Series "3" Doctor Who

BrandinsChick

No, both good.

The Macra made me go "ZOMGYAYOLDSCHOOL!", making me quite happy.

And I think Doctor Who needs more kittens. They're cute.

The episode was pretty good, to be honest. Although I have to wonder why the Doctor didn't use his respiratory bypass system (as referenced in The Two Doctors, amongst others) to go through the smog, it would have made a lot more sense.

Also: Boe's message was predictable.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched it, and the Face Of Bo's message was predictable when we saw him last time.

I said then, that when the Doctor and him meet again , and Bo dies, he would reveal the existence of another time lord.

So, I now think that the underlying plotline to this season of Doc Who, is the revelation of another Timelord, or possibly even Gallifrey itself.

I'm even wondering if in some way, the fact that Captain Jack makes a return this season will tie in with it all somehow

hi, sorry to butt in, but who wants to place any bets on what the new timelord is gonna be like? (if there is one) i'm betting young (looking), slim, pretty, and totally like david tennants doctor, and he is torn between moving on and falling for the new timelords, or hold out hope that rose might some day be able to come back.

any thoughts?

Just seen Daleks in Manhattan - OH MY GOD !!! This third series just gets better and better and better ! When the Doctor grabbed Telullah in the corridor and covered her mouth to shut her up because the Dalek was coming, this 31 year old fanboy very nearly soiled himself.

It's been a looooooong time since I did that because of a telly show ;)

Yeah it was cheesy in places, but that's Dr Who's perrogative - not to say tradition !! It's about time telly's current retro obsession came up with something THIS good ......

Edited by dufresne

Now this is an example of the BBC at their best, when they actually invest in making a proper show, rather then knocking out another ' House makeover programme'

The reference to Skaro as well, totally blew me away, and when the daleks referred to the emperor, I had this wild thought that maybe Davros was going to be re-introduced!!

The attention to detail to recreate 1930's New York was just awesome, though at points I had my doubts about some of the accents used..

The fact that the Doctor and the Daleks have not yet interacted as well, was a nice touch, as I thought this actually increased the suspense until next week!

Can't wait to see part 2

yeah (and this is just some crazy idea, and not i repeat NOT a spoiler), and she could start out as just a normal girl, but then it could slowly be revealed over the season the she is a timelord. and the master? well, he could kidnap the new timelord and martha and the doctor would have to choose between saving the timelord and martha, but then there could be a massive fight and drawn out battle between the doctor and the master and the doctor wins and then the doctor could fall in love with the timelord-lady and kiss her and then martha would get really jelous but then learn to accept the new timelord into the time-travelling facts of life and then i could shut up cos i've just realised that i talk WWWWWAAAAAYYYYY too much

bye bye

luv Sabina J. xXx

um. it seems to be just me thats not enjoying this new series too much then. the first episode...um was ok. second episode I enjoyed. I missed last weeks but doesn't look like I missed much after seeing this weeks. I don't know why but just not enjoying this series as much as the last. And its not because of Martha, cause I actually like her but I'm hoping its gonna get better

I'm not too overwhelmed with enthusiasm for this series either, Aragorn's_Princess. I can't put my finger on what it is, exactly, but I just feel a bit meh. The second ep is my own particular favourite - and for me there have been a lot of good moments, at least.

thats exactly it, meh! sums it up. I am loving being able to watch The Tennant on tv again but I don't know what it is just not as good as last season. The 2nd episode was by far the best, but did love the moment with the doctor and the face of boe...although I think we all knew what he was going to say the last time we saw him in New New York! I love the fact they have n't let Rose's name "die" though, its so emotionally charged between the dr and martha. Please let it improve!

it really is a bit meh, isn't it? There is something about it that's not sitting right at the moment (and I agree it's nothing to do with Martha, I like her!). I think I may have to re watch some to see if I cant work it out.

I think the last one because it was less charged and action-y as your standard Dalek episode usually is (ok so neither was Dalek in series one really but that had a whole other angle to it that made it good).

This weekends ep looks a bit more promising from what little I've seen of it (read the trailer after last weeks ep!) so I'm hoping it'll start to get a better feel to it.

I'm still waiting for the story that's going to knock The Empty Child of my New Who top spot. :chair:

So far season 3 is decent butnot sure who's a better companion,

For some reason i prefer martha jones :D

But the next episodes after the 'Lasarus experiment'

Here's a trailer - http://youtube.com/watch?v=zowsoJaK8ZU

Oh no, what have BBC done, were gonna have to wait two week's because of that dam eurovision song contest.

Not to jump to conclusions but more people watch it in england than the eurovision.

And even if i'm wrong, why dont they put it on BBC 2.

It's practicly empty!

Edited by Colonel kentucky

I was quite disappointed in the GGI work in the last episode - it's been done better before. Thought the trailer was cool - did my eyes play a trick or did I see a white tardis?? (belonging to who I wonder??).

Damn eurovision though I had to explain to my 4 year old (who is currently mad on doctor who) that it wasn't on this week. He has currently rechristened saturday as doctor who day!!

I was quite disappointed in the GGI work in the last episode - it's been done better before. Thought the trailer was cool - did my eyes play a trick or did I see a white tardis?? (belonging to who I wonder??).

Damn eurovision though I had to explain to my 4 year old (who is currently mad on doctor who) that it wasn't on this week. He has currently rechristened saturday as doctor who day!!

Terrible about that.

The thing is, eurovision starts at 8 o'clock, Doctor who starts at 7 o'clock (normally) and is only on for

45 minutes, so if you do the maths, that leaves 15 minutes spare so i dont see no problem in fitting in

Doctor Who.

God damn them!

Edited by Colonel kentucky