Who was your first.

mrsclairecarter

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my first auto was ballerina DAME MARGOT FONTEYN, at the stage door of the Kings's Theatre in Glasgow.

I'd run down three flights of stone steps after the performance so as to be first in line at the stage door. When she appeared in front of me and smiled that wonderful, warm smile I just about fainted.

"Can I have your autograph, please?

"NO AUTOGRAPHS!".

Her bodyguard knocked my pen and book to the floor.

I was just a little kid - mad about ballet - and had no idea she was being guarded because of the volatile situation in Panama, her politician husband's motherland.

She glared at the bodyguard, picked both items up PERSONALLY, handed them back and sweetly offered to sign my book next day and leave it with the stage doorman. Then, just as she used to do for Rodolf Nureyev at curtain calls, she prised a flower out of her bouquet and gave it to me. The adoring crowd went "OOOOOOHHhhhhhh!" I almost swooned!

Then off she went to the waiting Limo, tiny and regal in her mink coat.

What a night. I almost danced home in a dream, clutching my treasured flower.

Next morning I went back to collect my book.

She'd signed it:

VERY BEST WISHES - MARGOT FONTEYN ARIAS 1967

Sigh.

Pauline XX

Edited by orlandopassion

My first was Ryan Giggs (shame I'm talking about autographs really :lol: ). My neighbours mum lives next to his grandma and he was visiting her so they got him to sign a t-shirt for me. I had given them a special pen and everything and when I got the t-shirt back it was signed twice. Apparently he did it and then woke up in the middle of the night panicing because he had used the wrong pen so he signed it again.

1st paid for autograph was Billy Boyd at C3.

First Autographs Keith Michell - Six Wives of Henry VIII on the Royal Premier Programme. Roger Moore also signed the back of the programme - I didn't get these as I was too young to attend the premier (1970) - but Mum got them for me (Dad worked on the film).

One of my first Autographs was Jon Pertwee ages ago - another was Clive Barker who was wonderful I'd just arrived at the book shop in Edinburgh (where I was on holiday) he was just about to leave the shop but stopped back to sign my books and also some other items I had for Friends.

I've been collecting autos for over 13 years now.

First paid for Auto? - I think this was Donald Sinden which I got in an Auction!

First CM auto - Tricia Helfer CM8 - it was the first time I'd actually decided to get autos at CM.

Anne