the photos with the border around them last night - then wondered whether I'd imagined them (never having had one myself) and scrapped it. Good to know it wasn't a dream!

I don't like the idea of white - too stark. But even that would be better than something with writing on.

If LFCC's anything to go by there will be a lot of people wearing their black Heroes t-shirts - so best to rule black out to eh?! Although, they do like quite nice, floating heads aside.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the problem with a themed backdrop is that it might be harder for the people to stand out. If you have splashes of colour all over the place, your eye is gonna be drawn to the background instead, and clothes might clash/get in the way, especially if someone has patterned clothing. And white would probably be an issue with lighting/flash.

I would have thought this too. But i recently went to an event with a backdrop which had lots of colour and writing on it, and actually to my surprise the photo was much better than the blue backdrop ones that i have. Another reason for this was is was done portrait, which ment you got more of yourself and the guest and alot less of the background. When i had a photo with brandon it was mainly just blue.

Another reason for this was is was done portrait, which ment you got more of yourself and the guest and alot less of the background. When i had a photo with brandon it was mainly just blue.

Let me say that I really hope they don't go the portait route here. Another event does, and I hate it, as I know a lot of others too too. I'm quite happy for my hips never to be seen in a photo, even more so when you're next to a tiny guest (it makes any size difference notice al the more). LOL

Another reason for this was is was done portrait, which ment you got more of yourself and the guest and alot less of the background. When i had a photo with brandon it was mainly just blue.

Let me say that I really hope they don't go the portait route here. Another event does, and I hate it, as I know a lot of others too too. I'm quite happy for my hips never to be seen in a photo, even more so when you're next to a tiny guest (it makes any size difference notice al the more). LOL

Yeah, I'll second that one. (I'm ok-ish from the waist up.) And with actresses it's really obvious. (Plus the fact they're all WAY shorter than me too.)

A few people seem to be criticising the example i posted due to the new BG colour being black or that Jack now looks stretched, please note it was just an example of themed backgrounds looking more interesting and more professional.

No, I saw what you were getting at, but since the background wasn't defocussed, it did distract. You also need to be careful with things like the tower of Big Ben; a bit either way and it would have looked like it was coming out of somebody's head. Similarly with the eclipse in the other poster's rendering; it looked dangerously like Hayden had a huge throbbing boil on her head :-)

What i was actually trying to convay was an example like the following

1487234.jpg

36Celebrity_Justice_.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.36.jpg

Each to their own; I think those look horribly tacky and tasteless (and that's not just because Paris Hilton is in one!) - that whole repetitive logo thing just looks like nasty unthinking advertising - "we'll just plaster our name up here twenty times". If there must be a logo on the backdrop (and I'm not sure there should), relatively small and discreet and just the one please, off to the side.

Perhaps the real challenge for a background is something that is suitably abstract so that it doesn't distract from the people, but upon reflection (if you'll pardon the phrase) does have an underlying connection or relevance.

Or plain blue is pretty OK otherwise. :lol:

Perhaps the real challenge for a background is something that is suitably abstract so that it doesn't distract from the people, but upon reflection (if you'll pardon the phrase) does have an underlying connection or relevance.

Exactly

I'm not a big girl, but when a photo is landscape and the bottom of the photo cuts across my chest, I look like I am! Portrait ones suit me better ;)

That is true, actually :D On most of my photos you just see a pair of chubby arms, a head, and two melons.

I'm not a big girl, but when a photo is landscape and the bottom of the photo cuts across my chest, I look like I am! Portrait ones suit me better ;)

That is true, actually :D On most of my photos you just see a pair of chubby arms, a head, and two melons.

Ha! Right there with you - I think that's why I like my photo with Brandon Routh. Yes, it's landscape, but you can barely see past my shoulders! Have never looked slimmer in a photo :P

I was just surfing through the threads here, and in the photo thread came across this picture:

f7e97145.jpg

to which I thought it'd actually be a really cool idea if we had Mohinder's map on the wall as a background, being as there's quite a few people (including myself) who are travelling from all corners of the earth to descend on this event. But, yeah, it's just a suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

plain background please! i don't want a photo that looks entirely different to the rest of my photo shoot photos, i try and keep them in order by show and because i scan and folder them on my mac by event it makes it fairly easy to keep track of.

but definitely plain background and portrait because im tallish but if im next to a tall male then i think they look odd in landscape plus it is technically a portrait photo unless there's a few people in it and then they're fine landscape

and now i'm babbling lol