Opinions Please

richybee

I am thinking about inviting a few guests who have appeared on children's television in the past.

Are there any such guests from your youth (long lost in my case!) that you would like to meet at Autographica?

Thanks

Richard

I am thinking about inviting a few guests who have appeared on children's television in the past.

Are there any such guests from your youth (long lost in my case!) that you would like to meet at Autographica?

Thanks

Richard

Janet Ellis please!

Hello

I have some free time at the moment so I am just helping out a little for this show trying to get some guests along. I have a £3 phone card that gives me 460 minutes worth of calls to the USA so I am using it!

It's quite fun but getting people to attend the show is very difficult, so many factors involved.

Keep those suggestions coming please!

Hello

I have some free time at the moment so I am just helping out a little for this show trying to get some guests along. I have a £3 phone card that gives me 460 minutes worth of calls to the USA so I am using it!

It's quite fun but getting people to attend the show is very difficult, so many factors involved.

Keep those suggestions coming please!

Try this URL - might be a good guest : -

http://gov.ca.gov/interact#email

Hi Richard,

good idea.

I would like to suggest Inger Nilsson (Pippi Longstocking),Jon Provost (Lassie),David Cassidy(The Partridge Family),Luke Halpin(Flipper) and Ricky Schroder (Little Lord Fauntleroy,The Champ).

Best

Helmut

Thanks

Richard

Thanks Helmut and Anne for your excellent suggestions!

Mike, I am not sure Arnold Schwarzenegger's brief appearance in Rentaghost really counts.

We did have some potential guests lined up but as nobody has mentioned their names we will move on.

:pyth:

Edited by richybee

I'd like to meet the guy who played Treguard in Knightmare.

We did have some potential guests lined up but as nobody has mentioned their names we will move on.

You've only given people one day in which to post, surely that's not long enough? A lot of people only get to check the forums once in a while.

Janet Ellis please!

mmmmm Janet Ellis, she sure was a hottie back in the day :YAHOO:

tell you what Mike, with your suggestions of Janet, Raquel Welch and Lynda Carter we have extremely similar tastes in the ladies i.e. great taste!

Nicola Bryant is another from the past (Doctor Who) who i'm always glad to see at an event

Edited by stobbs

Janet Ellis please!

mmmmm Janet Ellis, she sure was a hottie back in the day ;)

tell you what Mike, with your suggestions of Janet, Raquel Welch and Lynda Carter we have extremely similar tastes in the ladies i.e. great taste!

Nicola Bryant is another from the past (Doctor Who) who i'm always glad to see at an event

Given those other requests, I'm surprised nobody has asked for Sally James...

Still pushing for James Garner. Does his role as the Grandfather in 8 Simple Rules qualify for Children's TV. Also, what about Sir Roger Moore who started his TV career in the children's series of Ivanhoe back in the 50's. As I've previously said, who knows what may be achieved if you play the UNICEF card. Getting both Sir Roger and James Garner together would also form a Maverick link from the 60's TV series of that name.

Also can't close without another plea for Clint Walker from the TV series 'Cheyenne' and also films such as The Dirty Dozen.

Janet Ellis please!

mmmmm Janet Ellis, she sure was a hottie back in the day :D

:D Agreed - Nicola Bryant was certainly the best thing about the Colin Baker years :) Some of those outfits were way too tasty for a kids programme! And judging from a quick google image search, she's still looking pretty good!

Just a pity she had to be part of the worst Who era. Sorry 'Colin', I'm sure you did your best etc., but I thought the CB years were absolutely appalling :( I'm not over-enthused by the new Who (it's OK in places) but it's 1000 times better than CB's time in the Tardis...

It would depend on what you class as the golden age of TV for me it would be John Noakes Val Singleon

Peter Purvis, also perhaps the voices from old cartoon series Wacky Races / Topcat /Atom Ant / for those of you are not of my age i apolagise but there are alot of people out there who will remember. :YAHOO::YAHOO:

It would depend on what you class as the golden age of TV for me it would be John Noakes Val Singleon

Peter Purvis, also perhaps the voices from old cartoon series Wacky Races / Topcat /Atom Ant / for those of you are not of my age i apolagise but there are alot of people out there who will remember. :YAHOO::YAHOO:

Well done prendy9160! The famous Blue Peter gang of three are willing to attend the show. Would anyone else like to meet them?

Peter Purvis, also perhaps the voices from old cartoon series Wacky Races / Topcat /Atom Ant / for those of you are not of my age i apolagise but there are alot of people out there who will remember. :hathor::borg:

Well done prendy9160! The famous Blue Peter gang of three are willing to attend the show. Would anyone else like to meet them?

I remember all of those - now showing my age but What about Play School or Play Away as well.

A

Sorry 'Colin', I'm sure you did your best etc., but I thought the CB years were absolutely appalling :hathor: I'm not over-enthused by the new Who (it's OK in places) but it's 1000 times better than CB's time in the Tardis...

If you check out the Big Finish CDs he's in I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. When he was on TV he was let down by the quality of the scripts, as proved by his performances in the audio CDs.

What about some of the early Grange Hill Cast??

By the way I'd like to meet Michaela Strachan and the Blue Peter team but not at Autographica maybe at a separate show like Cultmania or kidmania ??? - or failing that how about the next Manchester show seeing as there's only 1 guest so far!!

Kidmania! Fantastic idea!

I'm all for the Blue Peter lot (where's Lesley Judd???), but personally not Ms Strachan - too cheery :headscratch: .How about the Magpie team, How! team (old and new - Gazz Topp!), Tiswas, Going Live, Multicoloured Swap Shop...it could seriously be a big enough convention to fill Earl's Court on it's own :firedevil: