LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT: Christopher Lee

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay Christopher & Elijah...OMG 2 main LOTR guests! B)

(((All you need is Viggo & Ian McKellen now))) haha! :P

Not sure I will get an auto again tho...have met him b4

at another event. The price is putting me off too. Might

just try to get a ticket for the talk instead. Hope I can.

I agree a cool guest...Im impressed SM!!!! :blink:

Maria x

I suspect people with gold passes are able to queue up again to get more than one auto? So I guess the only problem is the dodgyness of being infront of him again 3 minutes after he's signed you an auto, he might give you wierd looks, lol. So I guess the best thing to do is get one in the morning and the other towards the end of the event or whenever he's leaving. But from experience guests tend to have incredible memory :blink: i.e. back in collectormania I met LeVar Burton on the first day, he remembered me 3 days later by name, scary. Anyways i always give guests packs of werther's so he'd better sign me 2 autos B)

I suspect people with gold passes are able to queue up again to get more than one auto? So I guess the only problem is the dodgyness of being infront of him again 3 minutes after he's signed you an auto, he might give you wierd looks, lol. So I guess the best thing to do is get one in the morning and the other towards the end of the event or whenever he's leaving. But from experience guests tend to have incredible memory :blink: i.e. back in collectormania I met LeVar Burton on the first day, he remembered me 3 days later by name, scary. Anyways i always give guests packs of werther's so he'd better sign me 2 autos B)

Autographs are 1 PER PERSON ONLY

i'm guessing that even gold pass holders won't get back a second time - and since there's only a max of 50, and i don't think they'd all sold out, i'd suspect that the crew will be able to pick them out on their second attempt to get up, since its well specified that its one per person ;)

and if gold passes could potentially get around it, i suspect it would be mentioned - after all, the talk tickets are being reserved for holders of passes, so an autograph allowance would have been mentioned too :P

But then again, there is also a max (of 5 though) with other guests. And with them you are allowed to que up more than once. I may be naive here but it doesn't say that people aren't allowed to to que up more than once. And more than one person on these boards are talking abouot getting more than one autograph.

Sure it says "Autographs are 1 PER PERSON ONLY", but in my oppinion it could be "only one for each time you que up". But like I said, I might be naive. :blink:

good point, but in the case of other guests, this is from the FAQ:

How many autographs can I get at once?

The max number of autographs is 5 per person. Please remember all autograph prices are PER AUTOGRAPH, you get ONE autograph for the price shown.

If you want more than 5, then you can either go up when the queue is quiet and then the crew will normally allow you to have up to 7 or 8. Or simply queue multiple times and get up to 5 each time.

this is specifically if the queue is QUIET. at no point, under the number of autographs at a time or under the gold pass info, does it say that it is (technically) permissable to queue more than once with a gold pass, while the queue is busy. thus, the same rule will no doubt be applied to Christopher Lee.

(EDIT - just seein now the part for mltiple queueings. i need to read this better next time :blink: personally, i reckon that SM aren't likely to allow anyone to queue multiple times if its particularly busy - it would be unfair to others to permit this, since it would likely lead to a good number of ppl being turned away. also, i suspect that even queueing multiple times with other guests is still dependant upon holding a VT ticket each time you queue - that's a possibility with any of the other guests, but if mr lee is busy, then its not likely to be possible for anyone else to get multiple VTs, so a gold pass may be treated as a one-use VT on this occasion. i'm guessing in this edit, i don't know, so i could easily be wrong.)

many ppl are talking about multiple autographs, yes, but they're working on the assumption that the high cost and late announcement date will put ppl off seeing him or prevent them from hearing about him.

what many ppl easily forget is how quickly word of mouth travels - the forum crashed before 7PM, despite the notification of an announcement to be made being given at only 6PM. this shows how quickly ppl heard just about the announcement to be made - and with a guest this big, word of mouth will spread very fast.

I don't forsee any quietness on the day, though i could be wrong. when its considered though how rare a guest mr lee is, and the fact that its only one day, i reckon a lot of ppl will take this chance to get his auto.

Edited by Keeper

good point, but in the case of other guests, this is from the FAQ:

How many autographs can I get at once?

The max number of autographs is 5 per person. Please remember all autograph prices are PER AUTOGRAPH, you get ONE autograph for the price shown.

If you want more than 5, then you can either go up when the queue is quiet and then the crew will normally allow you to have up to 7 or 8. Or simply queue multiple times and get up to 5 each time.

this is specifically if the queue is QUIET. at no point, under the number of autographs at a time or under the gold pass info, does it say that it is (technically) permissable to queue more than once with a gold pass, while the queue is busy. thus, the same rule will no doubt be applied to Christopher Lee.

