Are you gonna pay £90 for a Buzz Aldrin sig ?

dufresne

Choose from :  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Choose from :

• It's BUZZ ALDRIN - no question !
    • I will if I have the money at the time
    • I would if I could afford it
    • I would if it was cheaper
    • I am not interested in Buzz Aldrin
    • I am not attending Autographica

Hell Yeh!

£90 is cheap for Buzz.........autos on his website go for $350 so its agood price.

To meet two (inc. Charlie Duke) of only 12 people to walk on the moon is an opportunity not to be missed in my humble opinion!

B)

I come from a generation that precedes men going where no men had gone before and guys jumping through Stargates, either to other worlds, Atlantis or anywhere else. Unfortunately, people today tend to take for granted the huge achievement which was represented by the Apollo 11 mission and all those which followed..

As a result of the Shuttle missions etc, space travel today has become commonplace and as such, rarely justifies any media/press time unless there are problems. I well remember the excitement of actually being able to witness a man taking his first step on the moon and for that reason, the opportunity to meet Buzz Aldrin is one which cannot be missed regardless of price. I can't believe that people can get so worked up about Sci Fi film and TV heroes and yet turn their back on a real hero like this guy.

I'm starting to sound like my father so I think it's time I got down off my soapbox but needless to say I will be there for Buzz.

I guess when all's said and done I probably will. It would be nice to finally know once and for all that it did happen and isnt just a conspiracy thing, but I guess that won't be cleared up this weekend...!

886280[/snapback]

No consipiracy exists, man did go to the moon.

As well as the hard work that went into getting to the moon in the first place (not just Project Apollo but Project Mercury & Gemini and other associated projects) and those whose lost their lives in the process, the Apollo astronauts left experiments on the moon some of which are still working to this day!

Edited by Mr Wiggly

I am looking at this as more of an Investment, than the normal autos I get. Most of which I get for enjoyment, to meet people from TV shows or movies which I enjoy, that may nor may not be worth something in years to come.

In Buzz Aldrin's case, I see this as a unique opportunity to meet, hopefully get a photo with and also an auto from someone who has done something very few have done.

Only twelve men walked on the Moon, Buzz was also on the Historic first mission to the Moon , Apollo 11 which is probably the most famous space mission ever.

This really is a unique opportunity.

I voted not attending autographica, already got plans to be some where else in London this weekend :D

I know this guy is elite and rare and walked on the moon but £90? that's half a month's uni money! plus to be fair I wouldn't pay that much for ANYONE either! £50 is about top and that would have to be Richard Dean Anderson :wub:

it'll prob be £90 for cattle prodding rushed ness of hey *squiggle* *smile* nice to meet you, next! kinda thing :blink: *thinks of meeting Shatner and Fisher* :blush:

surfy sah xx

I voted not attending autographica, already got plans to be some where else in London this weekend :D

I know this guy is elite and rare and walked on the moon but £90? that's half a month's uni money! plus to be fair I wouldn't pay that much for ANYONE either! £50 is about top and that would have to be Richard Dean Anderson :wub:

it'll prob be £90 for cattle prodding rushed ness of hey *squiggle* *smile* nice to meet you, next! kinda thing  :blink:  *thinks of meeting Shatner and Fisher*  :blush:

surfy sah xx

886368[/snapback]

Apparently not. Spoke to Dave on Sunday who indicated that Buzz Aldrin likes to spend time talking to the people who come to see him.

I know this guy is elite and rare and walked on the moon but £90? that's half a month's uni money! plus to be fair I wouldn't pay that much for ANYONE either! £50 is about top and that would have to be Richard Dean Anderson :wub:surfy sah xx

886368[/snapback]

Once again, hormones conquer genuine human achievement ! :blush::blink:

it'll prob be £90 for cattle prodding rushed ness of hey *squiggle* *smile* nice to meet you, next! kinda thing  :blink:  *thinks of meeting Shatner and Fisher*  :blush:

surfy sah xx

886368[/snapback]

Apparently not. Spoke to Dave on Sunday who indicated that Buzz Aldrin likes to spend time talking to the people who come to see him.

886379[/snapback]

Whilst this all sounds very honourable, I hope he doesn't spend too long. I am sure we all have loads of questions we can ask him, but that is one of the reasons he is doing a separate talk. I would rather you could get a photo with him, than a chat.

I agree to a certain extent it's nice to have a quick chat with the guests but if you want to ask loads of questions then that should be done at the talk. Granted not everyone can afford to do the talks and get autos so it is just a case of common sense. As for it being an investment I agree with this, some auto's you collect as they are in favourite films, tv etc... Buzz Aldrin definitly money well spent.

Just one question any of you guys going to have anything quoted on this? If so what?

Just one question any of you guys going to have anything quoted on this? If so what?

886468[/snapback]

I am seriously debating getting my Simpsons poster signed (the one of the full cast). I want him to put "Second comes right after first" (if you have seen "his" episode") but that's an expensive signature ! Will probably chicken out and get a straight forward 8x10 sig .....

886468[/snapback]

I want him to put "Second comes right after first" (if you have seen "his" episode") but that's an expensive signature !

886725[/snapback]

and we dont know yet if he will charges for each word added

Admittedly Buzz Aldrin was the second man on the moon, remembers misspent youth sitting up all night watching James Burke on BBC with live transmission of Neil Armstrong taking that first step and then him and Buzz kangarooing around the moon.

Which ever way you look at it £90 is expensive, remember Charlie Duke, also went to the moon and set a record, wil he also decide to charge £90 for also doing his duty, and then you have Carpenter who was the second American in space when the flights were still in their infancy and who knows what could have happened.

I'm sorry to say this, and will be probably be burnt to crisp with all the flaming ;) that I expect to get back, but at the end of the day Buzz is expensive due to greed in search of the great American dollar.

Why else would he charge £90 for an autograph, then £x for any additional word simply for doing what he volunteered to do while in the US navy, if you take that the allowed 1000 visitors each day will want Buzz's autograph that adds up to £180,000, less Dave and Garry's commision, and then add the appearance fee that adds up to a lot of money in anybodies terms.

but £90 is £90 is £90

this is true - i wouldn't mind getting buzz's auto but im a student so i have to save up in advance to come to these events and get autos anyway - so i just couldn't afford £90 on one person.

as for time spent with the guest- from what i understand - autographica is a much more laid back event and gives you the chance to relax with the guests and have a nice chat with them rather than rushing round to get autos like you would normally do at cm etc etc/

i think skylover was messing around when he suggested he charged for each word by the way

but £90 is £90 is £90

this is true - i wouldn't mind getting buzz's auto but im a student so i have to save up in advance to come to these events and get autos anyway - so i just couldn't afford £90 on one person.

as for time spent with the guest- from what i understand - autographica is a much more laid back event and gives you the chance to relax with the guests and have a nice chat with them rather than rushing round to get autos like you would normally do at cm etc etc/

i think skylover was messing around when he suggested he charged for each word by the way

886981[/snapback]

Unfortunately not. Spoke to Dave last week who confirmed that there would probably be an additional charge for anything more than the basic signature. I understand that photographs will be free though

Unfortunately not.  Spoke to Dave last week who confirmed that there would probably be an additional charge for anything more than the basic signature.  I understand that photographs will be free though

887009[/snapback]

Looking at the price he is charging, plus his appearance fee, it looks like he is saving up to pay for a private flight back to the moon :huh:

Unfortuantely, judging by the responses on this thread it still looks like he will be popular, and while he is he will still charge enormous amounts of money for autograph.

Obviously he must have a crap Navy/NASA pension