Heroes Signing

BluebizzieB

Roxy I remember you and you did a great job! So did your colleagues. Thanks for bringing order to chaos :D

Meeting the Heroes guests was stressfull but very very nice and I don't think I will forget Adrian's wink too fast :dance:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i enjoyed meeting the cast.

Well done Showmasters Crew to making order to the chaos.

Both the crew and the cast must have looked terrified when the stampede was approaching them at 110MPH.

So thanks for a great 2 days although the last 2hours for me was not great.

Edited by BluebizzieB

Roxy I remember you and you did a great job! So did your colleagues. Thanks for bringing order to chaos :D

Meeting the Heroes guests was stressfull but very very nice and I don't think I will forget Adrian's wink too fast ;)

Thanks Jos, it's so nice to hear that and even though we do it because we love it it's good to know you're doing something right lol, kind of thing that makes it all worthwhile :dance:

Glad you got winked at by the lovely Adrian!

Yeah i enjoyed meeting the cast.

Well done Showmasters Crew to making order to the chaos.

Both the crew and the cast must have looked terrified when the stampede was approaching them at 110MPH.

So thanks for a great 2 days although the last 2hours for me was not great.

Lol yes, just to give you an idea I looked up at the first VQ ticket for Hayden and didn't look down again till no 600-odd by 10.40am.....

I must say, roxy was nice to my friend. I remember you now. =)

Thank you :D hope your friend got everything she needed :dance:

Edited by roxy

To be honest, although I really apprecaite seeing them all and getting my auto & photos, I think the numbers available should be a lot lower, then you would get a decent amount of time with the people and they wouldn't be so tired / stressed. I really apprecaite the gesture in trying to get something for everyone, but personally I think less is more and although people woudl loose out, if you went in knowing only 200 photos would be taken or 200 autos given, then if you don't get one, you don't get one, but if you queue early, pay the money & do get one, at least you have a brilliant experience as opposed to feeling rushed about.

Then you end up with loads of people complaining that they bought a ticket for the show just to get an autograph from Guest "X", but that they were so restricted that they didn't get one, and all those people who did get one were all talking to Gust "X" and taking their time, and if people had hurried them up a lot more of us could have seen them...

You can't win; you can't sell thousands of tickets for an event and then say that only a couple of hundred will be able to see the most popular guests - you'll have a riot!

To be honest, although I really apprecaite seeing them all and getting my auto & photos, I think the numbers available should be a lot lower, then you would get a decent amount of time with the people and they wouldn't be so tired / stressed. I really apprecaite the gesture in trying to get something for everyone, but personally I think less is more and although people woudl loose out, if you went in knowing only 200 photos would be taken or 200 autos given, then if you don't get one, you don't get one, but if you queue early, pay the money & do get one, at least you have a brilliant experience as opposed to feeling rushed about.

I agree ! They should have done less photo sessions (maybe 250 at maximum?) and they should

have signed a bit less. I know people will always say that then some people will not meet them. But

take Hayden as an example : she signed for 200 who were really happy to meet her and then signed

for 500 others who for the most of them could not even have a blink or a hi, so that makes 500 people

unhappy or not too happy with the experience. The thing is that some people do a lot of effort to have

a low VT number and see the guests in good conditions. People that arrive at noon and pay less for

their entry cannot expect to have the same experience. Well, that's my opinion.

I think that actors such as the Heroes people who are only there for one day, for whatever reason, should just do autographs. If you then limit them to say 500 and allow photos whilst in the queue, so long as this is properly posted somewhere people will have an understanding of what is going on. If, after they have finished signing for those ticket numbers there is still time, have an open queue. Many people get more than one item signed so it will likely still get into four figures for each actor for the number of things they have to sign.

Another way is to possibly reduce the number of things you can get signed for the really busy actors and limit it to say 2 per person - that way it might also allow personalisations for those who want them and not mean that the lines have to be suddenly rushed and rules changed because of the number of people still hanging around with tickets.

I personally feel that there should be different guidelines for the actors who are only there one day and are likely to be as busy as the Heroes actors were.

Elaine

Anywho, so then a while after, could get in the que for Milo, about 4:45 and by that time no personalisations which was fair enough. But a crew member pushed infront of me, between my niece and I. And she got a kind of personalisation

If a crew member pushed in front of you to get an autograph, you really should have complained there and then at the infmation booth. And if they asked for personalisation as well (you don't actually say that they asked for it, so they maybe blameless in that respect, that's also out of order. if you complain at the time, there's a chance they might be able to identify them, so words can be had. Plus from the sounds of it, complaining at that point might have been quite cathartic for you!

The ignorant steward who was looking after the area off to the side of Adrian's queue. People were attempting to take photos, but he kept leaning back on the barriers to get in their way and then kept telling people not to lean on the barriers. The only time it wobbled was when he kept walking up and telling people to move. Not once can I recall him saying please, nor did he say we couldn't take photos yet insisted on constantly moving into shot - doing that just means that people get irate when they don't need to and also stand there for longer than they need to trying to take a photo around people.

He was an idiot ! No inter-personal skills whatsoever - just kept sort of spreading his arms out and shuffling sideways up and down that "wall". He actually spoke very little (let alone say please) which just made him all the more annoying. And if people the other side of the wall want to talk to a mate IN the queue, that's ok !!!!

I think, to be fair to the guy if it's who I think it was, he was a newbie crew member. And I guess us more experienced crew at doing that sort of thing might have handled it a little differently. But then us more experienced crew were dealing with the madness of the queues (well, until 1.30 in my case anyway - the joys of a half day :D). Everyone has to start somewhere and learn somehow, and none of us (crew or visitors) are perfect.

Roxy, you also forgot to mention that there was a large number in the crew who weren't able to get autographs with teh Heroes cast because they busy working in other places and couldn't get to the signing.

You're right, that's pretty much what my *edit* was about.....I didn't get a chance to meet them myself and I know quite a few other crew who didn't as it was an extremely busy day and work was the priority. That's why I can only hope they'll be back at somepoint, so we and all the other people who couldn't make it to the event/had to leave early will get another chance to have the pleasure of seeing them.

My overall feelings on the day were that it was awful. We bought the Early Bird tickets but were in quite a queue even at 8.40am. We got let in at 10am and people were all chaotically running to get tickets for the autographs (which was a terrible mess of a crowd). They could have handed the numbers out on entry, which may have slowed getting inside down but resulted in a lot less hassle indoors.

My friend had number 500 for Hayden, I believe, at 10.30am. What was the point it us buying an Early Bird ticket?

Because without one you wouldn't have got in before 11am?

There are two types of admission tickets - regular and early bird. If hundreds or thousands of people buy an early bird ticket, and arrive to queue before you, then obviously you're going to have a bit of a wait to get in; you can't process a thousand people through the door immediately.

It wasn't really the queue to get indoors itself that bugged me. It was just the collecting numbers/stampede part that annoyed me - basically external inadequecies. However, some sort of orderly plans for handing out the autograph numbers would have been more helpful. I am fully aware that the wait for autographs, mad rushes and queues were unavoidable, but after the last 3 days and alot of money it's no surprise that people would wish to voice their complaints.

I feel now I had high expectations and to leave with a photo was all I could have expected for all of the money and travelling.

I am, however, looking forward to Eclipse. I feel the location and limitation of tickets will enable people a better chance of getting what they hope for.

Edited by Lenatalia

The ignorant steward who was looking after the area off to the side of Adrian's queue. People were attempting to take photos, but he kept leaning back on the barriers to get in their way and then kept telling people not to lean on the barriers. The only time it wobbled was when he kept walking up and telling people to move. Not once can I recall him saying please, nor did he say we couldn't take photos yet insisted on constantly moving into shot - doing that just means that people get irate when they don't need to and also stand there for longer than they need to trying to take a photo around people.

