Explosions in London.

Smaug

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah scared the meep out of me, glad all is semi cool though

How can you say its semi cool? How is being attacked semi cool? Its just very lucky so far that there are not many fatalities, but hundreds of people are injured, that is totally not semi cool.

Whats confusing me at the moment is that everyone is saying about 7 blasts but I can only find 6 places listed, does this mean in one location there has been more than 1 blast?

Russell Sq, Kings Cross, Moorgate, Liverpool St, Aldgate, Aldgate East, Edgware Rd.

Ahh cheers its the Aldgate one that was throwing me out.

I know it is confusing, confused me when I went to university. Two of my buildings are across the road from either station.

**hugs to Cher2a and Tara**

I am glad everything is ok with you guys

*hugs everyone that was involved directly, indirectly or knows someone who is*

Thanks. I needed that.

I don't like hugging, but thanks. I could really do with all the hugs that I could get, right now.

God Bless everyone, anywhere, who is effected by these attacks.

Edited by Cher2a

Good to know you are alright Tara, and everyone else of course. Had the day off from work today so had no idea what had happened until i got a phone call, then its been relatives all morning.

Luckily i live in Docklands and nothing has happened in my little area as far as i know, although i assume things must be manic in Canary wharf right now. None of the trains and buses are working though and one of my friends who works just off piccadily circus has said that his building got locked down and when he finally gets out he will have to walk all the way home (about 3 hours).

Simone

Good to know you are alright Tara, and everyone else of course. Had the day off from work today so had no idea what had happened until i got a phone call, then its been relatives all morning.

Luckily i live in Docklands and nothing has happened in my little area as far as i know, although i assume things must be manic in Canary wharf right now. None of the trains and buses are working though and one of my friends who works just off piccadily circus has said that his building got locked down and when he finally gets out he will have to walk all the way home (about 3 hours).

Simone

Glad to hear your ok Simone, Gemma did tell me earlier once shegot through to you :D

Cool, mobiles been on and off all morning so i abandoned my house phone after my mum, dad and brother had all gotten hold of me and jumped on the internet. Keep getting phone calls on my mobile from friends trying to get hold of me, even though they now i live in east london not central, and my mobile keeps hanging up on them.

How can you say its semi cool? How is being attacked semi cool? Its just very lucky so far that there are not many fatalities, but hundreds of people are injured, that is totally not semi cool.

I was not sayin the attack was semi cool. I was saying its good that things are semi cool with Cher2a as in her and her family are ok phiscally and in that context SHE is semi cool.

Don`t accuse me of anything like that. This is a f***ing outrage and I hope they find whoever is responsible and slowly kill them and their familys.

Get your facts straight

Cool, mobiles been on and off all morning so i abandoned my house phone after my mum, dad and brother had all gotten hold of me and jumped on the internet. Keep getting phone calls on my mobile from friends trying to get hold of me, even though they now i live in east london not central, and my mobile keeps hanging up on them.

Prfft what use is modern technology! lol!

;)

Simone

glad your ok hun. you were the last person to get in touch so everyone i know is ok now!

=x=

As I understand it all mobile networks in particular vodafone have done something with their network to allow only emrgency services to use it.

Sky News are running a facility where you can leave messages for people in London or out of London.

Cool, mobiles been on and off all morning so i abandoned my house phone after my mum, dad and brother had all gotten hold of me and jumped on the internet.  Keep getting phone calls on my mobile from friends trying to get hold of me, even though they now i live in east london not central, and my mobile keeps hanging up on them.

Prfft what use is modern technology! lol!

;)

the news said that networks have given priority to emergency services. thats why people arent getting through.

=x=

All key people have special chips in there phones that allow them to use mobiles seperate to the network. All companies can suspend normal service and all persons with these chips will still be able to use the networks

I was not sayin the attack was semi cool. I was saying its good that things are semi cool with Cher2a as in her and her family are ok phiscally and in that context SHE is semi cool.

Don`t accuse me of anything like that. This is a f***ing outrage and I hope they find whoever is responsible and slowly kill them and their familys.

Get your facts straight

Well maybe if you make your posts a bit more politically correct and quote the person you are talking to then maybe people wont make false assumptions. Your post was made to look as if you were talking about the attack in general not to Cher2a. ;)

Get your facts straight

Well maybe if you make your posts a bit more politically correct and quote the person you are talking to then maybe people wont make false assumptions. Your post was made to look as if you were talking about the attack in general not to Cher2a. ;)

I was trying to show my support to a friend who was upset. To tell her I was glad she was ok.

You jumped to assuptions kid and you are completely out of order!

Actually this is a time when my thoughts should be with the people that them. There is no point me even trying to talk to this kid

Edited by Dom

Oh my god i am so scared right now....

my heart goes out to all the people in london today and i really really hope everyone with friends and family in london has found them to be safe!

i called my friend who lives right ontop of ballam tube station this morning and told her to keep away from windows ect and keep safe.

all my realations that live in london are fine thank god, as they live on the outskirts..

i hope beyond hope that this is a one off and that no one else gets hurt today, my prayers go out to londoners!

There are four confirmed sites where police are dealing with reported explosions this morning. These are:

1) Russell Square and King’s Cross underground

2) Moorgate, Aldgate, and Liverpool Street underground

3) Edgware Road underground

4) Tavistock Square, where there has been a confirmed explosion on a bus.

The emergency services are working together in a co-ordinated response and liaising with hospitals to rescue those injured.

The London Underground system has been suspended however the Network Rail system is still in operation. We would urge anyone who doesn’t need to come into London today not to do so. If you are already in London wherever possible please limit travelling around the capital.

The Met continues to respond to 999 emergency calls but non-emergency calls will have a seriously delayed response.

We cannot at this stage confirm the number of those injured, though casualties are multiple. There are believed fatalities but again numbers are not confirmed.We are also asking members of the public not to contact police at this stage

unless it is a genuine emergency.

There is likely to be some disruption to children’s journeys home from schools. Schools will be liaising with local education authorities to ensure that children are kept safe until arrangements can be made with their parents to collect them.

We will be issuing a telephone number shortly for Casualty Bureau.

For transport information click here

Statement from the Commissioner

This si from the Scotland Yard website if anyone needs to know.

Get your facts straight

I was trying to show my support to a friend who was upset. To tell her I was glad she was ok.

How the hell was I supposed to know you were talking to her, use the forum properly, you always moan at people who dont. And I aint no kid mate ^_^

Its nice of you to make sure your friend is ok, but just make it a bit clearer to who you are talking to next time please.

Thanks

Get your facts straight

Sorry, guys. Didn't mean to confuse, and cause an argument.

Thankyou for your kind words, and I hope that you're managing, also.

And Dom, thankyou so much for calling me a friend. I know it sounds crazy, but I really appreciate that.

Statement from Commissioner

There have been at least six explosions in London this morning.

We are advising members of the public not to travel into London. Public

transport in London will be affected in the next few days.

We are also asking members of the public not to contact police at this stage

unless it is a genuine emergency.

We are co-ordinating the other emergency services in responding to this

major incident.

We will be issuing a telephone number shortly for worried relatives.

It is too early to confirm the numbers of casualties at this stage.

We hope to have the situation under control very soon.

Again from Scotland Yard if anyone needs to know.