BATTLE!

theoden_of_rohan

Which franchise is your favourite?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which franchise is your favourite?

• Star Wars
    • The Lord of the Rings

Ok, surely we are all big and ugly enough to discuss this without loads of abuse being thrown around

(although, that can be fun...mwahahahaha)

So, what do you think?

Personally I am totally stuck...although I'd probably end up going for Star Wars! Well, there are twice as many for your money LMAO! :D

Five to one for LotR's!

I like LotR's more because there is so much more to it? Well I'm saying this very one sided as the only piece of Star Wars anything I own is a mini lightsabre I got in a cornflakes packet. The only film I saw was Attack of the Clones, and I wasn't really paying attention... *winkwinknudgenudge*

What I like about LotR's is you can take any number of parts in the fandom, you don't have to be a fan of the films, you can be one of only the books, or you can be an all round Tolkienite. You can cosplay, roleplay or study the mythology and legend involved. Or even study the languages Tolkien created for all his books. The information about Tolkien's worlds is so indepth it's hard to believe that he didn't just pluck them from our own history. Plus it's origins come from Beowulf one of the best stories ever!!

They are both different franchises tho. LOTR started as a book, and Star Wars started as a film. I dont think they could really be compared as franchises and doesnt really make a fair poll!

Did any of that make sense? ^_^

haha this could get verrrry interesting!!!

like I even need to say what I voted for!! (lotr, obv!) but I have to say I do agree with Davey, they are so different its hard to really compare them to make a decision! tho I did, so I kinda contradicted myself!!

fuff it, LOTR ALL THE WAY!!! ^_^

They are both different franchises tho. LOTR started as a book, and Star Wars started as a film. I dont think they could really be compared as franchises and doesnt really make a fair poll!

Did any of that make sense? :unsure:

You are so picky LOL!!!!! And of course you can compare them...it's like comparing coffee and tea! Sure one comes in a bag and the other you spoon out of a jar but you could still ask which your prefer!!

Now, shut it you!!! You knew what I meant ^_^

LoTR becuz iv neva eva seen SW

Errrrr...you're kidding right...not even the old trilogy?? :P

As for the answer to the question, for myself. Altho you can't really compare the two...it's tough, but for preference :D LOTR for me...