GUEST PRICES

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shocked at both Jorge and Maggie charging £20. Jorge I can kinda understand coz he's in it a lot. I met Jorge at Gmex for £20 but wouldn't pay that again as he wasn't the chattiest man ever, but for £15 I probably woulda done.

Will still meet Maggie tho and not moan on the day :rolleyes:

They have changed, i heard Elijah was going to be £25 but now they've dropped a £5 off so thats a bit of luck. but i'll still take £30 jst in case i always take a few extra pounds jst in case a guest does put there price up like a certain Mr Burton at Collectormania

Bet Maggie's gone up because Jorge was charging more!

My feeling too. I was considering meeting Jorge again but since he won't probably allow posed pictures, I'm definitely going to save £20 on him now.

He wouldn't be having posed pictures? Why not :dance:

too many ppl possibly.

but you can only try on the day... try to be among the earliest in though, cuz anyone busy enough won't have posed photos throughout the day, but might have them for the first 30 mins/hour. might

Jorge had a sign at Gmex saying 'no posed photos' but we met him at around 3pm and he let us, not sure how it was earlier in the day but he wasn't overly busy. I think the price put a lot of people off, I woulda got 2 things at £15 but for £20 just the one.

• Moderators

Well the Lost guests are coming from a long way away, and are in arguably the most popular new TV show of the last couple of years, so a high price is expected especially considering how much they get paid per episode etc ^_^ I think £20 is reasonable enough right now. I mean we pay £10-15 for people who have been in stuff for a few seconds sometimes :)

Of course it's all relative to what your interest is, what you like and what you collect! :D

I hope Jorge and Maggie will do a posed photo, I aim to get there before opening so i should be able to get one before they get really busy surely?

Depends if they WANT photos or not, it could be a personal preference, but just check the ends of the queues for signs saying whether you can or not.

I hope Jorge and Maggie will do a posed photo, I aim to get there before opening so i should be able to get one before they get really busy surely?

some guests will generally object, as they don't want to be in photos.

and 'before opening' may not get you in quick enough.. remember that there's a thread where the votes are being counted for who's intending to arrive when - a large number intend to be there before 8AM, yet the show only starts at 9 (on saturday, and 10 on sunday)

ok, so not all of them are goin for jorge - but you can bet that a decent number probably will. my advice - aim for around 7:30 (unless you're after elijah, in which case thats the latest you should be there by ^_^ )

its been noted somewhere (by Too Tall) that posed photos aren't allowed after 700 tickets have been given out - regardless of what number the queue is actually at. this is to allow for everyone to have a better chance of gettin through the queue. so you might even stand a better chance closer to the end of the day, if its really quiet.

• Moderators

£20 for Maggie !!! :o and £20 for elijah is brilliant , she not even as half as famous as Elijah she should be £15.

It doesn't work on "how famous" they are though does it? It makes sense for Lost guests to be the same price I think, unless they're a guest star. The role of Shannon was never a guest one.

If people are willing to pay £15 for a bit part LOTR background actor or a Star Wars one (which happens a LOT) then £20 is reasonable for a recent successful actress. I'm more than happy to pay it myself as I love Lost.

You can't really COMPARE guest prices because it never works out. Some people don't think Carrie's worth £25 when her main 'thing' was so many years ago, but to others it's one of the most important movies EVER so there ya go .. some think LOTR was an overhyped piece of crap and wouldn't wanna pay £20 for Elijah! :wub:

For me I am mainly only interested in Stargate and Atlantis so they were how I expected them to be priced.

I think £20 for Elijah is cheap... same with Alan at £15 I love Alan hes done some pretty good movies :o But anyway arent complaining just how I expected them tbh

:firedevil: I am a bit peeved as Gates was £15 now she is £20..the same situation with LeVar at collectormania 9...I want 2 video sleeves 2 dvd sleeves and my own 8x10 signed...that is £100 rather than £75..what bank shall i rob as I also want Carrie and Peter!

remember that Jorge only did one day at GMEX explaining the NO posed photos as the start to make sure if got to meet every one but by the end of the day he was allowing them and i got one so i would think as he is doing two days now he would allow them.

remember that Jorge only did one day at GMEX explaining the NO posed photos as the start to make sure if got to meet every one but by the end of the day he was allowing them and i got one so i would think as he is doing two days now he would allow them.

depends - if the crowds are too big, then there won't be.

If you got an autograph early when he isnt doing posed photos and went back when he didnt have a que, do you reckon he'll let you get a photo taken?

if there's no queue, MAYBE.

i didn't have enough money at LFCC!, so got a photo with levar burton at the end of the day, but brent spiner wasn't doin photos without an auto.

ultimatley, one thing must be remembered.

IT IS UP TO THE GUEST.

and if the guest doesn't want photos, they're not gonna do them at any point of the day.

i didn't have enough money at LFCC!, so got a photo with levar burton at the end of the day, but brent spiner wasn't doin photos without an auto.

Just pretty much a question directed at anyone who has been to conventions previously.. but does that happen often? Guests not doing photos without an autograph.. I know it really depends on the guest an all.. but just wondering if many other guests have done that in the past..

Edited by cptalbertwesker