(EDIT - just seein now the part for mltiple queueings. i need to read this better next time :blink: personally, i reckon that SM aren't likely to allow anyone to queue multiple times if its particularly busy - it would be unfair to others to permit this, since it would likely lead to a good number of ppl being turned away. also, i suspect that even queueing multiple times with other guests is still dependant upon holding a VT ticket each time you queue - that's a possibility with any of the other guests, but if mr lee is busy, then its not likely to be possible for anyone else to get multiple VTs, so a gold pass may be treated as a one-use VT on this occasion. i'm guessing in this edit, i don't know, so i could easily be wrong.)

many ppl are talking about multiple autographs, yes, but they're working on the assumption that the high cost and late announcement date will put ppl off seeing him or prevent them from hearing about him.

what many ppl easily forget is how quickly word of mouth travels - the forum crashed before 7PM, despite the notification of an announcement to be made being given at only 6PM. this shows how quickly ppl heard just about the announcement to be made - and with a guest this big, word of mouth will spread very fast.

I don't forsee any quietness on the day, though i could be wrong. when its considered though how rare a guest mr lee is, and the fact that its only one day, i reckon a lot of ppl will take this chance to get his auto.

Also take in the fact this thread has been up 8 hours and how many pages long is it already.

Also take in the fact this thread has been up 8 hours and how many pages long is it already.

i'm showing 4, but i'm on double pages - which makes it 7 or 8 pages.

however, on the same topic, this is the list of posters and number of posts - prior to this post:

Poster Posts

Keeper 10

JackAubrey 8

rich5wolves 6

Stevie79 6

nicky 5

Trialia 5

DavidB 4

Skylover 4

abstractharmony 3

jamie1138 3

Bohan 3

robertderidder 3

ukinvestigator 3

tiggerific 3

gebes 2

The Flying Gribble 2

Mcfly 2

NL-Patrick 2

Manbeast 2

crippsy_99 2

theThinWhiteDuke 2

nlindenj 2

Satchel Pooch 2

samwise 2

BluebizzieB 2

mutley 2

be_insane 1

roxy 1

sarah-monster 1

Big_Pants 1

showmasters 1

lil_aber_lisa 1

Princess83 1

frosty 1

vamps! 1

sagart 1

Cadiliniel 1

lotrfanatic 1

jos 1

greedo_uk 1

Gray Fox 1

Evil_Faith 1

TenaciousD 1

Queen_Sindel 1

theoden_of_rohan 1

dazzlerjames 1

DarkAkuma 1

Sauron 1

jesterrace 1

m4sure 1

Meriagrin Brandytook 1

Shirefruit 1

jedicouncil 1

Seraphim 1

SeiyaTheLeaper 1

Calumn 1

Nell 1

Yvie 1

Thundercrackler 1

Guardianofthecookiejar 1

jonchatty 1

shaqarava 1

Kaz_B52 1

hobbitlover 1

Victor Van Dort 1

Charisma 1

jacksparrowsmistress 1

Tim32 1

sure, there's a lot of names - but for the ones higher on the list (and i'm embarrased to say i'm at the top of that B) ) its quite a few posts for a single announcement thread. and there's only 131 posts in here.

but if even one of each of those tells one other person (and i've already text 2 others, though one of them won't be there and the other will be crewing) then the numbers grow a bit too big... particularly when each of those tells ANOTHER one each.

there's only one thing travelling at faster than warp 10, and that's the gossip ;):P

EDIT - ouch, i didn't quite realise how many ppl were in that list... :blink:

hell yeah, stevie, i agree with ya 110%!!! ;)

Edited by Keeper

Important guy, but I was hoping someone Stargate... doesn't make up for Torri for me.... :blink:

(I know Torri's not being there is obviously not your fault, though!)

err, yeah, sounds about right... pissed off it's Dracula/Scaramanga/Dooku/Saruman/The Mummy not some bod from some tv spinoff series from a sci-fi movie.. Priorities? taste in films/tv/existence? Wherefore art thou?

If it was Kurt Russell from the orig Stargate, you might scrape a point, but the tv series? you gotta be kidding!

Important guy, but I was hoping someone Stargate... doesn't make up for Torri for me.... B)

err, yeah, sounds about right... pissed off it's Dracula/Scaramanga/Dooku/Saruman/The Mummy not some bod from some tv spinoff series from a sci-fi movie.. Priorities? taste in films/tv/existence? Wherefore art thou?

If it was Kurt Russell from the orig Stargate, you might scrape a point, but the tv series? you gotta be kidding!

Everyone has different tastes, and although the majority will be pleased with Lee, me included, some won't be. By the way I also love Stargate and would love another Stargate guest :blink:

At least 1 auto per person means there will no dealers getting autos, and that all fans should get to meet him. Especially when people leave 3.30ish to watch the footy!

Nice one SM!!! :blink:

Reading through the various postings it seems a lot of fans need to get their Star Wars or LOTR posters signed-more so than any other guests I have heard they want items signed by.

I hope this does not totally slow things down with everyone rolling and unrolling posters all over the place !!!!!

As a guest, Christopher Lee is an actor of the finest ability - he IS a legend in the film world. If you do not know of him that isn't really Christopher Lee's fault, its down to your age or not being so versed in films as you think. In more recent times he has had roles in two of the biggest film series of our time - Lord of the Rings (whether you hate it or not, this was a huge film) and Star Wars. And again, you may not like them, but please don't slag off an actor just because you personally do not know of him.

That said, and looking at expenses, I think I may be out of getting a sig. I intended to get Carrie, but that would be £70 already, and more if I can get into the talk. And I have to get a Force FX lightsaber for the FF-UK table. I'll see how I go, I am going to be busy on the FF-UK: London table Sat and Sun, but this man is a legend, and he is also now a big part of Star Wars prequel lore.

After Sleeping on the subject I think me and my whole family will pay it, eek, but it is once in a lifetime,

I just hope I can still meet him, coz I wont (Can't) get there before 12, do you think Ill still be able to?????

JA

After Sleeping on the subject I think me and my whole family will pay it, eek, but it is once in a lifetime,

I just hope I can still meet him, coz I wont (Can't) get there before 12, do you think Ill still be able to?????

JA

hope its a small family

• Showmasters Admin

This is a completely different case to previous so the usual FAQ answer do not apply in a number of cases.

VTs will not work in the same way. Just becasue you have a VT will NOT mean you can join the queue. You will only be allowed to join the queue if you have a VT AND HAVE BOUGHT AN AUTOGRAPH. Each person will have to buy an autograph to join the queue.

Can a child get an autograph?

Yes I'm sure there will be no restriction. But the child will have to be there to get a VT.

Can a child come down the queue if they're not getting an autograph?

As long as the child is young, I'm sure this will be allowed. By young I mean 10 and under.

Can I queue up more than once?

In theory you could go up more than once. I'm not sure if SM will try and restrict this in this case.

Can my friends and I go down the queue at the same time if we're all getting autographs?

If you wait for all of you VTs to be valid and you all buy autographs you will be able to go up together.

Any I've missed please point out.

Edited by Too Tall

This is a completely different case to previous so the usual FAQ answer do not apply in a number of cases.

VTs will not work in the same way. Just becasue you have a VT will NOT mean you can join the queue. You will only be allowed to join the queue if you have a VT AND HAVE BOUGHT AN AUTOGRAPH. Each person will have to buy an autograph to join the queue.

Can a child get an autograph?

Yes I'm sure there will be no restriction. But the child will have to be there to get a VT.

Can a child come down the queue if they're not getting an autograph?

As long as the child is young, I'm sure this will be allowed. By young I mean 10 and under.

Can I queue up more than once?

In theory you could go up more than once. I'm not sure if SM will try and restrict this in this case.

Can my friends and I go down the queue at the same time if we're all getting autographs?

If you wait for all of you VTs to be valid and you all buy autographs you will be able to go up together.

Any I've missed please point out.

Yes Gold Pass advice we don't normally need vt do we just go straight in the q and then pay for autograph then meet him

According to his friend Norman Lloyd, he has a somewhat eccentric hobby: he is fascinated by public executioners and knows the names of every official executioner England has had since the middle of the 15th century.

HOw cool is this guy,

From Christopher Lee's IMDB

JA

Yes Gold Pass advice we don't normally need vt do we just go straight in the q and then pay for autograph then meet him

Yes that's how I believe it will work.

Talk ticket included hope its not at the same time as football

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!! Showmasters. :WINCE:

The only snag I can't get there due to work :thumbup: and it has always been my dream to meet Christopher Lee next to Sir Ian McKellen [who I've now met]. Oh well... hopefully there is another chance soon that he will return, yes? :D

Dawn

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!! Showmasters. :WINCE:

The only snag I can't get there due to work :thumbup: and it has always been my dream to meet Christopher Lee next to Sir Ian McKellen [who I've now met]. Oh well... hopefully there is another chance soon that he will return, yes? :D

Dawn

Id be committing suicide if I couldnt go now!

Important guy, but I was hoping someone Stargate... doesn't make up for Torri for me.... :thumbup:

Umm.. Gilgalad70, there's no need to be impolite.

Personally, there are very few movies I care much about. I watch them, but that's it. And even then, I don't usually become a fan of the actors in them. I'm not "pissed off" about Christopher Lee coming. I just hoped that they were going to announce a guest to "replace" Torri, and Mr. Lee obviously isn't a replacement, both for his importance AND for the fact that he appeals to a different fan base (that may or may not overlap with the Stargate one).

I don't see what my tastes in existence have got to do with this.

"Movie" isn't necessarily something better than "tv-show". And there are a lot of tv-show actors out there who are better than some movie actors, but just chose a different career or didn't meet the right people. It may even be harder to keep your character interesting (and it doesn't all have to do with scripts) episode after episode, work so many hours a week over and over, same people, same set, same show. A movie is some months of filming, often not every day, and then it's over, you're off to a completely different character. I don't mean to say that, in general, movie actors are LESS good than tv-show actors. I think that (again, in general) they're equally good. So I find your remark insulting to them too.

Sorry for the OT, everyone else!

Edited by SeiyaTheLeaper