Autographica guest announcement

I guessed drew earlier in this thread, her and mathew lillard were my picks. But i soon realised that it is highly unlikely now isn't it???

Lillard would be cool - or ANYONE from Scream !

I think we are at cross purposes here but. The way I read this, the guest was a small role in a big horror movie, and has gone on to Star in "blockbusters".

Drew was famous LONG before Scream - that was the irony, wasn't it ? Putting her in the pre-titles, so the audience would think she was the star, only for her to die in the first reel ?

Pretty certain it's a female anyway. My money's on Nancy Allen or Sissy Spacek ^_^

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i suppose so but drew never really came into her own until after scream with her production company etc etc

Check your DVD covers and you will see at least one of the guests pictured on the front and back of the case.

its this commet that intrigues me the most. i wouldn't imagine nancy allen or sissy spacek are on the covers of a lot fo dvd covers. also dave said it wasn't an oldie and i would class carrie as quite old.

as for other guesses; sam jackson had abit part in the exorcist 3 (but greatest horror film of all time?) but i guess it falls into most succesful horror film of all time category with it being part of the exorcist franchise.

john hurt only had a small part in alien ( but was he famous before it??) also not really blockbuster man is he? also ian holm was in this aswell

keith david had a aprt in the thing which was very early on in his career and has since been in volcano, armageddon, theres something about mary, pitch black 1+2 and is also in mr and mrs smith which have all done well at the box office!

Ihope it is keith david he is a legend

to me the greatest horror film of all time is the shining but apart from jack i can't think of anyone who was famous after appearing in that.

Edited by fugaziuk

That would be so awesome if it was Heather Langenkamp, Nancy Allen or PJ Soles..... anyone of those movies would be wicked.

It could be the movie Carrie - that was a minor role for John Travolta...... before he was really famous.....

And lets not forget Kevin Bacons minor role in Friday 13th pt 1.....

>Think about the really great horror movies that set the benchmark for all those films made after them

could that also mean sequels.....??

• Moderators

Hi Guys

Boy are you all getting off the track here.

Let's recap the situation.

We are talking 2 guests from a horror movie, a great horror movie.

A movie which spawned an enormous run off of merchandise for halloween parties, themed nights and people who like scaring their mates. It also made one of the stars into a household name and almost destroyed the life of another of it's actors. The bit part actor who went on to stardom is not the actor coming to Autographica. Now i know some of you guys are real smart and i do not want to give you any clue that a 2 year old could work out (where's the fun in that).

So here is another cryptic clue for all you super sleuths out there.

"Hats off to you guys at Autographica for the first time i have been to a show which didn't make me scream

same old guests. Even the staff were attractive no ugly people did i find here"

If you come up with the answer within 30 seconds you are almost certainly wrong.

Because it is not the movie that you think it is !!!

We will announce two other guests tonight.

Dave Phillips

Hi Guys

Boy are you all getting off the track here.

Let's recap the situation.

We are talking 2 guests from a horror movie, a great horror movie.

A movie which spawned an enormous run off of merchandise for halloween parties, themed nights and people who like scaring their mates. It also made one of the stars into a household name and almost destroyed the life of another of it's actors. The bit part actor who went on to stardom is not the actor coming to Autographica. Now i know some of you guys are real smart and i do not want to give you any clue that a 2 year old could work out (where's the fun in that).

So here is another cryptic clue for all you super sleuths out there.

"Hats off to you guys at Autographica for the first time i have been to a show which didn't make me scream

same old guests. Even the staff were attractive no ugly people did i find here"

If you come up with the answer within 30 seconds you are almost certainly wrong.

Because it is not the movie that you think it is !!!

We will announce two other guests tonight.

Dave Phillips

An awesome way to announce guests...

And P J Soles had a bit of an accident on the set of Carrie, I believe it almost took her life...

Edited by Rockybalboa

I think its Scream

Thats where most of the clues point, just going through IMDB to get some supporting facts

Dave this is a great way to announce guests, you really have a feel for this business!

Also great section of the forum, no silly girls flicking one out to get guests they fancy!

Ill get back to you with my evidence ;)

I think its Scream

Thats where most of the clues point, just going through IMDB to get some supporting facts

Dave this is a great way to announce guests, you really have a feel for this business!

Also great section of the forum, no silly girls flicking one out to get guests they fancy!

Ill get back to you with my evidence ;)

Well here are the clues rounded up

- It had an 18 certificate

- It launced the career of a bit part actor who appeared in it

- Their picture(s) are on the front and back of a DVD

- One star in these films became a household name

- It almost destroyed the life of one of these actors

Also,

"Hats off to you guys at Autographica for the first time i have been to a show which didn't make me scream same old guests. Even the staff were attractive no ugly people did i find here"

Well if you look at the Scream DVD's they have alot of pictures of the cast on the front and back... I am not saying it is them but just a thought...

Yeah but he said House Hold Name, not megastar could be David Arquette or somebody like that. Everybody knows them, its just they are not megastars

Hey, read this from IMDB

"When Sidney comes out of the closet and stabs Billy with an umbrella, the stunt man was supposed to hit a pad on Skeet Ulrichs' chest. The first hit got the pad but the second one slipped and hit him in the chest (you can see it in his reaction too). Wes kept it in because of its authenticity"

He got stabbed by accident... was that another clue??? It could have took his life...

Yeah but he said House Hold Name, not megastar could be David Arquette or somebody like that. Everybody knows them, its just they are not megastars

Hey, read this from IMDB

"When Sidney comes out of the closet and stabs Billy with an umbrella, the stunt man was supposed to hit a pad on Skeet Ulrichs' chest. The first hit got the pad but the second one slipped and hit him in the chest (you can see it in his reaction too). Wes kept it in because of its authenticity"

He got stabbed by accident... was that another clue??? It could have took his life...

True and it says on there he has a scar from open heart surgery when he was 10. Good link

Christ I hope its not him

Household name...megastar......just name 1 actor in Scream who appeared in Blockbusters after this movie (thats what Dave said):

This movie launched the career of one of it's minor role players who then went on to star in some real huge Hollywood blockbusters.

Drew Barrymore??? She already was in ET!

I agree that a lot of clues point to Scream, except this one....

Edited by theThinWhiteDuke

Hey, read this from IMDB

True and it says on there he has a scar from open heart surgery when he was 10. Good link

Christ I hope its not him

It makes sense matey...

I am personally hoping for a Halloween or Friday 13th guest, but the screams are awesome films too.

So how many guest announcements are we getting tonight?

- It had an 18 certificate - SCREAM

- It launced the career of a bit part actor who appeared in it - JAMIE KENNEDY MATTHEW ILLIARD ETC

- Their picture(s) are on the front and back of a DVD - SCREAM

- One star in these films became a household name - DREW BARRYMORE, DAVID ARQUETTE, NEVE CAMBELL

- It almost destroyed the life of one of these actors - ?????

The clues could mean stuff like Halloween H20 and other films though

- It launced the career of a bit part actor who appeared in it - JAMIE KENNEDY MATTHEW ILLIARD ETC

- One star in these films became a household name - DREW BARRYMORE, DAVID ARQUETTE, NEVE CAMBELL

Still.....which name has appeared in real blockbusters????

(For the rest, great job with the clues!!!!)

Edited by theThinWhiteDuke

Still.....which name has appeared in real blockbusters????

(For the rest, great job with the clues!!!!)

Yeah and Drew Barrymore has appeared in a few high grossing films since...

Maybe we are still on the wrong track, that cryptic clue had references to Nightmare on Elm Street, Scream and Friday 13th.