prices for the guests for LFCC

May I be the first Star Wars fan to thank you for keeping these prices so low Jason?

I got so annoyed to learn that a Birmingham show had decided to charge a premium rate for the same standard of guests.

As for their pricing scheme for wrestlers – 7 pounds! for a picture on your own camera!. What a joke!.

My sincere thanks. The force remains still strong in you. :YAHOO:

Speaking of which, how much was Billy Boyd at the last Showmasters event he did?

Ta

£15

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am very very pleased Harry Melling is only £10. For someone I have been wanting to meet for a long time, thats an amazing price!! :YAHOO::YAHOO::YAHOO: Will definitely be getting more than one auto now!!

Defo meeting him too matey - seeing as I completly missed him at the prem this week!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
DEEP ROY-----------------------------£15 2nd would Signing
Come again?

How comes Deep Roy, Chris Malcolm and Bronagh are 15 whereas the other Star Wars guests are tenner?!
Cos they have been in loads of stuff other than Star Wars...and not just as background/oneliner roles either.

I think they meant to put 2nd world signing, though second ever signing would probably sound better. It is slightly worrying that they've started making announcements this way as a London event I used to go to began doing this shortly before their events stopped being any good.

• Moderators

I think they meant to put 2nd world signing, though second ever signing would probably sound better. It is slightly worrying that they've started making announcements this way as a London event I used to go to began doing this shortly before their events stopped being any good.

What do you mean 'this way'? How early they are, or stating if they're first time signers etc?

Stating 'rare signing' or '2nd world appearance', etc. I may be wrong, but to my mind it's largely irrelevant whether they've signed before. What matters to me is whether they are people I would like to meet.

As to early announcements, I'm all for them as it means I can budget for the event more effectively.

It's great that the prices are up. I thought Patrick Stewart would be £25, I just hope that I get to meet him. I can't afford to stay in London, so I'll be traveling to the event both days from Harlow just to meet Patrick for my cast signed photo.

I can't wait for this event, it looks to be SM best one yet (big names wise)!

Thanks for posting the prices for most of the guests announced so far. Billy West is a fair price but I was expecting Diana Muldaur to be £15 instead of £20.

Edited by SunSpeed

All the guests I want, Bill Nighy, Louise Fletcher, Mads Mikkelsen & Patrick Stewert are all £15, £20 & £25. So i'm going to get a load of autographs from each guest, thanks SM :headscratch:

Edited by Kiwi 7

Thanks for posting the prices for most of the guests announced so far. Billy West is a fair price but I was expecting Diana Muldaur to be £15 instead of £20.

It seems to be the going rate for main cast Trek guests nowadays.

It seems to be the going rate for main cast Trek guests nowadays.

Personally I think it's a bit of a cheek for Diana Muldaur to be £20. But you're right, it is the going rate for them. And in fairness, she was also in 2 (yes, 2, count them) episodes of the Original Series. I will say though, well done SM on keeping the price for Patrick Stewart down. Frankly, you could easily have put him at £30 and got just as many punters!

On the subject of first time signings / rare / all the rest of it, I think you're all being a bit pedantic. Whilst this certainly won't be PS's first UK signing (I've met him in the UK before), he's certainly not common. I would call him rare any day of the week. When we're also talking about people like Dave Prowse (who will turn up and sign autographs at the opening of a public toilet) Patrick Stewart definitely qualifies as rare! :YAHOO::P

Remember that Diana Muldaur also was in L.A. Law, McCloud and a lot of movies. There will be several fans of other shows and movies, not just Star Trek, coming to see her (and ONLY her). So I don't think 20 pounds is that much money. But than again: I'm one of her greatest fans! :YAHOO:

Edited by Rosalind

Remember that Diana Muldaur also was in L.A. Law, McCloud and a lot of movies. There will be several fans from other shows and movies, not just Star Trek, coming to see her (and ONLY her). So I don't think 20 pounds is that much money. But than again: I'm one of her greatest fans! :YAHOO:

I must admit, I found her incredibly annoying in ST:TNG, and felt that she just didn't work on any level (obviously a lot of people agreed with me). But that's just one of those things - she's got a long & distinguished career behind her, without a doubt, including lots of good stuff. She seems to have retired now though - not suprising I guess, since she's nearly 70.

Remember that Diana Muldaur also was in L.A. Law, McCloud and a lot of movies. There will be several fans from other shows and movies, not just Star Trek, coming to see her (and ONLY her). So I don't think 20 pounds is that much money. But than again: I'm one of her greatest fans! :thumbup:

I must admit, I found her incredibly annoying in ST:TNG, and felt that she just didn't work on any level (obviously a lot of people agreed with me). But that's just one of those things - she's got a long & distinguished career behind her, without a doubt, including lots of good stuff. She seems to have retired now though - not surprising I guess, since she's nearly 70.

I was hoping for her to be £15 but expected her to be £20 especially as she hasn't signed in this country before and although she is know by a lot of people for Star Trek The Next Generation, Rosalind is right TNG is far from the only thing she is known for being in....

I must be the exception, as she was the person who played my favourite Star Trek character ever and I'm talking about TNG not TOS. I can understand why people didn't like her, she was a little 'in your face' so to speak, but for me she played the most realistic Doctor of them all.

I have been wanting to meet her for years, her autograph will defiantly be going straight up on the wall with the other main TNG cast. I wish she had stayed till the end of TNG rather then leaving after one season.

I just can't understand why so many people didn't like her in TNG. 1 or 2 people I could understand, but almost everyone I know didn't like her that much in TNG. :huh: Well each to there own.....

:chair:

LLAP :borg:

I just can't understand why so many people didn't like her in TNG. 1 or 2 people I could understand, but almost everyone I know didn't like her that much in TNG. :chair: Well each to there own.....

I think it was a combination of factors : -

Beverly Crusher was quite a well-received character from the 1st season

Pulaski's perceived hostility towards Data

The derivative nature of Pulaski's character (i.e. McCoy-lite)

But most of all there was no point to the character. She was only there to be 'irascible', most of the time being ill-tempered and rude for no apparent reason. Beverly on the other hand had a clear back story tied deeply into the fabric of the show, and played off well against Picard and Troi in particular. Also bear in mind the writers guild strike during Season 2 - some pretty poor shows fell off the conveyor belt during that season due to lack of writing talent, including (of all things) the dreaded clip-show. Anyway, this is ironic, since Muldaur is by far the better actress; McFadden just had better material and fit better with the team.

I just can't understand why so many people didn't like her in TNG. 1 or 2 people I could understand, but almost everyone I know didn't like her that much in TNG. :borg: Well each to there own.....

I think it was a combination of factors : -

Beverly Crusher was quite a well-received character from the 1st season

Pulaski's perceived hostility towards Data

The derivative nature of Pulaski's character (i.e. McCoy-lite)

But most of all there was no point to the character. She was only there to be 'irascible', most of the time being ill-tempered and rude for no apparent reason. Beverly on the other hand had a clear back story tied deeply into the fabric of the show, and played off well against Picard and Troi in particular. Also bear in mind the writers guild strike during Season 2 - some pretty poor shows fell off the conveyor belt during that season due to lack of writing talent, including (of all things) the dreaded clip-show. Anyway, this is ironic, since Muldaur is by far the better actress; McFadden just had better material and fit better with the team.

Years ago my mum said she had read (not to sure where) that Patrick didn't get on with Diana Muldaur and was one of the main reasons Diana Muldaur was replaced and was one of the main reasons Gates McFadden came back to the show. Would love to know if that was really true or not.

I'm just glad that someone finally got Diana to a show in the UK and hope that she is as nice as I imagine her to be

:chair:

LLAP :thumbup: