Latest Guest Announcement WILLIAM SHATNER

showmasters

I REALLY need to know which day(s) the man is signing as I'm going to have to close my business for the day if it's either Friday or Saturday.

Can I please make a suggestion to SM with regard to this guest. No matter when he is signing, please have a seperate queue outside for attendees who want to meet him and who have arrived early in order to do so, as you did with James Marsters on the Monday at C7. This would save everyone a lot of trouble as with a single dedicated queue you would have more control over the crowd and be able to distribute tickets easier. The big problem on the Sunday at C7 for James Marsters was when about three or four doors at the MK centre were simultaneously opened and people who had been queuing for hours suddenly found themselves amongst the last to get virtual Q tickets. On the Monday this problem was solved by having everyone who wanted to meet James lining up at the back of the shopping centre until the event opened. Those people who thought that they didn't have to bother lining up were sent straight to the back and those of us who had spent a couple of hours outside got lowish numbered tickets and were spared the disappointment of the day before.

Can I also suggest that dealers are given an opportunity either before or after the public have attended as they were arriving in the Sunday queue with arms full of merchandise, meaning that those of us who had travelled just to see James Marsters were mising out on meeting him.

You know that William Shatner is going to be the busiest guest of the Weekend, please use your experience of organising these events to ensure that there are no problems for attendees who've come just for this one guest.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know that William Shatner is going to be the busiest guest of the Weekend, please use your experience of organising these events to ensure that there are no problems for attendees who've come just for this one guest.

866272[/snapback]

Yeah, because they deserve special treatment ! :D

Why is everyone comparing this appearance by Shatner to James Marsters? Will the folks at Collectormania 2030 be going as nuts for Marsters as they are now? Doubt it!

Marsters is big in the Buffy world, and they make up a seemingly inordinate amount of footfall for Showmasters.

In the real world, Shatner's in a totally different league! Two major TV series, neither spun off from the other. How many folks would get Marsters' parody of Spike in a movie in 2 years time. Compare that to his TJ Hooker in Showtime. Parody Spike, no general recognition. Parody Hooker, Big recognition, Big laughs..

Let's not forget that Bill is also the main guy in the All Time Classic 'Twilight Zone', 'Nightmare at 20,000 Feet', plus a few other episodes, all pre-dating Kirk!

I must say though that it'll be a real test of Showmasters' organisational skills to run his appearance whilst trying to please the novelty hunters, the Trekkies, and those just after The Big Guy's autograph. It could put off quite a few potential recruits to the collecting game, and make us all look sad gits... Or could be a masterstroke.

Why is everyone comparing this appearance by Shatner to James Marsters? Will the folks at Collectormania 2030 be going as nuts for Marsters as they are now? Doubt it!

James Masters is a bit more sexy....Bill was a very handsome man in his day...

No really though, its the organisational point that Mondasant63 is making! Hes saying that the queing went very wrong one morning when many doors were opened while on the Monday it was well organised. I am hoping a single que is looked over by the mighty showmasters crew then there wont be a scary scrum!

ref to Bran Flakes, I thank Mr Shatner for his good advertising advice, my bowels are a lot less sluggish now, tar!

• Showmasters Admin
Why is everyone comparing this appearance by Shatner to James Marsters?

I must say though that it'll be a real test of Showmasters' organisational skills to run his appearance whilst trying to please the novelty hunters, the Trekkies, and those just after The Big Guy's autograph. It could put off quite a few potential recruits to the collecting game, and make us all look sad gits... Or could be a masterstroke.

866746[/snapback]

I don't think anyone is comparing them as actors, or on what they've done. People are just comparing them because JM was the last guest to have a queue that was anything like what WS's will be.

It will be a hassle but SM have learnt of the years and I'm sure they'll sort this out. As the seperate queue worked for JM at C7, I'd guess they will do the same for WS.

OMG!

this is such good news, i really really hope i can atleast catch a glimpse of "The Shatner"

i hope he turns up at the party 2, lets have a drink with captin kirk!

he is going to be a que all night outside cmk if you wanna be sure of an auto kinda guest a'la Elija, Carrie and James Masters, and i have a feeling there will be many disapointed people, but i will be jelous of those who meet him for he is a true legend of both the big and small screen!

my hat goes off to showmasters, and to jason! well done i salute you sir!

i also think that sainsburys will run out of that cereal! lol i wonder how many he'll sign before he gets bored of the joke!

and he was in one of the funniest eppisodes of Futurama ever!

wasnt in Family Guy even though he featured in a few of the eppisodes!

wow well done and it will be nice to c him there if u can!

Edited by Hero_of_Time

I'm going to sit near the area where William is signing and watch the madness :firedevil:

:P Just read that he was Professor Friedrich Bhaer in Little Women on TV. Well, that casting director should be shot :unsure:

I do have a soft spot for Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country :D

I'm too scared to meet him ;)

Edited by Gandalfia

I was surprised when I just got the latest email update. I had to read it twice and check the website and forum just to make sure.

I'm not a fan of Kirk myself, Spock/Bones/Scotty were my characters (but then again I was the same with Buffy - she was irritaing but I loved the supporting characters)

T J Hooker was brilliant :) (what does Adrian Zmed look like now?) but my latest fascination is for Boston Legal which is an incredibly funny and well written show (with the added bonus of James Spader!)

Anyone who hasn't seen William Shatner in this show should be kicking themselves as he plays the character extremely well.

Although many factors will come into play, like the day he attends, taking out a small mortgage, being unable to lap the MK centre all morning for tickets, I hope on the off chance that you will have Boston Legal pics too as it deserves a lot of credit.

CRIKEY!!!!!! -_- I would actually quite like to meet him! No £ tho as usual!! that is ace tho!! well done SM!

867511[/snapback]

If you check my ANSWERS thread it does say he'll be £25.

867604[/snapback]

I took it to mean that he / she was broke ?

• Moderators
CRIKEY!!!!!! -_- I would actually quite like to meet him! No £ tho as usual!! that is ace tho!! well done SM!

867511[/snapback]

867604[/snapback]

867691[/snapback]

Yep that's what she meant!

Think TT has turned into an automatic answer-giving robot :blink:

• Showmasters Admin
CRIKEY!!!!!! :D I would actually quite like to meet him! No £ tho as usual!! that is ace tho!! well done SM!

867511[/snapback]

867604[/snapback]

867691[/snapback]

You're right I miss read it this morning -_- I'm not awake until at least 9am. Sorry Nell :blink:

Edited by Too Tall

T J Hooker was brilliant :) (what does Adrian Zmed look like now?) but my latest fascination is for Boston Legal which is an incredibly funny and well written show (with the added bonus of James Spader!)

Anyone who hasn't seen William Shatner in this show should be kicking themselves as he plays the character extremely well.

Although many factors will come into play, like the day he attends, taking out a small mortgage, being unable to lap the MK centre all morning for tickets, I hope on the off chance that you will have Boston Legal pics too as it deserves a lot of credit.

867584[/snapback]

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but William Shatner won the Emmy Award on Sunday for Best Supporting Actor beating Terry O'Quinn and Naveen Andrew of Lost. I've yet to see Boston Legal but from this it sounds promising.

Feck it I have ordered my autograph from MSPG its the only way I can see me getting one! Depending on the day / time ( I can only attend on Friday) I may queue up for another and if I get one I will give to a good friend of mine that is a massive Trekkie and isn't very well at the moment.