C9 Crew Confirmation Emails

Jola

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon, Sah and anyone else rejected who's a bit dejected at the mo,

On behalf of Jola, Stuart and the Showmasters crew. I think it's fair to say that they have to be fair to everyone.

I've been turned down for events before, and yes it's a let down, but you only have to imagine half of the requests they get for people to crew.

They have a reputation to uphold and people who have crewed diligently in the past are known and trusted, they will remeber this and use it to their advantage where they can.

Almost every event they try to get some new people in to Crew, and they're lucky. But it's not everyones luck all the time unfortunately.

At least they are now getting speedier with their replies and you have more time to change your arrangements to fit so you can see your friends and not have to spend too much money because you're not crewing.

I'm sure it's nothing personal, but these things have to happen for the Showmasters shows to go ahead,

Phi xxx

954808[/snapback]

but ive crewed before and i thought perfomed all the tasks i was asked and ive missed out for 4 years in a row and i feel used as i said in my post. i can see no reason why i wasnt picked this time as ive surely missed out my fair share

Too many people applying for not enough jobs unfortunately. If anyone has any real problems with being rejected, then I'd suggest emailing Stuart and perhaps asking why if you really want to know.

It's better to do a polite email regarding the situation than coming on the forum and posting something like " I feel so used". Like Yvie said, that won't do you any favours for next time.

Just a suggestion! :)

954711[/snapback]

well ive sent many mails in the past without reply so i thought it best to hedge my bets and put it in more than one place.

and if u bothered to read why i said i felt used you'd understand why i used such strong laungage

and as for doing favours for next time, well they only thing i cld do to make my chances better is to find out who i annyoed and to applogize and beg them for forgivness, as im a total new person now as anyone who's read my blog latley knows, im heeled and 100% fit and just want to prove i can do it, to prove to people yes including you that im not as usuless as they think

• Moderators

You shouldn't 'feel used' though. It was your choice to advertise guests on other forums etc. Doing that doesn't guarantee a crew place, and it certainly shouldn't be done under the assumption that you'll be getting anything for it. Many people have helped with spreading the word about shows etc, and NOT because they believe they'll get a crew position out of it. That's not what voluntarily helping is about.

The amount of VOLUNTEERS compared to the amount of actual POSITIONS available ... it's just not workable. A lot of people have to be rejected, or cut down etc. I can't speak for Stuart and those who select crew members, but it's logical that those with experience and have been proven reliable etc will be chosen because they want the best crew possible. Of course that's not to say that new people and others aren't as good at the jobs but it's more of a risk.

It's tough, I know it is, but there are always going to be people who are unfortunately rejected. It has to be SOMEONE, and if it wasn't you then it'd be someone else feeling bad. In an ideal world, they'd take everyone on and no one would feel bad, but it's not a charity, it is a business and they attempt to choose the best crew possible for them.

as I said originally, I know there are far more volunteers than there are posts available BUT I have got experience and not just crewing for Showmasters; I've crewed mainstream conventions and for another event organiser as well and also I can see there needs to be a FAIR way of doing it so all I ask is how come everyone I'm rooming with (NOT paid for by SM) is crewing and I'm not? and how come people are doing ALL the days and I couldn't just do even ONE even though I volunteered for all of them? it will be great to see friends, a main reason to trek half way accross the country to come to these events, and have a lie-in but seeing as all my friends are crewing and will be up early...! ^_^

I'm not trying to be rude or give attitude and trust me I've been around long enough to know that people are rejected, it's happened to me twice in a row now :lol: I just feel that, unless I did something wrong at C8, in which case I'd hope to be told, that it is hardly fair that some people are crewing all the days and then others, such as myself and Simon aren't crewing any :uhoh: it's not like I live in MK and can just pop home or anything either and can't change hotel or travel plans as to get them cheap they was booked waaaaay back :help:

sorry for going on :o

surfy sah xx

They don't take whores on  :lol:

954908[/snapback]

They took me... :o

954911[/snapback]

:poki:

I knew if one person replied to me, it'd be you!

954916[/snapback]

:P

erhem ^_^

Got my email, had to go into work in day off to check :lol:

See all my crew buddies soon.

YAY

Marina xx

955116[/snapback]

:clap::clap::clap:

955129[/snapback]

:band:

955130[/snapback]