That is it no more guests

i have stopped moaning now but i HAVE to say there is only 19 guests appearing both days

thats a low count for Showmasters

just commenting

JA

It is pretty bizarre, isn't it?

Whatever happened to their motto 'we will always be asking stars to attend, right up until the day of the event'?

:unsure:

I assume it's all just a bad dream, or there are gremlins in the works.

;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do feel disappointed, especially after the Collectormania guestlist was pretty poor. I could understand them trying to make more of a profit on that, but now I get the impression they're not really trying to get interesting people, I'm sorry but there's no way they couldnt get a huge bunch of last minute small part Star Wars, Bond and LOTR guests if they wanted to, they pretty much live off signings, and people like me would still have been happy to see them.

now im not joking Kenny Baker to come would be good just so we have 20 guests coming both days

(im not counting the model thingy women :unsure: )

well if SM's have no more now i will be fine with it

but who knows maybe BBB is a secret worker tryin to throw us off, nope just my imagination

JA

I think that having Warwick Davies and Kenny Baker for London is not good, they appear at almost every SM event. They were at CM6 and 7.

The Doctor Who guests are regulars (CM7).

The women who have nothing to do with LFCC is taking up space.

I just think that LFCC3 is rather thin with big guests with more than enough regulars such as Doctor Who.

I have it on good authortiy that there will be NO MORE annoucments.

Question: Hi SM, will there be any more

Answer: No there will not be as we are now full up with guests, the next LFCC will be July 2006.

Edited by BluebizzieB

Well, I'm really happy with some of the guests. I think most of people's moaning comes from SM first statement. I think they really should avoid such comments in the future as it raised people's expectations far too high. Also the comment about trying to book Joss Wheedon was inapropriate. They should announce guests only when they are booked, they claim to do that very often in the past but this time they did not follow their own rules.

This was my first and last message on the subject. People learn from their mistakes, let's check that later :unsure:

• Moderators

A lot of people assumed the "big one" meant there was gonna be loads of BIG guests .. that's all down to perception .. could be referring to everything else that will be there! Who knows, I guess we'll see once we get there :unsure:

And also having all these cancellations is a little sad.

Repeat guests = bad = less money = ppl have seen before over and over

It is like the trailer for the last Matrix, got hyped then let down after seeing the movie.

SM neeed to pull something out of the bag and recover from this.

With only 4 days left i think SM are thinking about setting up the stalls at the show.

I know it is dissapointing but lets show SM support here because if we don't LFCC4 might not happen. If we support SM at LFCC3 and we appreciate all their efforts, we might get rewarded for the next event.

Also having LFCC once year instead of twice a year is also disspointing.

All the guests have been annouced, live with it and show SM support by attending the event and being happy.

A lot of people assumed the "big one" meant there was gonna be loads of BIG guests .. that's all down to perception .. could be referring to everything else that will be there! Who knows, I guess we'll see once we get there :P

Maybe they meant guests of a large stature. ;):lol:

Thing is though, with so few guests, the bottom line is that we all will be spending much less money than usual meaning it is the SMs that will loose out, hence probably leading to another poor profit-recouporating CM.

Im going, but I have the kinda feeling you get when you pull a girl way out of your league and you get her home to find out she has a wonderbra on top and a d*** down below.

Dear God Dom are you speaking from experience? If so let's hear the story man!

Well I'm happy with the line up, and after 10 years of doing conventions/ collectors fairs/ store signings etc, I say be glad with who you see, yes there will be cancellations, yes people will have higher expectations, and there will be some suprises along the way. That at the end of the day is life, embrace the good, acknowledge the disappointing, and as the python's say "always look on the bright side of life" I'm sure showmasters have worked their butts off to deliver, be grateful for who they have managed to get if it wasn't for them and OCO there would be no signings, conventions or like-wise meet ups.

WELL DONE SHOWMASTERS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

Im gonna give LFCC a miss this year, although meeting Val and Ron was tempting its not worth driving 200 miles just for those 2. Im gonna wait till C8 as the guest list is much better so far and its only the initial listing, more guests to come.

Will be travelling from Leeds to London myself,guest line up is certainly worth it.I tend to collect autographs from a VERY wide selection of SciFi/Fantasy/Film types as have been a fan for over 30 years.Don't have any particular favourite but appreciate them all,so for me this kind of 'general' line up is great.I do also go to conventions that are based around certain shows,but that is because they are the current popular shows,no one really runs conventions for older shows that have long gone.In this respect LFACC & Collectormania are needed to fill that niche.

Have travelled from Leeds to London in one day & back just to get 1 or 2 autographs,mainly because they were people I thought I would never get to meet again.One of them was Carrie Fisher who then did an event 2 years later but the other was Claudia Black who I seriously doubt is going to do another UK event.(Showmasters please prove me wrong).

i think with any change of venue etc etc there are gonna be teething problems you can't expect sms to put ona event on the magnitude of san diego in only the third year of lfcc!!! it may not be the event people wanted it to be but things can only go up and up!

hey all

im actually verry happy with the guests that have been announced. all in all i think i will be going to see about 8 of the guests and all of those are guests i have wanted to meet but not had the opportunity, till now.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SHOWMASTERS!!

lots of love

sarah

:D

• Showmasters Admin
i think with any change of venue etc etc there are gonna be teething problems you can't expect sms to put ona event on the magnitude of san diego in only the third year of lfcc!!! it may not be the event people wanted it to be but things can only go up and up!

It's actually only the second year of LFCC :P But your point is still very valid :D

i think with any change of venue etc etc there are gonna be teething problems you can't expect sms to put ona event on the magnitude of san diego in only the third year of lfcc!!!  it may not be the event people wanted it to be but things can only go up and up!

It's actually only the second year of LFCC :P But your point is still very valid :D

Yeah well said dude, we all feel different about it, but if we give up support then it can`t get bigger and better!

Well my opinion is that expectations were set to high to begin with. SMs were saying how this event was going to be huge but in fact its turned out reasonably small.

If the origional statement hadn't put expectaions so high I think most people would be far less disapointed with this line up.

Personally I am quite happy with the line up. There are about 5 people that I want to meet and that will do me just fine as I can only just afford to meet them! (Im in the process of moving house which is somewhat expensive!). If there were any more guests that I wanted to meet I would have ended up more disapointed as I wouldn't have been able to get them all so its worked ou ok for me!

I think people are being a little harsh on C7 as well. There were a lot of very popular guests there, yes there was quite a bit of padding but that happens all the time anyway.

Th eway I see it is this - if you like the line up and there are people you want to meet go. If you don't like the line up don't go. Moaning really isn't going to help or get you anywhere.

Im going, but I have the kinda feeling you get when you pull a girl way out of your league and you get her home to find out she has a wonderbra on top and a d*** down below.

Bloody 'ell, what sorta girls have you been going out with then? :lol:

Im gonna give LFCC a miss this year, although meeting Val and Ron was tempting its not worth driving 200 miles just for those 2. Im gonna wait till C8 as the guest list is much better so far and its only the initial listing, more guests to come.

Are you SURE you're not trying to avoid me? :lol::D:blink: