Latest Guest Announcement - Greg Grunberg

AmberB

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an extra as far as I know... apparently JJ has him as a mini role in most of his things... hence the pilot in lost lol

Yup, I heard it's just going to be a small part too, so I doubt it's something they can't reschedule (if he's already needed to begin with).

Sure, but I doubt Grunberg is going to ask JJ Abrams to reschedule his filming in a $160m movie so he can attend a signing event in a Milton Keynes shopping centre!

My view of it that Grunberg will pretty much drop everything when JJ asks him to - and with good reason in fairness, that particular friendship has built a career for him....

Just an extra as far as I know... apparently JJ has him as a mini role in most of his things... hence the pilot in lost lol

Yup, I heard it's just going to be a small part too, so I doubt it's something they can't reschedule (if he's already needed to begin with).

Sure, but I doubt Grunberg is going to ask JJ Abrams to reschedule his filming in a $160m movie so he can attend a signing event in a Milton Keynes shopping centre!

My view of it that Grunberg will pretty much drop everything when JJ asks him to - and with good reason in fairness, that particular friendship has built a career for him....

Uhm okay.... Calm down. It's probably just a cameo or something, I just meant to point out that this likely won't be something he's needed for the first day/week they start shooting.

Yvonne, I just saw your message: Yes I am unexpectedly going! I booked my plane last week :YAHOO: What about you?

Edited by Zarina

Uhm okay.... Calm down.

Lol I am calm! :P:YAHOO:

All I'm saying is that given the choice, he'll always go with JJ. My suspicion is that early filming will be done for those with bit parts, establishing scenes, alien ships being blown up by a mysterious force, etc. I'll bet that Grunberg will be an Alien, in 5 hours worth of makeup, and will get blown away in the first 3 minutes of the film :)

Uhm okay.... Calm down.

Lol I am calm! :P:YAHOO:

All I'm saying is that given the choice, he'll always go with JJ. My suspicion is that early filming will be done for those with bit parts, establishing scenes, alien ships being blown up by a mysterious force, etc. I'll bet that Grunberg will be an Alien, in 5 hours worth of makeup, and will get blown away in the first 3 minutes of the film :)

Sorry I thought you were mad at me or something while I had simply phrased my thoughts wrongly :\ I think that if/when Greg cancels (and it seems likely he does, alas) there's other obligations (talkshow mentioned, extra shooting for Heroes perhaps) and not ST as it hasn't even started filming yet and Greg is not a lead in it. Then again, I didn't know they might shoot those small part earlier, as I haven't heard anything from J.J. starting filming already.

As for an alien, maybe, all I know is that he's expressed interest in playing an evil character :unsure:

and i hope he is coming one day, that`s better then not coming right.

and yes zarina i`m olso coming.

can you email me then with your flight company, maybe we can fly togheter.

do you have space at hotel room, or not.

i now offtopic sorry

and i hope he is coming one day, that`s better then not coming right.

and yes zarina i`m olso coming.

can you email me then with your flight company, maybe we can fly togheter.

do you have space at hotel room, or not.

i now offtopic sorry

I'll send you an e-mail

/back on topic

Simon pegg is goin to be in the new star trek film as Scotty. FACT

Thanks that was announced in the Star Trek section about a week ago.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=35249

wow that was even more random!

I'd just like to know about Greg now, cos its £20+ I could put somewhere else... but I need to know first lol

• Showmasters Admin

Apologies for not responding to this sooner - Greg's agent is currently flying home after being away over the weekend, making him incommunicado until later today. Once we can reach him again, we will check with him what the current situation is; actor's schedules are extremely fluid and can change rapidly. Yes, we have been informed that other committments will impact on Greg's appearance at the show - however we are still trying to find out if he will be able to attend for part of the show, or if he will need to reschedule. Normally we wouldn't comment until we knew for sure what the situation was, but thanks to Mark coming on here to comment before we have had official notification, we felt we should respond to clarify the current situation and stop people from unduly worrying. As usual, you will know when it is official.

Jason, sorry, I didn't mean to get you or Greg or anyone else in trouble. It's just that I travel from overseas for this kind of thing, usually bringing a lot of stuff from friends all over the world (e.g. I just received a FedEx-ed TCM poster for Tobe Hooper that I'll now have to send back unsigned), so I feel the need to know about cancellations as soon as possible.

The person I spoke to about Greg is in fact the same agent you are reffering to (as I worked with him over the weekend) and he told me he would be unable to bring Greg to the show. According to my information, the agent is currently in the office, so give him a call.

No offence was meant. Next time, I'll run my info by you first. Apologies, SM fans.

no offence either but you do upset people when you come on here and just say things without knowing all the facts,

And that is a waste of my time and yes, you should talk to me before coming on here and just saying things as there is always a good reason for either saying something official or not saying anything at all

Now to undo what you have done

Mr Lo is Greg's agent and a close friend of mine. He did tell me that Greg can not come to the event and we talked about rescheduling him which he went back to Greg on

"BUT" in the meantime one of Greg's friends contacted me direct to say that he may be able to come but not for the full 3 days and we are now going over what days he can do and if the production will be ok with the schedule we are talking about AND THAT IS WHERE WE ARE NOW

So sorry to have to leave you all in the lurch like this but things like this do happen and they normally get sorted out with out anyone knowing or having to worry

We will let you all know when they get back to us

Also Mark, please in the future ask me first before you tell everyone on here that you think someone is not coming. Its not helpful and it makes our job much harder. Okay?

To everyone else, thank you for understanding and we look forward to telling you all some good news

Jason

Thanks for the update! :D I hope it works out. I completely understand why you don't want this stuff spreading, it's made me nervous now even though there's nothing I can do about it. I'd rather have not read the thread!

Edited by Psychosis

I completely understand why you don't want this stuff spreading, it's made me nervous now even though there's nothing I can do about it. I'd rather have not read the thread!

My thoughts exactly.

Thanks for the update Showmasters, *crosses fingers*

i hope he is there saturday as its the only day i can go. mind you he will cost me a fortune lol

I hope showmasters will be able to keep him in the line up and persuade him to try and do sat and sun :)

Jason and the rest of the team have u heard anything from his agent as yet?

Mike

As the days the guests are attending are now posted on the website does it mean the issue regarding the days Greg can attend have now been resolved?

Greg was announced Sat & Sun a while back - I'd guess that this isn't an indication of what's happening right now.

As the days the guests are attending are now posted on the website does it mean the issue regarding the days Greg can attend have now been resolved?

Greg was announced Sat & Sun a while back - I'd guess that this isn't an indication of what's happening right now.

It was on the forum but over the weekend it appears the actual showing dates have been posted on the main website hence my question. Usually when when they have been announced on the website it usually means the days that they WILL attend but due to the issue regarding if Greg can attend or not it gives the indication that he can.

Any idea's what's happening here anyone?!

Yeah I like to know too. It's been 5 days since the initial reply from Showmasters and while I've seen they're busy because a lot has been going on around the forum it's onyl a few more days until the event and I really like to know more about Greg's appearance, alternate schedulling or cancellation (of course, preferally not the latter, but that's beyond their control) :\