Hotel Room Prices for RingCon

showmasters

Having been on the flip side and part of the organisational team for a several large events, I do understand how much work is involved.... however.... a little communication with "the punters" doesnt go amiss. Especially when you've gone and said you will be giving out news in a few days.... I'm trying hard to not join the masses baying for blood here.... but any news about Ring Con UK would be good - even if it is just boring stuff.

It seems to have been a real struggle to get this event off the ground which is really sad as there is still plenty of enthusiasm on the boards for it. So, please Showmasters.... remember us all here dangling on a thread waiting for information....

Rosie

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:crying:

It's making me a bit worried whether it is all still going ahead. Please SM this is important to some of us.

Put our minds to rest.Elwyn

Same here...

And here... :YAHOO:

Rosie xx

Maybe we'll hear something tonight? I know the expected announcements are guests for Sportsmania, but you never know - there might be an update re hotel prices and such for another show, too! :dance:

• Moderators

Maybe we'll hear something tonight? I know the expected announcements are guests for Sportsmania, but you never know - there might be an update re hotel prices and such for another show, too! :crying:

Mark - the guy doing SportsMania & MusicMania - won't have anything to do with another show (as far as I know), so I wouldn't link any SportsMania announcements with expectations for anything else I'm afraid :YAHOO:

Maybe we'll hear something tonight? I know the expected announcements are guests for Sportsmania, but you never know - there might be an update re hotel prices and such for another show, too! :YAHOO:

Mark - the guy doing SportsMania & MusicMania - won't have anything to do with another show (as far as I know), so I wouldn't link any SportsMania announcements with expectations for anything else I'm afraid :smile:

Oh right - thanks for the info, David. :D I was just wondering if there might be a bit of multiple bird-killing with single projectiles! :dance:

Having decided to not buy a silver ticket now as I can't warrant the price through already having most of the suggested guest autographs, I am going to a standard ticket. Having said that with no updates or hotel booking info mentioned I have just spent the money on a DVD recorder lol. I don't think the standard tickets are gonna go just yet, and I think I'll have time to save up again :-)

No I am not knocking anyone, just that my money is better spent else where at the moment, and seeing as I think I am possibly sleeping on a park bench for Collectormania 11 if Kelle and I can't find a room soon, I might just need the money to bail myself out of jail for being a public nusence LOL!!!

Lisa x

Why is everyone getting so stressed over the hotel?

The event isn't until November, Showmasters have loads of other events much closer to deal with.

It's not exactly like the Radisson is the only hotel in the area - it's on a main stretch of road with tons of hotels, and some are far cheaper than the Radisson anyway!

I have learned that is much more easier if you stay at the convention hotel. And because i have to plan what i will do with my money i plan with the price from the hotel as shown on their webside. It couldn't be more expansive.

The different thing to fulda is that we have there the complete hotel for us - no other guests. That makes planning for the organisation much more simpler.

Having decided to not buy a silver ticket now as I can't warrant the price through already having most of the suggested guest autographs, I am going to a standard ticket. Having said that with no updates or hotel booking info mentioned I have just spent the money on a DVD recorder lol. I don't think the standard tickets are gonna go just yet, and I think I'll have time to save up again :-)

No I am not knocking anyone, just that my money is better spent else where at the moment, and seeing as I think I am possibly sleeping on a park bench for Collectormania 11 if Kelle and I can't find a room soon, I might just need the money to bail myself out of jail for being a public nusence LOL!!!

Lisa x

Lisa, I managed to book a room at the new Ramada just yesterday so it seems they've got space. Google Ramada Milton Keynes and it should come up.

Why is everyone getting so stressed over the hotel?

The event isn't until November, Showmasters have loads of other events much closer to deal with.

It's not exactly like the Radisson is the only hotel in the area - it's on a main stretch of road with tons of hotels, and some are far cheaper than the Radisson anyway!

I think it's more to do with a lack of communication for a few weeks, rather than a panic about the hotels. With the event already moved dates, cancelled, reinstated and moved again, and only one guest announced so far, I can understand that a lot of people are concerned whether this event will be happening at all, (I have my fingers, eyes, toes, legs crossed that everything is fine!!!!) and are just looking for something from Showmasters to give a little reassurance that everything is still ok - especially everyone who has already bought their tickets.

Like Brandinschick, I am holding off getting my ticket for a little while, cos even though I have met a lot of the LOTR actors, stuntmen, WETA crew etc, I was still considering getting a silver ticket. But with only one guest announced so far, I want to be sure that I am spending my hard earned cash wisely!!

I totally agree that there are plenty of other hotels in the area and if anyone is really worried about accomodation, then make a provisional booking so you know you have somewhere to stay. Hotels dont usually charge you until you arrive and you can cancel the room without penalty until quite close to your check in date (check this is correct for your hotel BEFORE booking!!!!)

R xxx

With the event already moved dates, cancelled, reinstated and moved again, and only one guest announced so far, I can understand that a lot of people are concerned whether this event will be happening at all, (I have my fingers, eyes, toes, legs crossed that everything is fine!!!!) and are just looking for something from Showmasters to give a little reassurance that everything is still ok - especially everyone who has already bought their tickets.

Well I orderd the standard tickets when they first went on sale, and the money has been taken.

Hello all,

we invented and run Ring*Con in Germany and we are doing this together with SM. We are working on this problems with SM right now, and hope to find a solution very soon.

Especially for foreigners who are not able to buy tickets online, because there county is not even on the list and most of all the missing hotel code.

If you have problems with bookings you can also sent me an email. I will bundle them and talk to SM about it.

Take care

Dirk Bartholomae

Hello all,

we invented and run Ring*Con in Germany and we are doing this together with SM. We are working on this problems with SM right now, and hope to find a solution very soon.

Especially for foreigners who are not able to buy tickets online, because there county is not even on the list and most of all the missing hotel code.

If you have problems with bookings you can also sent me an email. I will bundle them and talk to SM about it.

Take care

Dirk Bartholomae

Hi Dirk and Welcome to the forums. :P

I would just like to say that I had a fantastic time at Ring Con last year (loved it so much that I'm going again this year!!) and I have high hopes for Ring Con UK. It's great to hear from you on the forums and I sincerely wish you a huge success for this event!!!

Best wishes,

Rosie xx

Hello all,

Take care Dirk Bartholomae

Hi Dirk!

Thanks for letting us know what's going on. It's much appreciated. :P

Rosie xx (not TricksyHobbit! :YAHOO: )

Edited by RosiePosieDanderfluff

• 2 weeks later...

OK....I'm starting to worry now....is this actualy going to happen? Because if not, I've got another fair to go to in Birmingham in November.

NEED TO KNOW QUICKLY, GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

NEED THAT HOTEL INFO, ETC.

pppppppppppppplllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssseeeeeeeeee.

:wub:

• 3 weeks later...

I am very sorry, i am waiting for this code as well. I am trying to contact Showmasters bymyself and they said, that they are working on another show right now, and that they will work on another show UK later. Thats all i can say. We run things differently in Germany, but this is England and Showmasters is an english company so i totally trust Jason and his crew. I think that he will soon come up with some solutions (like a nice link to the actual another show UK page on his main page :-)