Explosions in London.

Smaug

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sat here shocked, been trying to think about what I can type in here for about 10 minutes now. I'm just in complete shock.

We all are... There are no words...

*Hugs*.

I'm just waiting to hear if my cousin is alright, he had a gig tonight somewhere in London

Erm *hugs* to everyone I guess

Network Rail are basically saying its fine for overland trains to run, and most London stations should now be open, with the exception of Kings Cross, though I imagine Liverpool Street will be needed for crime scene activities too.

I would expect that bus services will begin to pick up, and the affected areas are now very isolated, and that people should be ok to get home, albiet with long delays.

Why do I have this nagging feeling that attacks like this is something we're going to see happening more and more often. The scary thought is that it takes so little to do this : a bit of explosives (which you can get easily or make even easier) and a few nutbags and that's it.

The most important thing to do is not to give in to these people. I know it's a reflex to actually try to avoid public transport and/or public places, but by doing so you would help them accomplish their target : make people afraid. We all have to make a stance here.

My thoughts, sympathies and hugs are with all those affected. Bless you all.

thats what i was trying to say earlier... but in the speed of this thread i think it got lost.

we cant stop using the underground. once this clears up we should stick to our plans. i for one wont let these terrorists dictate where i go, how i travel or how i live my life.

we cant let them win.

=x=

Definitely I will keep coming to London and use the tube.

Why do I have this nagging feeling that attacks like this is something we're going to see happening more and more often. The scary thought is that it takes so little to do this : a bit of explosives (which you can get easily or make even easier) and a few nutbags and that's it.

The most important thing to do is not to give in to these people. I know it's a reflex to actually try to avoid public transport and/or public places, but by doing so you would help them accomplish their target : make people afraid. We all have to make a stance here.

thats what i was trying to say earlier... but in the speed of this thread i think it got lost.

we cant stop using the underground. once this clears up we should stick to our plans. i for one wont let these terrorists dictate where i go, how i travel or how i live my life.

we cant let them win.

=x=

as me, I like getting the tube :D

we cant let them win.

=x=

im glad to hear it!

=x=

I'm sat here shocked, been trying to think about what I can type in here for about 10 minutes now. I'm just in complete shock.

We all are... There are no words...

*Hugs*.

I'm just waiting to hear if my cousin is alright, he had a gig tonight somewhere in London

Erm *hugs* to everyone I guess

I'm sure that he's fine. I hope that you hear from him soon.

You folks had me worried and the museum Cher.

Thankyou for the concern. I really appreciate it.

Luckily dad is working in the evening today, and mum is on leave, so they were at home. Very, very lucky, indeed.

God Bless those that were not as fortunate...

Just saw the news. They gave the time for the Kings Cross bomb at about 9.40am. But I definitely heard a bomb between 9.10 and 9.30am. As did everyone in my area, we all heard it.

It wasn't the bus bomb either, cos that was later.

What did I hear then?!

The police have only confirmed 4 explosions? Hmmm, I'm confused.

Whats confusing me at the moment is that everyone is saying about 7 blasts but I can only find 6 places listed, does this mean in one location there has been more than 1 blast?

Russell Sq, Kings Cross, Moorgate, Liverpool St, Aldgate, Aldgate East, Edgware Rd.

Ahh cheers its the Aldgate one that was throwing me out.

I know it is confusing, confused me when I went to university. Two of my buildings are across the road from either station.

**hugs to Cher2a and Tara**

I am glad everything is ok with you guys

Thanks. I needed that. I appreciate the concern.

I don't like hugging, but thanks. I could really do with all the hugs that I could get, right now.

God Bless everyone, anywhere, who is effected by these attacks.

Edited by Cher2a

sky news...

fatalities up to 45 with more sure to follow

=x=

I'm afraid this number will increase as the day goes :D

I don't even want to think about it...

i know what you mean.

and the thing that gets me is that they have no way of knowing exactly how many people was travelling. its not like on a plane when you have a flight manifest. anyone can get on a bus.

=x=

Just saw the news. They gave the time for the Kings Cross bomb at about 9.40am. But I definitely heard a bomb between 9.10 and 9.30am. As did everyone in my area, we all heard it.

What did I hear then?!

I dont think we have been told all the final details yet.

sky news...

=x=

I'm afraid this number will increase as the day goes :D

That's my main fear as well. I remember the attack in Madrid, which started off with some 30 deaths and we all know where that ended.

* hopes and prays it doesn't go that way today !! *

sky news...

=x=

I'm afraid this number will increase as the day goes :o

i know what you mean.

and the thing that gets me is that they have no way of knowing exactly how many people was travelling. its not like on a plane when you have a flight manifest. anyone can get on a bus.

=x=

Gem have you managed to get in touch with Simone yet?

:D

P.S. Hope everyone is ok!

Those of you on LJ might want to check out this

http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?us...r=london_070705

What did I hear then?!

I dont think we have been told all the final details yet.

no we havent. they wont tell us details until confirmed. not from official sources anyways. but i know the news has already told us about a lot more.

glad matt and jody are ok. i didnt realise i knew so many blooody people in london.

=x=

sky news...

=x=

i know what you mean.

=x=

yes hun. shes fine. slept throigh most of it. shes posted further up.

=x=

No, it seems pretty clear it was 4 explosions.

One between Liverpool Street & Aldgate East.

One at Edgeware Road.

One between Kings Cross & Russell Square.

And the bus.

Id imagine the explsion heard around 9.10am, would have been the Kings Cross/Russell Square one.

The First two were around 8.50am, the Kings Cross one soon after, and the bus at 9.45am.

sky news...

=x=

i know what you mean.

=x=

yes hun. shes fine. slept throigh most of it. shes posted further up.

=x=

Phew! Cue sigh of relief!