He was an idiot ! No inter-personal skills whatsoever - just kept sort of spreading his arms out and shuffling sideways up and down that "wall". He actually spoke very little (let alone say please) which just made him all the more annoying. And if people the other side of the wall want to talk to a mate IN the queue, that's ok !!!!

I think, to be fair to the guy if it's who I think it was, he was a newbie crew member. And I guess us more experienced crew at doing that sort of thing might have handled it a little differently. But then us more experienced crew were dealing with the madness of the queues (well, until 1.30 in my case anyway - the joys of a half day :unsure:). Everyone has to start somewhere and learn somehow, and none of us (crew or visitors) are perfect.

It doesn't matter if he's a newbie crew member or not as manners from someone carrying out that sort of job should be a requisite. There was no explanation of why we couldn't stand there, just a lot of arm waving and constant moving in and out of the line of cameras. Fair enough if he hadn't been told why he had to keep that area clear, but he could still say please and thank you, and even explain he wasn't sure why he was doing what he was doing.

As someone who has been a steward at many conventions I have always found that a smile and please/thank you goes a lot further than a scowl. You are not inclined to take any notice of a person who is being rude to you, but are inclined to be rude back.

The other stewards I had a reason to speak to were under a lot more stress than he was yet they still managed to be professional and polite - they included the stewards at the top of Hayden's and Adrian's queues and also the guy at the front of Jack's queue.

Elaine

I got low VQ tickets for all the Heroes guests (between 90 - 130) so i was lucky enough to see them early in the day and have to say i really enjoyed meeting all of them, obviously it was a bit disappointing that you couldn't take photos of them while in the queue or when they were signing but hey what can you do.

Hayden ~ thanked her for attending said how great i thought the show and her character was, she looked up giving me a huge smile that melted my heart and said thank you

Jack ~ he spilt a bottle of water just prior to me getting to his desk but it didn't ruffle him at all, just had a laugh about it

Milo ~ had a pretty good chat, asked him about season 2 but he wouldn't tell me nothing so not to spoil it, we also chatted briefly about his appearance in Fergie's music video and how hot she was

Adrian ~ talked more about Near Dark which i think was something different for him; we both agreed that the upcoming remake would not be as good as the original!

I would also like to thank Roxy, we had a little chat about Adrian when i was at the end of Hayden's queue, Roxy wanted me to ask Adrian about a movie called Cookie???? i couldn't bring myself to do it thou, lol .... also the girl who was controlling the queue for Adrian for keeping us entertained, hopefully you'll bring your whip next time to keep us in check.

In fact all the crew did a good job.

great time :unsure:

Edited by stobbs

I would also like to thank Roxy, we had a little chat about Adrian when i was at the end of Hayden's queue, Roxy wanted me to ask Adrian about a movie called Cookie???? i couldn't bring myself to do it thou, lol .... also the girl who was controlling the queue for Adrian for keeping us entertained, hopefully you'll bring you whip next time to keep us in check.

In fact all the crew did a good job.

great time :unsure:

Lol bless you, I enjoyed the brief chat and it was lovely to meet you in person....and don't worry about Cookie, besides the fact that you had much more interesting things to talk about, the poor guy's probably forgotten/blanked that he'd ever made it! :dance:

Love that film, it's a nostalgic treasure :YAHOO:

Anywho, so then a while after, could get in the que for Milo, about 4:45 and by that time no personalisations which was fair enough. But a crew member pushed infront of me, between my niece and I. And she got a kind of personalisation

If a crew member pushed in front of you to get an autograph, you really should have complained there and then at the infmation booth. And if they asked for personalisation as well (you don't actually say that they asked for it, so they maybe blameless in that respect, that's also out of order. if you complain at the time, there's a chance they might be able to identify them, so words can be had. Plus from the sounds of it, complaining at that point might have been quite cathartic for you!

