Autographica guest announcement

• Moderators

Hello everyone

As you all know our show takes place over the Halloween weekend and everyone keeps asking us for some really good horror guests.

Well folks these two U.K first timers certainly fit the bill. They starred in one of the all time great horror movies and this will be their first trip to our shores. First time guests are really hard to find and you all know by now that we will not settle for second rate or run of the mill guests at our show.

We will be announcing them on sunday 12th June at 6pm.

Now no more clues until next week.

Dave Phillips

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if he means halloween the film specifically are we talking jamie lee???? I know she may seem too big of a star but he did say they were only settling for the best??

but wes craven is doing a con in the u.s - he culd be a possibility

if he means halloween the film specifically are we talking jamie lee???? I know she may seem too big of a star but he did say they were only settling for the best??

but wes craven is doing a con in the u.s - he culd be a possibility

Exactly what I was thinking lets hope it is Jamie Lee Curtis!!!!

GREAT!!!!!!

The post reads as though they were both in the same classic horror film, but neither have signed here before, so that rules out the likes of Bruce Campbell, Robert Englund, Tony Todd, Linda Blair, John Saxon, Andrew Divoff, Kane Hodder, Doug Bradley etc as all have signed before.

Hmmm ! Intriguing.

Autographica in the past had Tippi Hedren and were going to also have Rod Taylor as well from Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds", but then Tippi has already signed before, but could also be a pre 70/80 's Horror like this, which would also be seen as a classic.

They have also had people like Kevin McCarthy before who starred in Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

So, not really getting any closer am I, possibilities could be:

Heather Langenkamp and Jsu Garcia (Know as Nick Corri at the time) from Nightmare on Elm Street

PJ Soles and Charles Cyphers from Halloween

Or, could it be a real biggie ?

Edited by GoldenGreen

i think the thing with autographica that when it comes to the older stars you can never say never!

My dad would not believe me when i told him they had john mills at a previous con until i showed him the pics from last year!!!

if they can get someone who was as big as john mills then the there is endless possibiltys who it could be.

personally though jamie lee for me!

• Moderators

Hello guys

Only 3 days until we announce our new guests and some of you guys are way off the mark. Think about the really great horror movies that set the benchmark for all those films made after them. So i think it is time for another clue. Now listen carefully guys and Gals because any true horror fan will be able to work this out from the clues.

When this movie was released it had an 18 certificate (not much help that one)

This movie launched the career of one of it's minor role players who then went on to star in some real huge Hollywood blockbusters.

If you still don't get it i will leave another clue tomorrow.

Have fun

Dave Phillips

Hello guys

Only 3 days until we announce our new guests and some of you guys are way off the mark. Think about the really great horror movies that set the benchmark for all those films made after them. So i think it is time for another clue. Now listen carefully guys and Gals because any true horror fan will be able to work this out from the clues.

This movie launched the career of one of it's minor role players who then went on to star in some real huge Hollywood blockbusters.

If you still don't get it i will leave another clue tomorrow.

Have fun

Dave Phillips

Tease :(

Got me thinking...looking forward to the announcement

Think about the really great horror movies that set the benchmark for all those films made after them. So i think it is time for another clue. Now listen carefully guys and Gals because any true horror fan will be able to work this out from the clues.

the really great movies....so I guess it's an oldie....

Well...in 1976 Carrie came out, starring John Travolta, Amy Irving & Piper Laurie.....

Travolta was an unknown then & played a minor role, and he became a major star afterwards (Grease etc)!

Wow....he would be awesome.....currently I'm not going....but if he's there...O MY GOD!!!! Pulp Fiction baby!!!!

I like the possiblility of John Travolta and Sissy Spacek -- but if it's not them???

Could it be Jeff Goldblum? He had a minor role in Invasion of the Bodysnatchers 1978,

it was 18 cert and of course he's been in many blockbusters since.

Veronica Cartwirght was in that movie but then she's been here before so that would leave the 2nd guest as Brooke Adams OR Donald Sutherland !!

I still think Heather Langenkamp (J Depp was in NOES with her and is a massive star now), although I wouldnt rule out Max von Sydow (although I think he was established by the time of the excorsist, but was in flash gordon (cant remember if it was pre/after excorsist)

Flash Gordon was AFTER the Exorcist, so he could be the one...