"HORROR BALL" - What's happening with it?

nicky

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so whys that buddy?

dont know if this makes it any better, but its a "performance" they will be made up as zombies playing, also with zombies walking about in the crowd. theatrical, not just music

hope that changes your view :WAVE:

Andy

That sounds like good fun. It's just the bands in the past always seem to have killed the party atmosphere and kind of stopped the flow of music but hopefully this one will be different!

live bands always seem to kill the Collectormania parties :thumbup: [/color]
I thought you liked Common Rotation...both times?

I did but not many others seemed to and they did go on a bit at the 2nd party. Then the music afterwards was rubbish too. There were so many complaints because the band seemed to stop the flow of the party and if it's not to your taste, you end up hanging around waiting for it to finish for about an hour. Also all those annoying people camped out on the dancefloor waiting to see CR. :YAHOO:

I just think live bands are a bit of a no-no if there isn't much other entertainment.

Edited by Spike's dream date

the band seemed to stop the flow of the party and you end up hanging around waiting for it to finish for about an hour.[/color]
...like zombies then, as I said. :P

Also all those annoying people camped out on the dancefloor waiting to see CR. :(
oh dear, first it's zombies and now it's groupies. :WINCE: Let's combine the two and call them zompies!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I hope it happens as I'm lookin g to do a vampire version of one of my characters for it.

Personally I'm not a fan of bands performing at parties. I think if they are to peform at all it should bhe at the begining to get people into the party mood and then leave the rest of the night to the disco. I'm a big fan of the disco so I would personally perfer one night dedicated to the bands and then one night for the disco.

so whys that buddy?

dont know if this makes it any better, but its a "performance" they will be made up as zombies playing, also with zombies walking about in the crowd. theatrical, not just music

hope that changes your view :YAHOO:

Andy

Will they be doing the dance from "Thriller" then as well :WINCE:

• 4 weeks later...

:band::band:

live bands always seem to kill the Collectormania parties :( [/color]
I thought you liked Common Rotation...both times?

I did but not many others seemed to and they did go on a bit at the 2nd party. Then the music afterwards was rubbish too. There were so many complaints because the band seemed to stop the flow of the party and if it's not to your taste, you end up hanging around waiting for it to finish for about an hour. Also all those annoying people camped out on the dancefloor waiting to see CR. :(

I just think live bands are a bit of a no-no if there isn't much other entertainment.

Oops i think I might have been camping once ;) Humble apologies - but I was not quite myself that night! Should anyone be interested though Common Rotation ARE back in the UK in November - after the C12isover blues set in

Wednesday November 7th

@ The Slaughtered Lamb

London

http://www.electroacousticclub.com/lambdirections.htm B)

Thursday November 8th

The Jug and Jester

Leamington Spa

Tel: 01926 425727 :dance:

Friday November 9, 7:00pm

Brel

Glasgow,

www.brelbarrestaurant.com

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=gb...mp;event=239470 :dance:

That was a bit of a shameless pimp. But on-topic! Kinda!! And it was Collectormania's fault they introduced me to my favourtie band. So SM - I blame you :wub: Am I excused? Aww go on

:band:

I heard the tickets are released about 2 weeks before the event.......

So maybe we have to wait another week or so >_<

Where did you hear this?

Usually ticket sales close about two weeks prior to the event. that would be cutting it pretty close.

However, at C11 some photo session tickets didn't go on sale prior to the show. So maybe the same happens with the Ball and you can get tickets at the event only.

Edited by Queen_Sindel