Lol. Well I didn't really pay much attention to her. I think she was a crew member anyway. She did ask for the kind of personalisation - well it was his character name as well as autograph.

I never complain to people I should. I just moan and annoy other people lol. Well I'm almost over it now. At least I got an autograph which is more than some people got. :-)

Jack ~ he spilt a bottle of water just prior to me getting to his desk but it didn't ruffle him at all, just had a laugh about it

I remember you - I was sat looking after Jack and we were trying to clear it up and were both getting dripped on from the water dripping through the table. Glad you managed to get your autographs ok.

I remember you - I was sat looking after Jack and we were trying to clear it up and were both getting dripped on from the water dripping through the table. Glad you managed to get your autographs ok.

oh yeah, you kept trying to get Jack to wipe the water of your leg lol :wub:

I was fortunate in that I managed to get autos from all of the Heroes guests and I did get Hayden to sign four things, so perhaps people were getting more from her than the other three, plus her long photo session in the morning put her behind as well.

My groan would be with some of the public, who had incredibly high numbers , but insisted in standing in front of Hayden's queue area and wouldn't move despite being 200, 300 plus higher than the number she was up to. The whole idea of the virtual queue tickets is you don't have to stand there, go look round the stalls, see another guest, get something to eat for goodness sake, rather than argue with the poor crew members who are asking you politely to come back later. O.K. if it's your first show , you may have thought that some how you would sneak in before your number was up, but once the crew member has asked you to move out of the way and to come back later, why carry on standing there ?

Yeah, I had a gripe with alot of the crowd people. If everyone just thought about being a little more considerate and patient (rather than stampeding into a mass) then it wouldn't have become so stressful.

Edited by Lenatalia

Well i was well happy to meet the Heroes guests, Adrian and Milo were more than lovely especially to my daughter and Jack too was great! We didnt get to meet Hayden till the end of the day tho and it was very short and sweet but she still said hello and how are you? so i was lucky to get that really when it was so busy! Cant wait to get my Milo and Adrian photo now! :(

:WAVE: Hi from a newbie on the forum.

I'm gonna post as much as I remember because it's such a blur and my swiss cheese brain ain't gonna work for long. :lol:

I've been to lots of similar things before but no to LFACC before. I had heard from people before that it was always busy so I went in forewarned and forearmed. I fully expected to walk away with nothing but was lucky enough to get to see all 4 in the end. By the way, if I hadn't seen them I had a cunning plan to make up for it. Spend some of your money with some smaller guests who have more time and then you still go away with happy memories of the day. I've done this once or twice before and it works!

I made a point of mainly not hanging around the queues when it wasn't my turn (after all there was so much else to get done and I wouldn't have got in the queue any quicker), although I have to admit to hanging around after 4.30 when I only had Milo left and it was getting close to the finish (and to my number - see below). Really sorry if I got in anyone's way, hopefully not.

Firstly, all the guests were polite. I knew they weren't going to have time to chat so was happy with what I got. Photoshoots with Hayden and Jack first. Got both back and they both look great. Hayden's photo was rushed but no probs. And wasn't she just stunning in that red dress! :poki:

Adrian was first signing and was great - can't really remember what was said but remember a nice smile and a handshake. And the girls were well jealous at work this morning!

Jack was second. I remember something about mumbling how tall he was (which I found out at the photoshoot). I said how you get so used to seeing someone looking a certain way and how he looked real different without his glasses and suit and he replied this was only the day he got to not wear a suit and I said he looked good in a suit and he said thank you. Great guy - real charmer with the ladies I reckon :P

Then it was the bonkers queue for Adrian and Milo's photoshoot. I've posted on that elsewhere so won't go into it. In the end, if we all get a reasonable photo in the post, then that's all that matters in the long run.

Then it was back to the signing queues. Got through Hayden's next. No time (but as i said didn't expect any). She was polite enough but did seem distracted (there seemed to be a lot of people sitting/standing behind her). By the way her distraction comes up in the FHM interview as well - don't forget she's only just 18, it's to be expected with anyone that age isn't it? I've got my autographs which is all that mattered (first name only but then who the hell can spell Panettiere anyway!) And I've got my signed FHM to bring out every time I meet a mate for the rest of my entire life... They are gonna be so jealous. :YAHOO:

(Sorry, that makes me sound like a dirty old man. I can't help the fact that she's a looker though :blink:)

Finally, I got to meet Milo. I am a bit scared to say this but I saw him at 4.58pm i.e. I made it by two minutes caused he stopped at bang on 5. Phew that was close... (Ducks as jealous females who missed out yesterday throw missiles in my direction). No time again (obviously). One little anecdote though. He signed and I moved away with a passing "Looking forward to seeing you in Season 2". He obviously heard. Suddenly he looked up at me and said "Possibly, maybe not". :clap: A wonderful moment. Right at the end of the day and he was no doubt completely exhausted and he was still a real trooper to think of that. Awesome.

The only other guest I got to see was Robert Englund. I know he's been around a few times but I hadn't had the chance to meet him before and what a great guy. We had a real long chat. I said I had kind of grown up with him (V came out when I was quite young maybe 10,12 and then obviously I saw Nightmare when I was old enough). He signed the photo with him and the girl from the first Nightmare (sorry can't remember name at the mo - Swiss cheese!). He said how she was even more beautiful now. Apparently she has two teenage kids and doesn't act anymore! He said that was criminal as the camera loved her so. Apparently she was at his wedding (sounded recent?) but had a difficult divorce from her husband? By the time I finally walked off I felt like he was a mate I had just met down the pub. Cool. Recommend you meet him someday. I definitely recommend seeing a "smaller" guest every time. Some of my best memories are with people you've probably never heard of.

Finally, I have gripes like everyone, but all of them have already been mentioned so I'd rather go for the positives:

All the guests I met - Great people. Bring them all back any time. I'll certainly be back at more LFACCs bank manager permitting!

To all the volunteers - I noticed many times how bloody hard you were working in amongst the chaos. Not all of you were perfect no doubt, but then you are only human after all! And facing all those people was not easy. I could never have done it! And lets face it some of us attendees are pretty scary! ^_^

Finally, I normally go to events with a mate but he had to chauffeur his parents on holiday so I was on my own. So to all the people I met and chatted to in all those queues when it comes down to it you are a damned good bunch of people on the whole. So give yourself a big pat on the back.

I live at work so probably won't be active on the forum, but just wanted to say thanks and write my memoirs of the day before I forget them.

PS For anyone who is interested I booked a ticket for Eclipse when I got home last night (Mastercard so rather complicated as discussed elsewhere but hope that the organisers can make sense of my notes). I don't know what number ticket I will get but I do know when I booked a room at Park Inn Hotel last night the guy on the phone said there were only 13 left (and no doubt they've all gone today!) So if anyone is a hot female and needs a bed for Friday and Saturday night just let me know ^_^

Cheers

Sir Jim.

Ok, well Hayden did not look at me or speak to me which pissed me off but then I understand it was a mad rush but I would have still liked some contact. Jack Coleman was cool but I just went all tounge tied and just asked him how he was. I did not even get the chance with Adrian or Milo but just said thankyou and they smiled. OH MY GOODNESS, they are gorgeous though, no wonder I went all shy. I really hope that they are invited back some time because I would like another chance. Dom was very rushed but it was so cool cos I thought, oh what the hell you only live once, and I told him that I had wanted to meet him for ages, and he signed my auto saying be good and be merry, then something else I could not read. He said that it was lovely to meet me and that was it. I am so happy cos I have wanted to meet him for ages. Ianto I totally looked like a mellon.