Hotel Room Prices for RingCon

showmasters

When I asked showmasters for a written confirmation of my booked and paid ticket...they said they won't send it out before some time prior to the event.

Tickets are not sent out until approximately two weeks before the show.

You would already have received written confirmation of your "booked and paid for ticket" via email from the online shop, providing of course, you had inputted your email address in correctly!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just phoned up to book and was told that a single room is £60 per night.

I asked what the cancellation conditions were.

The conditions are, if you book now, you are bound to those nights so no changing... you will be charged the whole fee.

You see I was considering booking Friday and Saturday night, with an option of dropping Friday night if need be. Well I would still have to pay for Friday night even if I didn't go.

So I am holding off from booking for a little while until I find out who else is going to be signed up.

The hotel said they have plenty of rooms available for that weekend.

Swan

I've just phoned up to book and was told that a single room is £60 per night.

I asked what the cancellation conditions were.

The conditions are, if you book now, you are bound to those nights so no changing... you will be charged the whole fee.

You see I was considering booking Friday and Saturday night, with an option of dropping Friday night if need be. Well I would still have to pay for Friday night even if I didn't go.

So I am holding off from booking for a little while until I find out who else is going to be signed up.

The hotel said they have plenty of rooms available for that weekend.

Swan

Yeah, I've only just noticed that. *grin* Ah well, I'll be going to the con. regardless of who the guests are, though awesome guests is always a bonus. *g* I'm just busy trying to convince friends to join me so I can have a big mass gathering of the insane ones. :D

Thanks all you people for posting your reports on how to get a reservation. Here I always thought making a reservation would be easy. How naive of me. :o

Here's my little success story.

- After waiting forever we got the authorisation code.

- I sent an e-mail to Radisson Edwardian Heathrow (ResReh@Radisson.com) with my request for a room reservation. No reaction.

- I filled in the contact form on the REH website and sent that off. No reaction.

- I called the number Showmasters tells us to call: 0208 817 0761. The guy on the phone was unfriendly and unhelpful and even kicked me out of the line!

- I called the number that one of you lovely people posted here (THANK YOU SO MUCH!): 0208 759 63 11 ... and BINGO! Lovely lady on the phone took my reservation and sent me a confirmation by email within ten minutes after the call! Yes! Plus she knew about the reduction. :D

Of course, there is a minor flaw in this. She confirmed from 23rd - 26th Nov, even though I repeated about FOUR times that I'm making a reservation for 22nd - 26th Nov. But really, after this odyssey and all the waiting and wrecked nerves, I don't have the energy to fight for this one missing day. I did write back though but my email is still unanswered so who knows...

On the other hand I'm so relieved that I will stay there for the whole weekend that I'm not throwing a tantrum over one day.

Whew.

- After waiting forever we got the authorisation code.

- I sent an e-mail to Radisson Edwardian Heathrow (ResReh@Radisson.com) with my request for a room reservation. No reaction.

- I filled in the contact form on the REH website and sent that off. No reaction.

- I called the number Showmasters tells us to call: 0208 817 0761. The guy on the phone was unfriendly and unhelpful and even kicked me out of the line!

- I called the number that one of you lovely people posted here (THANK YOU SO MUCH!): 0208 759 63 11 ... and BINGO! Lovely lady on the phone took my reservation and sent me a confirmation by email within ten minutes after the call! Yes! Plus she knew about the reduction. :YAHOO:

Of course, there is a minor flaw in this. She confirmed from 23rd - 26th Nov, even though I repeated about FOUR times that I'm making a reservation for 22nd - 26th Nov. But really, after this odyssey and all the waiting and wrecked nerves, I don't have the energy to fight for this one missing day. I did write back though but my email is still unanswered so who knows...

On the other hand I'm so relieved that I will stay there for the whole weekend that I'm not throwing a tantrum over one day.

Whew.

If you need to stay there on the 22nd, I would suggest you follow it up sooner rather than later, in case they get booked up for that night. It may well be that she only confirmed 23-26 as they might be the only dates that the conference discount applies to. Try ringing up again and booking for the 22nd with the discount code. That'll let you know whether the code applies.

:uhoh:

We've been away for a while. We only got the code a night before we went away and got on and did everything that night. I did not want to go away and be worried the whole time about booking the room.

Jamila, that was me, well, my husband. I'm glad we could have been of service. By the time everything kicked off our post was pages back and I suppose not many people read it. We found that lady very good too.

I'd go along with TT. If it is important to you to get that extra night get on and do it sooner rather than later. Save even more disappointment.

It looks like it all went bang!

I'm just looking forward to seeing eveyone now. I've been busy dressmaking and getting very excited.

I hope this is all going to be worth it, some people have had a hard time 'simply' booking the rooms. I hope this is the end of the confusion.

Lets just get excited.

See you all there!!!!!

:smile:

Yeah, I can't wait to meet everybody - it'll be awesome, whether or not we're staying in the Radisson or not. I remember when I was at the FF, and most of the group I travelled with were in the Hostel of Doom, where as one member of the group had checked into the hotel (I think it was the Hilton) next door to the Wembley Conferance Centre. Even then, most of our group was in and out of his room, and we had an awesome time (apart from the member who got food poisoning poor thing), so for those who aren't in the Radisson, at least you'll be on the same road.

And costume making? *pouts* After the FF I promised myself I would make my own costumes for the next con I went to, but I can't. *wails* Well I could, but it would be comical to see my results seeing as though I don't own a sewing machine (and I'm 200+ miles away from my mother who owns one), and I currently don't have the hand/eye coordination to handsew it. *pouts* Hope your costume is going alright though Elwyn!!

Hello!!

Blimey, has anyone checked out the "any more guests soon?" thread? I can't believe SM have closed it! Good on ya GG, DavidB and Sazzra and everyone else for sticking up for SM! I want this event to run so much, I just hope SM don't think we're all so negative as JSM!!

Ealena - you're so right I'm so excited I think I'd settle for a cardboard box outside the radisson! :thumbup:

Well if I can't find you FLM, I'll know to come looking for the box under the bridge! hehehe.

And as innocent as the comment was, can I just simply suggest that what was said in the thread shut down is left in that thread - because it wouldn't do to kick start the whole 'discussion' again, would it? :thumbup:

• Moderators

:P to be honest, I highly doubt I'll even be there .. but even then, I don't drink, so I'll just allow tap water :WAVE:

I suppose I could dress up as Gandalf, and turn up when you're all really drunk, and then you'll be like WOW! :YAHOO: and think you've met Ian Mckellan .. maybe ..

To be honest that sounds like a pretty drunk idea to me DB!! So seriously you're not going to go? But your like a SM forum god you have to come! I'll buy you a whole barrel of tap water! :P

frankslittlemachine - whisky is fine anything to stop you building that box!

Aye, I don't drink much either any more, though I have done in the past and done some admittedly stupid things whilst totally sloshed.

But yeah; part of the whole con. experience is meeting other LOTR fans - it's also always awesome to meet people you've spent months (or in the case of the other forum I'm on, years) speaking with, and at a con. you finally get to meet them face to face. And being able to wear costumes without people looking at you oddly. Well, okay, I've lost too much weight to fit into the only costume I have, and I can't make a costume for myself so I might not be coming in one this time (unless I buy one)..so *shrugs* I'll just have to buy Plaza garb instead. lol.

• Moderators

Haha oh well I crew at LFACC and the Collectormanias etc, I'm not sure I'll be able to afford this one .. plus I'm not a mega-huge LOTR fan sooo unless they get anyone BIG (that I've not met before), I'll probably have to miss it.

I mainly only check this section to see if anyone needs any help or if there are any interesting discussions going on! :P

Well why don't you volunteer to crew at this one. *g* I would put in an 'application' to be considered nearer the time, but a.) I'd like to see the con. and b.) can't guarantee my health. *g*

And interesting discussions.........hmm.......well.........unless you count the cardboard castles I think we're all out of interesting discussions.

• Moderators

Oh I'm not sure I could cope with working this one if you lot are gonna be around :P:WAVE:

Cardboard castles, bars, hotel-code madness, fights here there and everywhere .. this place is lively sometimes :YAHOO:

Ealena... there is nothing more interesting on this planet than cardboard boxes! I reckon you'll see FLM on 'Grand Designs'!!

DavidB - not a mega huge LOTR fan? Wrong forum to admit that on he he!! And what do you mean no big names? There's me, ealena, frankslittlemachine and his friend jack daniels!! :P What more do ya want?!

Edited by GondorGirl