The rudest star in the world

garnerman

can i say i have lost all respect for the hoff man and glad that showmasters has not got him for c10, let me tell you why.

today i waited 5 hours to meet david and get his new book signed finally david arrived and i was told by a member of the bookstore staff to write my name on a post it and stick it to the book so he could personlise it for me excellent i thought, i was third in the line and as i approached the table a women tuck my book and in horror wrote in the book ( to bryan ) and passed it to david to sign there was no eye contact or a hello not even a hand shake and as soon as the book was signed a security guard pushed me away and then the exact same thing happened to my friend!!!!.

i was so upset i feel like throwing the book away and crying, you see i've been to nearly all of the showmasters events and think the guests they get are excellent keep up the good work

david hasslehoff my childhood hero R.I.P

• Moderators

I'm very surprised that an assistant would do that, that's pretty stupid, you could have just written your own name if they were doing it like that! :wub:

Book signings can often be a problem. Some stores are terrible at organising them when there's a lot of people turning up for them. I can understand being speedy and going through as quick as they can, but it still sounds a bit rubbish.

no i was in shock!!!! and to upset

well I'm actually surprised he is doing signing at all, in his Matro interview this week he states quite clearly that people asking for Auotgraphs is a waste of his time so he usually just hands out pre-printed postcards anyway, still I suppose a book signing tour will be quite lucrative for him. I have to say he's one of those people I've never understood why he's famous, he's a god awful actor who's only ever been in god awful shows and he's an even worse singer and one of the cheesiest people I've ever laid eyes on!

thanks for the support guys your making me feel better my thought is that he should of just signed hundreds of books and left them for waterstones to sign.

thanks for the support guys your making me feel better my thought is that he should of just signed hundreds of books and left them for waterstones to sign.

i met him on wednesday at the trafford centre and the same thing happend.i managed to get a handshake and a quick hello however the woman who wrote down my name was dreadful and it was to rushed and the security as always treated everyone like garbage. i think book signings are now very stessful and dissapointing and badly organised. what is wrong with these stars. they could at least do a days signing instead of an hour or two

what is wrong with these stars. they could at least do a days signing instead of an hour or two

with the ppl who'll have to be paid to maintain security/organisation, plus the star themselves, i'd guess its cheaper on the organisers to only go for a few hours?

not saying its right, but just that its not necessarily the star's choice.

awww poor you lot!, how horrible fore you, did you wait for long to get his auto?

personally i have never been a big fan of his, and seeing him in the spongebob squarepants movie simply ruined my opinion of him even more so. And though i have never met him, and am really not one to say, i find him to be considerably arrogant! :WINCE:

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. Sometimes celebs have bad days and the Hoff has been doing a grand tour of UK book signings this week it would seem, and I think that would get to anyone after a while. For the record, Forbidden Planet do great book signings although their guests tend to be from the same walks of life and appreciate the average FP Customer.

I did go to one book retailer signing and that was terrible, so I feel your pain but try not to let it bother you and remember the good times :WINCE:

can i say i have lost all respect for the hoff man and glad that showmasters has not got him for c10, let me tell you why.

today i waited 5 hours to meet david and get his new book signed finally david arrived and i was told by a member of the bookstore staff to write my name on a post it and stick it to the book so he could personlise it for me excellent i thought, i was third in the line and as i approached the table a women tuck my book and in horror wrote in the book ( to bryan ) and passed it to david to sign there was no eye contact or a hello not even a hand shake and as soon as the book was signed a security guard pushed me away and then the exact same thing happened to my friend!!!!.

i was so upset i feel like throwing the book away and crying, you see i've been to nearly all of the showmasters events and think the guests they get are excellent keep up the good work

david hasslehoff my childhood hero R.I.P

I feel for you. I felt similar to you when SM got Shatner to Collectormania. The experience was Nil. Just a rushed money processing machine. I hate it when it happens.

I am not bothered about the so called Hoff. His car was more famous than him anyway :) (and hes coming soon) :WINCE:

i'm glad he at least shake afew hands that day but ithnk he should of tuck his time after all the books was already sold so he needed to slow down and not ruin dreams by his money making attitude!!!, and yes i think hes the rudest person i've met due to that experience so i'm sorry to all the hoff fans but i'm no more a fan

R.I.P

AND THE BOOK MAKES GREAT TOILET PAPER LOL

BRING ON C10!!!! NOT LONG NOW

I\'ve always had a decent enough experince at the few book signings I\'ve been too, but Hasselhoff is well known as being a complete *****, so it\'s just as well he won\'t do signing events where he\'s got nothing of his own to plug.

In this instance, I suspect the terrible experience that Garnerman had was purely down to the spam and his entourage. Celebrities who WANT to do a signing and meet their fans rarely ensure the public receive that level of service.

Besides, he was probably too inebriated to write anything other than his own name.

Edited by Too Tall

Id have asked for my money back, why would anyone want a book dedicated to you by someones assistant, even if he did sign it as well. It would have been better to have it undedicated. A total sham if you ask me.

The only book signing I have ever been to was Teri Hatchers and I was worried about it because of all the bad press she gets, but although it was rushed it was well organized and she was lovely (and happy to dedicate).

it would not have seemed too bad if everybody was warned first that his agent/assistant would do the dedications then at least people would have had the chance to at least choose weather or not to have it dedicated but there was no warning and it all happened so quick. ive decided to call the trafford centre tommorow and complain. i encourage everyone else who had there book dedicated do the same. thank you. p.s. a message for the fella who started this topic. im so sorry you had this experiance. i know how sole destroying it can be. when i met gene wilder last year he was a total ***** and refused to shake hands with anybody at his book signing at the time i was gutted however when i go to any book signing now i say to myself the star will sign the book no matter what happens and anything else such as a handshake, posed photo, or a quick hello or even a quick chat i consider as a bonus this way im not dissapointed. also thanks also for starting this topic its been interesting.

Edited by Too Tall

My 1st ever con guest was Val Kilmer at Autographica a few years back. No personalisation, no eve contact, no words spoken and no handshake for £20. The rest of the guests there were really nice. But after Mr Kilmer i learn't to expect very little from guests, that way i'm never disapointed.

Happily though 99% of guests are not like Mr Kilmer and Mr Hasselhoff.

I've only been to a couple of book signings and luckily they were both okish - The first was David Gemmell at Forbidden Planet and he was really nice and the second was the Red Dwarf crew at Virgin on Oxford Street (That one was a little dissapointing as DJJ just ignored me and sat turned away from us talking to the other actors).

However on the hoff front i'm really not suprised to hear these comments. In a roundabout way one of the clients of the company I work for was one of those that arranged a signing with him - some of our staff jokingly asked the organisers contact to get them an auto but she said she tried but he got annoyed with the fans/press and stormed off.

Also given the comments that have been made in the press and on TV about him recently he seems to have a bit of a god complex - saying Princess Diana fell in love with him the first time she saw him and there are suggestiong that he really seemed to believe that the Berlin wall fell because of him.

I used to like his programmes but I can see he is a bit of a self important t*****.