Hotel Room Prices for RingCon

showmasters

Yeah, they thought I was for Autographica as well! Just as long as they book me into the correct dates and times - I still haven't received a confirmation email though; and I'm a tad bit concerned about that - how long does it usually take for them to send it to you? Does anyone know, or am I going to have to ring back tomorrow and get snotty?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would DEFINITELY phone them, I got a confirmation email through about an hour later. Get snotty and find out what is going on tomorrow! :YAHOO:

Sure thing - I put my reservation in over 4 hours ago, so I guess I'll get snotty then - I wanna know if I have a room, or if not, why; and also, if not, I'll go elsewhere.

I would DEFINITELY phone them, I got a confirmation email through about an hour later. Get snotty and find out what is going on tomorrow! ^_^

Sure thing - I put my reservation in over 4 hours ago, so I guess I'll get snotty then - I wanna know if I have a room, or if not, why; and also, if not, I'll go elsewhere.

Good idea, I guess it could be because it's a sunday, maybe there's someone who manually sends out confirmations and they work mon-fri 9-5, but I would still check!

Hmm.......perhaps I'll give them til around 2pm ish before I get snotty. *grin* If indeed it is because it's a Sunday, I'd be mortified if I started sniping at somebody when there was a logical explanation for it. So are we all going to blu-tack paper to our doors stating who's in each room. *grin*

Well it wasn't not pretty in terms of messy, it just wasn't pretty when I sobered up and realised what had happened; and the scene when I finally caught up with my fellow drunken revellers wasn't pretty either. I have to admit that I don't trust them anymore to see me home safely. Leaving me on a train asleep when they got off; only to find it funny when they get a drunken slur of a phone call demanding to know how I got to Liverpool and why was I on my own? Nah; yes, they were drunk themselves, but to leave me; not amusing.

lol. I make a prat of myself when sober as well. Like using my twisted logic to get myself and a friend completely lost in London - and having to walk around London dressed in LOTR costume trying to figure out how to get where we needed to be. We ended up going into a Police Station to get directions.......and bumped into a fellow Yorkshirewoman in the station as well, which was odd; but we got some very odd looks as you can imagine. hehehe.

Getting drunk? train journeys to liverpool? singing in the corridor? and David Wenheim?...

This thread is just getting interesting!!! :dance:

Frankslittlemachine - you saucy thing! Well buy me enough drinks and I'll put my hairy hobbit feet on for you any day of the week! He he!! ^_^

lol. I make a prat of myself when sober as well. Like using my twisted logic to get myself and a friend completely lost in London - and having to walk around London dressed in LOTR costume trying to figure out how to get where we needed to be. We ended up going into a Police Station to get directions.......and bumped into a fellow Yorkshirewoman in the station as well, which was odd; but we got some very odd looks as you can imagine. hehehe.

Ealena - now you are a lady I need to meet! I remember once I was dressed as an elf with my friend for a fancy dress party and we wandered off into the woods nearby and starting singing to the trees that "noone understands you but I do" !!!!!

Oh I'm all up for meeting as many folk as possible, GG (you don't mind that I shorten your name do you?). *g* I'm trying to gather people from a website I'm a member of to have a bit of a 'meet' down here - but whether they come or no, It'll be awesome to meet other fellow fans.

Singing the woods though.......grins. And I thought the tree-house incident was amusing. hehehe. *ahem* Yeah. So........um........I'm trying to bring the conversation back up to a respectable level and failing miserably. ^_^ Ah well.

And Frank - I'll see you in the bar. Just promise me that if I got sloshed you won't put me on a plane to a far off place. Not that I'd not enjoy the holiday, but *shrugs*.

Edited by Ealena

Oh I'm all up for meeting as many folk as possible, GG (you don't mind that I shorten your name do you?). *g* I'm trying to gather people from a website I'm a member of to have a bit of a 'meet' down here - but whether they come or no, It'll be awesome to meet other fellow fans.

Singing the woods though.......grins. And I thought the tree-house incident was amusing. hehehe. *ahem* Yeah. So........um........I'm trying to bring the conversation back up to a respectable level and failing miserably. ^_^ Ah well.

And Frank - I'll see you in the bar. Just promise me that if I got sloshed you won't put me on a plane to a far off place. Not that I'd not enjoy the holiday, but *shrugs*.

Oooh I like GG! I agree, as I said in my thread it'll be great to meet like-minded people who just want to have fun!

As for bringing things up to a respectable level - I sure as hell respect you!

Frankslittlemachine (FLM?) - If you can't find me at the bar I'll be in the woods!

David Wenheim ? What are you doing to my poor Daisy ?

And btw, could maybe anybody give me the email address of the hotel. With all the confusion going on I really don't want to make myself understandable over the phone...English isn't my first language ^_^

And btw, could maybe anybody give me the email address of the hotel. With all the confusion going on I really don't want to make myself understandable over the phone...English isn't my first language ^_^

email? Uh..........hang on............*hangs*...........*hangs a little more*...................*finally loses her grip and falls*....

here ya go - resreh@radisson.com is the main email - I couldn't find one for the Radisson Edwardian in Heathrow - so I would suggest, if possible, also calling them, and just giving it your best shot - request a translator. *g*

And FLM - well, people leave me on trains so you never know, people might decide to get rid of me by shipping me off somewhere randon.

Missdaisy - try the reservations email address, the link is below:

http://www.radissonedwardian.com/customers...ory=reservation

Make sure you select the right radisson hotel!

• Showmasters Admin

I have been waiting on the code and didn't want to go ahead and book the room anyway..just in case.

My fault really, but I wish I had, as there are no rooms available for that weekend now, so I'm gutted :D

I can see there's been a lot of back and forth and comments on this over the weekend. Unfortunately over a typical weekend none of the hotel senior management or conference people are available to chat to and find out what is happening. Now that it's Monday, I've been able to chat to them, and clarify the situation.

There ARE rooms available at the Radisson on Saturday night. However, if you phone up and try to book without the authorisation code, you will be told there are none, because they are all blocked off for the event. If you call and get someone who says otherwise, they are mistaken; tell them to check under Ring Con, or if need be under Autographica (our other event held at the Radisson; from past experience the Radisson reservation people often initially put event bookings in under the names of prior related events, and don't alway remember to change them later). If they still say they have no availability, you should insist on speaking to someone more senior.

The other possible problem is that while staff at the hotel should know about the block booking, people at the Radisson chain central reservation might not be so on the ball; if you call the hotel then "Press 1 for reservations" you can get redirected to the general reservation department, not the one in the specific hotel. The direct line for the Radisson Edwardian Heathrow's reservation department is

0208 817 0761

Thanks for the info, but it's too late for me I'm afraid.

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I DID mention the authorisation code, and was still told no rooms were available for the saturday night, I can only take their word for it as I assume all of their staff are kept in the loop.

Upon receiving this information from them, I had to go ahead and book elsewhere, which is non refundable..so unless I want to be charged in full for staying there, it is impossible for me to change my reservation.

It was badly managed on their part, as you would think all staff, no matter when they work, would be kept informed about this, and it is a really disappointing start to what I hope will be a good weekend...such a pity.

It is indeed a pity Strider - but at least you found a hotel elsewhere; it could have been a whole lot worse. You could have ended up in the Hostel of Doom I landed myself in when I went to the FF with a group of friends. *shudder* That was something else. *grin*

GG - in regards to the lack of email; I rang them earlier today, and they resent the email to me; and everything is fine - I'm booked in fully and all that jazz with a nice double bed awaiting me in November. *grin*

SM - I know it's a bit early, well, maybe it's not that early - but will there be any meal tickets or anything like that. I know the Germany Ring*Con has done them in the past, so would it be something you'd consider discussing with the Radisson?

It is indeed a pity Strider - but at least you found a hotel elsewhere; it could have been a whole lot worse. You could have ended up in the Hostel of Doom I landed myself in when I went to the FF with a group of friends. *shudder* That was something else. *grin*

GG - in regards to the lack of email; I rang them earlier today, and they resent the email to me; and everything is fine - I'm booked in fully and all that jazz with a nice double bed awaiting me in November. *grin*

SM - I know it's a bit early, well, maybe it's not that early - but will there be any meal tickets or anything like that. I know the Germany Ring*Con has done them in the past, so would it be something you'd consider discussing with the Radisson?

Hello Ealena!

Good news on the hotel booking! I'm so glad it's ok!

I've been having an absolute nightmare!

I waited for the buisness manager to phone me back to confirm the new dates (as opposed to 18th of May!) and they didn't! I phoned them and spoke to the girl who I'd spoken to on sat night and she said she had no memory of me calling her (despite the fact I was on the phone to her for 30 minutes!). She said they could find nothing at all under my name!! She the said she'd call me back in 20 minutes - an hour later I phone her and I'm told she is "unavailable".

Then this other person said they would make the booking for me but that her sheet of paper said £84 prpn but her system said £80 prppn. I told her that with all the hassle the least she could do is charge £80 and she said she would.

20 minutes later I get a call saying there was a "system error" and that I had to pay £84 prpn! I was so furious, particularly seeing as I had an email confirming £80!. I had a massive go at them - after all their mistakes they had the nerve to quibble about £4!!

Anyway there's light at the end of the tunnel - after "calmly" (;) )explaining all the things that they had done wrong they agreed to the £80 prpn - and chucked in free breakfast and a free room upgrade!! Now that's how I expect things to be sorted - I mean it was really frustrationg and I got passed through about 8 different departments but I am not complaining now! ;)

*whistles* Wow, you really did have a whole rigmarole getting a booking. At least it got sorted though, and they gave you a free upgrade and all that to 'apologise'. I'm just glad though, that I've got my room sorted now - can you imagine what it's going to be like nearer the time when they start to get large amounts of people phoning in to make bookings.

And I have to laugh - my reservation has named me as a 'Mrs'. Now, if I've been married off without my knowing it, I'd appreciate knowing who it is - hope he's good looking. :angry: