LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT: Christopher Lee

• Showmasters Admin

I've had some updates from SM, here's the results.

3. Posed pics ?

No - he's an elderly gentleman, and flash photos plus standing up every minute or two aren't options.

Sorry to ask, but will photos (with no flash) of him signing be allowed?

No photos at all is normally only done because the guest asks for it. So it's possible there will be "no photos" but we're not likely to know for sure until the day.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody h.. OMG

Ok SM you got him from now on you can not say you cant get peopal like viggo or orlando, thats it , you got him you can get all the rest , every one ..

... to bad i cant make it :D((((((( and the £45.. is no opshen .. cant even send my LOTR book to some one to get it signed..... :wub:

envi every one who is going

£45 and no photos taken of him at all you have got to be joking me. I know it's up to him and everything but even leaning over the desk with flash switched off would have been fine.

I was still thinking about it till I read about the pics but I bet people will get rushed though as well.

It's just not worth it for me.

I'm sorry but this is not value for money

Christopher Lee is a legend don't get me wrong but compairing him to other high prices that SM have had before then he is not value for money at all in fact it's a rip off you can buy his auto in a nice frame for a bit more than this. I know because my friend has it already bought it.

Yeah I know she didn't get to met him etc but it was from a offical auto person one that had a stall at one of the collectormania's and I know he's done other events before and not charged that much.

Bloody h.. OMG

Ok SM you got him from now on you can not say you cant get peopal like viggo or orlando, thats it , you got him you can get all the rest , every one ..

... to bad i cant make it :D((((((( and the £45.. is no opshen .. cant even send my LOTR book to some one to get it signed..... :wub:

Hamill, Hamill, Hamill, Hamill :D

I've had some updates from SM, here's the results.

3. Posed pics ?

No - he's an elderly gentleman, and flash photos plus standing up every minute or two aren't options.

Sorry to ask, but will photos (with no flash) of him signing be allowed?

Mr Lee is doing a talk what will everybody be asking?

Great guest.......shame about the price......in my opinion not value for money......how could it be really.....with all the other 1000's of auto's out there of him already and the hundred's he may possibly do on Saturday......i just wished some of the guests would take into consideration that us fans work hard to save money for these events....and don't want to blow it all within 5 mins of getting there!

Great guest.......shame about the price......in my opinion not value for money......how could it be really.....with all the other 1000's of auto's out there of him already and the hundred's he may possibly do on Saturday......i just wished some of the guests would take into consideration that us fans work hard to save money for these events....and don't want to blow it all within 5 mins of getting there!

well, considering someone did an ebay search and found prices ranging from around 30 quid to over 160, and the 30 quid was NOT from an authorised dealer, it would certainly seem that 45 is VERY good value for money :poki:

after all - if a dealer is able to charge over 100, why shouldn't SM you WILL get to watch him sign it for you, and say hello, even if nothing else. its more than a dealer can give you, yet a dealer would hardly offer to sell it at that rate if they thought no-one would pay it.

WOW! totaly awsome guest i really wish i could afford to go now i cant go to the event and i wouldnt be able to pay 45 quid but if i could i would because he is once in a life time and he's getting on a bit so this may be the last time he does a convention!

i so want his auto :poki: sadface

well, considering someone did an ebay search and found prices ranging from around 30 quid to over 160, and the 30 quid was NOT from an authorised dealer, it would certainly seem that 45 is VERY good value for money :poki:

after all - if a dealer is able to charge over 100, why shouldn't SM you WILL get to watch him sign it for you, and say hello, even if nothing else. its more than a dealer can give you, yet a dealer would hardly offer to sell it at that rate if they thought no-one would pay it.

I'm not one for buying from dealers anyway......i have been going to these kind of events for nearly ten years now.....and i have seen the prices rise dramatically....i know the guests have improved but my wages don't...the same way.....i am finding it more difficult to put enough money away for these events...having a mortgage in London doesn't help..lol.....sometimes i miss the old days when the events were more low key and intimate.

well, considering someone did an ebay search and found prices ranging from around 30 quid to over 160, and the 30 quid was NOT from an authorised dealer, it would certainly seem that 45 is VERY good value for money :YAHOO:

I'm not one for buying from dealers anyway......i have been going to these kind of events for nearly ten years now.....and i have seen the prices rise dramatically....i know the guests have improved but my wages don't...the same way.....i am finding it more difficult to put enough money away for these events...having a mortgage in London doesn't help..lol.....sometimes i miss the old days when the events were more low key and intimate.

Well he's going to be cheeper than the OFFICIAL Christopher Lee website, £49.99 seems to be his norm with £65 for Hammer signed photo's, as this is the official site then i'm guessing SM have persuaded him to DROP his price

golly gosh! im away for a while and look at all the crazy announcements. empty wallet on sunday? you bet!

:YAHOO:

You do realise he's only there on Saturday, don't you?

i think the point is, by the time sunday comes around there won't be a wallet :D :D

golly gosh! im away for a while and look at all the crazy announcements. empty wallet on sunday? you bet!

:YAHOO:

You do realise he's only there on Saturday, don't you?

i think the point is, by the time sunday comes around there won't be a wallet :D :D

Point exactly :o

:headscratch:

Very nice gesture to hold one back for us sm. Thank You

I dont think holding one back is a nice gesture, i think at £175 we should be entitled to join the queue whenever we want like any other guest. The moment we start limiting the gold pass for the biggest guests the moment it loses its appeal.

Ok most wont want more than one but the option should be there for those who have forked out for this priviledge otherwise what have we paid £175 for?! :P

:headscratch:

I dont think holding one back is a nice gesture, i think at £175 we should be entitled to join the queue whenever we want like any other guest. The moment we start limiting the gold pass for the biggest guests the moment it loses its appeal.

Ok most wont want more than one but the option should be there for those who have forked out for this priviledge otherwise what have we paid £175 for?! :P

you have a fair point

Cant you try and get it down to 25-30 pounds(lol). For all us CL fans Carrie Fisher is only 25 pounds. I think that 45 is steep especially when you have a few family members that want 2 c him.

Go on SM give it a try? :P:headscratch:

:P

umm... the GUARANTEED chance to meet him?!?!?!

thats not enough?!!!

its a fairly distributed way - you get ONE definite ticket per gold pass, and like everyone else have to queue for a second ticket. hell, you still stand a better chance than the rest - you can get your second ticket straight after getting your pass, as i understand the ticket is being held with the pass for you.

if thats not enough, then would you be willing to pay his fee for a private signing?:P

Cant you try and get it down to 25-30 pounds(lol). For all us CL fans Carrie Fisher is only 25 pounds. I think that 45 is steep especially when you have a few family members that want 2 c him.

Go on SM give it a try? ;):headscratch:

a guest of mr lee's calibre can pretty much set his own price, regardless, i reckon.

SM have to pay for him, we have to pay SM. alternatively, i suggest hunting him down, but the problem there is that its likely to cost more to find him than to get his auto on this occasion :P

Ok most wont want more than one but the option should be there for those who have forked out for this priviledge otherwise what have we paid £175 for?! ;)

thats not enough?!!!

its a fairly distributed way - you get ONE definite ticket per gold pass, and like everyone else have to queue for a second ticket. hell, you still stand a better chance than the rest - you can get your second ticket straight after getting your pass, as i understand the ticket is being held with the pass for you.

if thats not enough, then would you be willing to pay his fee for a private signing?:P

Go on SM give it a try? :P:P

a guest of mr lee's calibre can pretty much set his own price, regardless, i reckon.

SM have to pay for him, we have to pay SM. alternatively, i suggest hunting him down, but the problem there is that its likely to cost more to find him than to get his auto on this occasion :o

;):headscratch: Hi Did I read it right Gold Pass holders get a Mr Lee ticket included with your pass

thats not enough?!!!

Go on SM give it a try? :P:headscratch:

SM have to pay for him, we have to pay SM. alternatively, i suggest hunting him down, but the problem there is that its likely to cost more to find him than to get his auto on this occasion ;)

I understand what you are saying mate but at the end of the day when you buy a Gold Pass it does stipulate what benefits you get and all im saying is when an amazing guest is announced it just feels a bit funny to go back on what was originally said and make a new set of rules. Im not complaining really just throwing some thoughts out there. And no-one mentioned a private signing?? what you on about ? ;)

I understand what you are saying mate but at the end of the day when you buy a Gold Pass it does stipulate what benefits you get and all im saying is when an amazing guest is announced it just feels a bit funny to go back on what was originally said and make a new set of rules. Im not complaining really just throwing some thoughts out there. And no-one mentioned a private signing?? what you on about ? :blink:

what i mean by the private signing is to pay himthe money directly so you can get what you want signed. i simply mean it in that its likely gonna cost a LOT, probably too much, but for those who want more than what SM are offering then its a suitable alternative.

and hey - the rules have changed for EVERYBODY. you're still being given a jump-start, everyone else has to queue. you don't (as i understand it) pay for a talk ticket - and, while those are free for any other guest, they're being charged for for mr lee.

gold pass or not, mr lee is NOT the average guest, and i'm guessing that it was originally thought to be a dream that they could ever get him.

its meaning stricter restrictions, but for a special guest like this, a new set of rules is needed. as i say - NOT the average guest. thus average rules cannot apply.

:D

Ok most wont want more than one but the option should be there for those who have forked out for this priviledge otherwise what have we paid £175 for?! :D

thats not enough?!!!

if thats not enough, then would you be willing to pay his fee for a private signing?:angel:

Go on SM give it a try? :dance::thumbup:

SM have to pay for him, we have to pay SM. alternatively, i suggest hunting him down, but the problem there is that its likely to cost more to find him than to get his auto on this occasion :P

:jason::gorgeous: Hi Did I read it right Gold Pass holders get a Mr Lee ticket included with your pass

as far as i recall, its stated in TT's list of info - i'll find it now, and confirm.

6. can gold pass holders go up more than once?

SM rwill eserve one VT. If you want to go through again, you'll have to collect other VT like everyone else.

yep, confirmed - reserved ticket for gold pass holders.

im taking a guess here but if sm are reserving VQ tickets they are gonna be a low number ie from the starting number which means you will be able to join the queue whenever you feel like it as long as you produce the VQ ticket

:gorgeous:

Bloody h.. OMG

... to bad i cant make it :angel:((((((( and the £45.. is no opshen .. cant even send my LOTR book to some one to get it signed..... :thumbup:

Hamill, Hamill, Hamill, Hamill :jason:

<lol> ok him 2 :)

hamm gess i'm just glad i have his auto on the topps LOTR trading card .. since it a no photos thing this Is the almost best thing after meeting him... still wished i could get him in my LOTR book

SM you beter get him to the another show in the UK :))))

and you lot be on your best behaviar for him so he'l wont to come to another show - pleeeeeaaaaasesesesese :gorgeous: