SFX Magazine to attend C11 with Special Promotion

showmasters

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SFX is a really good magazine, but I live in the Netherlands and unfortunately it is very expensive over here. I don't think it will be possible for non-UK visitors to get a subscription for three months, but maybe I will just buy the goodies bag.

They said on the first page that they're "not fuzzed where you come from." So I guess that should be no problem.

• Showmasters Admin

Will it be possible to get an extra autograph from Sophie (at a cost) or is it strictly one per customer?

I think that's something you'll need to ask the SFX guys/gals on the day.

Will it be possible to get an extra autograph from Sophie (at a cost) or is it strictly one per customer?

But since they have been frequenting this topic I thought I'd ask in advance since the extra item I want signed is a copy of her book and I don't want to be lugging it to MK if I don't need to, so if any of the SFX guys or gals can answer my question in advance it would be much appreciated, be it affirmative or negative.

I think that what David has asked is very important - what happens after the 3 months is up? Do you then go over to a normal subscription? What kinds of details will you have to give to sign up for the subscription - credit/debit card details? I've seen similar kinds of schemes where once the offer period is over, it's extremely difficult to cancel a full subscription.

Does anyone else feel as though this offer is a bit too good to be true? After all it doesn't make good business sense for SFX to just give away 3 magazines for a £1, which would have a retail value of £12 + a free autograph (worth £10) plus other items. There must be a catch.

There's no catch - I've done it with other magazines in the past, 3 issues for a pound. You do have to give them your bank details normally so that they can set up a direct debit for after the 3 months but if you phone up and cancel the subscription or cancel your direct debit then that is normally okay.

The idea is that you'll like it so much that you'll stay subscribing. I actually did it with one magazine 3 times in 2 years!!

Nice to see SFX rising to the challenge of a new rival publication.

What the new publication then?

ScifiNow its greaat and its from the people who do DVD Review.

i will be nice to see you guys again its been a long time since that last event of yours

Did you attend the first in Blackpool. Has anyone started reading scifinow?

i didn't i went to the second and third one

Second London I was crewing and that was my last crewing until sm tempt me out of retirement

• Showmasters Admin

But since they have been frequenting this topic I thought I'd ask in advance since the extra item I want signed is a copy of her book and I don't want to be lugging it to MK if I don't need to, so if any of the SFX guys or gals can answer my question in advance it would be much appreciated, be it affirmative or negative.

Fair enough. Hopefully they'll answer you.

Nice to see SFX rising to the challenge of a new rival publication.

What the new publication then?

ScifiNow its greaat and its from the people who do DVD Review.

Thanks. I've not heard or seen that mag.

Have to keep a eye out for that to see if it's any good

Edited by jediwarrior

Fingers crossed :whistling:

Hello,

Bring the book and we'll get it signed no probs. If you dont want to lug it around then we can keep it safe for you untill you wabt to leave the show.

Cheers

Ade

SFX MAGAZINE

Many thanks to you all for comments. We just wanted to respond to all your queries as follows.

This offer isn’t too good to be true…we are seriously offering 3 ISSUES FOR ONLY £1! Along with your free goody bag, t-shirt and signed autograph! This is when you pay by direct debit, so your bank details will be needed on the day. After your first 3 issues, which is actually 4 as you get to take an issue away with you on the day, you will then continue to save a further 31% off the cover price and pay only £8.94 per quarter. So you still get to make a huge saving!

You can cancel up to 60 days after you have subscribed and get a full refund for any unmailed issues…so this is the perfect opportunity to trial the best Sci Fi mag on the planet!

The offer of 3 issues for £1 is available only to new UK subscribers. The free gifts are available to anyone who subscribes from the Friday to the Monday.

If you are from overseas then we will be offering you the chance to subscribe and still make a saving. You can pay by credit card, cheque or cash. The prices are as follows:

Europe - £48.00

USA / Canada - £66.00

ROW – 360.00

In regards to anyone worrying about not getting hold of Sophie’s autograph. She will be signing some overs, so anyone who doesn’t get one out of Saturday, will be sent one in the post after the event closes. This will be on a first come first served basis over the days, so make sure you visit SFX first when you arrive.

Hope this answers all your queries.

Many thanks

Adrian

SFX MAGAZINE

sounds good! but I'm not sure about this 60day thing, does that mean you have to cancell your subscription before you get the 3 issues posted out? and if you don't, you can't cancell until a full paid (£8.94) quater is over? also are these the cool issues that don't have words on the covers?

sorry if it seems I'm trying to get my moneys worth out of the freebies/discounts and cancell but, hey, student :D also there are just SOO many sci-fi mags out there, even another new one now as some one has already mentioned, and only ever a few articles in each mag per issue that ever interest me :YAHOO: I think you guys down at SFX need to feature CSI and other shows from the genre too! that would certainly get me interested :YAHOO:

surfy sah xx

Fingers crossed :angel:

Hello,

Bring the book and we'll get it signed no probs. If you dont want to lug it around then we can keep it safe for you untill you wabt to leave the show.

Cheers

Ade

SFX MAGAZINE

Thanks a lot, that's very good of you, I'll see you on the Saturday!

Martin