Hotel Room Prices for RingCon

showmasters

*whistles* Wow, you really did have a whole rigmarole getting a booking. At least it got sorted though, and they gave you a free upgrade and all that to 'apologise'. I'm just glad though, that I've got my room sorted now - can you imagine what it's going to be like nearer the time when they start to get large amounts of people phoning in to make bookings.

And I have to laugh - my reservation has named me as a 'Mrs'. Now, if I've been married off without my knowing it, I'd appreciate knowing who it is - hope he's good looking. :P

Your right I'm just glad I hung on in there, although it was sooo tempting to go elsewhere for a room but I guess sometimes you just have to take a risk and cross your fingers it pays off!

Congratulations on your mysterious wedding!! I'm sure it will be a blonde gorgeous elf! Your right though, it would be nice if at least your husband told you! :D

Tell you what, depending on how good the upgrade is it's party all round in my room! :angry:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what, depending on how good the upgrade is it's party all round in my room! :angry:

Awesome. That said, I'm hoping that some other members of a website I'm on will be attending this as well. It's likely that if they do, I'll still be the only person in the Radisson (looking at talk on the forums) so I'll have a mass room invasion anyhoo. Could get cosy.....lol.

But :D to having rooms sorted out - all we need now are meal tickets. *nods*

GG, totally with you on that holding in there and just hoping, had the same kind of problems (though not as serious and certainly without the upgrade...VERY NICE!! WELL DONE!) Got my confirmation email over the weekend and am totally ready to PARTY! :angry:

Ealena, I'll go halves on the confetti with GG for the blind wedding that the radisson have given you! :D

Confetti? Awesome. Well, I vote GG for Head Bridesmaid and you FLM can give be best man to the random man I've been fobbed off onto.

I say we demand a wedding cake out of the Radisson. :angry:

Just to keep this on topic, it wasn't a case of "holding out", for the rest of us...we did hold out..for 3 months until we got the authorisation code from SM's...it was incompetence on the hotels part, plus part vague instructions on SM's part, (not having been told to ask for a business manager etc etc if we were told there were no vacancies, or in fact that there were pre-booked rooms)...we can only take the word of the people we are talking to as you would assume they would know what vacancies their hotel has..don't you think?

I'm happy you got your rooms, really I am..but it doesn't make any of us who have had problems, feel any less disappointed for ourselves.

Edited by Strider

OK but I reckon your going to have problems getting the One Ring of FLM when it comes to the vows!!

You know I found out something really funny just now - the company that I work for gets discount with the Radisson group! Oh dear life's such a laugh! :angry:

Just to keep this on topic, it wasn't a case of "holding out", for the rest of us...we did hold out..for 3 months until we got the authorisation code from SM's...it was incompetence on the hotels part, plus part vague instructions on SM's part, (not having been told to ask for a business manager etc etc if we were told there were no vacancies, or in fact that there were pre-booked rooms)...we can only take the word of the people we are talking to as you would assume they would know what vacancies their hotel has..don't you think?

I'm happy you got your rooms, really I am..but it doesn't make any of us who have had problems, feel any less disappointed for ourselves.

I do understand that, and yeah, I would expect staff to be aware that they are going to get a lot of bookings for an event on set dates, and know about authorisation codes and everything, WITHOUT having to demand to speak to a business manager.

I will agree; if I had had to book elsewhere, for the simple need of having to book somewhere and the Radisson being unorganised (to put it nicely), then yes, I would be disappointed; especially in your case, where it is impossible to cancel without losing money.

Strider I think we all know how annoyed everyone is with SM -stop flogging the horse it's long dead! And as for this "we did hold out... for 3 months", I KNOW! I was waiting to! I'm sorry you had problems but if you read my earlier posts it wasn't smooth sailing for me either, I had over £200 debited from my account from radisson because they got the date wrong and charged me as a "no show" - but you don't hear me complaining! Why? Beacause when you're dealing with human beings mistakes happen! I can't honestly think that repeatedly complaining makes anyone (including yourself?) feel any better in the long run. At least everyone's got somewhere to stay and the most important thing is the event itself, not where you lie unconscious :angry: for 6-8 hours every night.

When I think about another show I really don't want to think about hotels! Who does? What about meeting the stars? Being amongst other fans? Buying great merchandise? New memories? Seriously Strider I'm going to pester the hell out of you until you admit defeat and smile :D !!

Edited by GondorGirl

6 hours sleep? That's being a bit optimistic don't ya think? lol.

Well I can't argue with that Ealena, you've got me there! how about 3-4 hours? :angry: lol!

3-4 is nearer to a normal night for me, so *nods* Sounds good. :D

just wondered does anyone know how much a room per night with the code it was...

havent read all the posts sorry!

Andrea x

Hi Andrea,

I got quoted £69 for a single room per night and £84 for a double room per night. Hope that helps!

What nights can you get the discount for? We had already booked a room from Thursday to Monday, and the price being quoted here isn't that much less for ther Friday Saturday and Sunday night than it is without the code (£94ish). It's the Thursday night I would like a discount for....its almost twice the price of the weekend nights!!

R x

Edited by Lady_Tinania

I would assume the code is for the dates of the convention only, but *shrugs*, best wait to ask SM that, or just ring the hotel and ask.

That said, I was looking on tripadvisor.com, and I'm a tad bit worried now, because of all the lousy reviews the Radisson has been getting.

As far as i was aware its only for the weekend but give it a try!!

Ealena, I also read tripadvisor and was a little worried too until reading indepth and realising that most of the people moaning have severe jetlag and believe me when you feel like that EVERYTHING feels bad!! Also there were people moaning on about taxi prices etc, basically stuff out of the hotels control!! complete moaners as far as I can see! :blush:

Rosie, glad you finally saw sense and joined us all!!! :dance:

Edited by frankslittlemachine

What nights can you get the discount for? We had already booked a room from Thursday to Monday, and the price being quoted here isn't that much less for ther Friday Saturday and Sunday night than it is without the code (£94ish).

Well if you're looking at £94 down to £69, then you're looking at a saving of more than 25%. And as prices go, it's pretty good for a high-end hotel serving the main airport of a western capital city.

It's the Thursday night I would like a discount for....its almost twice the price of the weekend nights!!

Welcome to the pricing of business (rather than holiday) hotels. :blush:

Ealena, I also read tripadvisor and was a little worried too until reading indepth and realising that most of the people moaning have severe jetlag and believe me when you feel like that EVERYTHING feels bad!! Also there were people moaning on about taxi prices etc, basically stuff out of the hotels control!! complete moaners as far as I can see!

Tripadvisor does need to be taken with a dose of salt. Not to propagate national stereotypes, but you'll find for instance a large proportion of those people having to moan about having to walk "excessively" will be American. (A friend of mine stayed at a holiday hotel in Italy which was a brisk 5 minute walk to the main part of town, and slightly uphill. Granted this might be a problem for some people if they don't know in advance, but there were numerous reviews on tripadvisor from some of our transatlantic brethren complaining of this, which is fair enough, but in terms which made it seem like the ultimate human indignity, and that the hotel was more like a 20 minute drive from anywhere, which is obviously not on).

There's also an argument that says that the supposedly plusher hotels get harsher reviews as expectations are higher, and the bile flows all the more freely if these expectations aren't met. That said, no smoke without fire, so if I have a choice I always try to stay somewhere that's tripadvisor-rated in the top third, or at least top half, of the hotels in the city/area, which the radisson ain't. That said, for those staying there, if they get there early they'll at least know of some of the problems so will be warned in advance (and will know what to look for so they can ask for a room change before everyone else arrives!)

I offer Voronwe a bed in my twin bed room but it seems she decided to stay on a other hotel. So if someone is interessted i have an booking at the radisson from friday to monday.

How nice of you, Waldmaid :angel: , thank you so much

LOTR fans are lovely people....

Sorry I can't take you up on the offer, I will be with a friend (you will probably recognise us from another show).... but we ARE staying at the Radisson, just booked thru an agent rather than direct with the hotel... so see you there! :WAVE: