Autographica guest announcement

Dave did say the person had a minor role and then went on to star in big films.

I would therfore think it's very unlikely to be Max Von Sydow as I wouldnt have described his role in the Exorcist as minor.

I may of misread Daves clue. The way I read it was that it was refering to the film the guest was from - that the film stared someone who is now very famous in a minor role - not that the now famous person was the guest :(

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure, you may be right. Just looking at the clues Dave gave he did say the movie launched this persons career -- I think Carrie is very famous for launching

Travolta's career as was mentioned -- I dont think the Exorcist launched Max's career

as he was already a very well established actor at the time as he was in the Greatest Story Ever Told etc. My money is on Travolta or Goldblum.

Having read the new clue, it still sounds like Nightmare on Elm Street.

It certainly defined a whole new genre of teen slasher type movies, and a minor player, Johnny Depp, went on to star in Hollywood blockbusters.

But who will the guests be ?

I am sticking with Heather Langenkamp and Jsu Garcia, well at least until the next clue anyway.

Nightmare on elm street - johnny depp and heather langenkamp

Halloween - Jamie Lee Curtis and PJ Soles

friday the 13th - kevin bacon and betsy palmer

Scream - Drew Barrymoore and Matthew Lillard

Hills Have Eyes - Dee Wallace-Stone and Wes Craven

Dawn of the dead - Tom Savini and George Romero

could be one of those pairings, although i doubt it as there are some pretty big names there. I was hoping for a guest more like Angus Scrimm, Bill Mosely, Sid Haig or Bruce Campbell, but none of those really fit the bill.

I may of misread Daves clue. The way I read it was that it was refering to the film the guest was from - that the film stared someone who is now very famous in a minor role - not that the now famous person was the guest

ah i think you are right, i was thinking that dave meant that the major star was one of the guests, ah well you can scrap the guesses i just made then. I reckon now it's definately heather langenkamp and somebody, hopefully wes craven.

Well I believe in the last couple of weeks there was a horror convention in America with Robert Englund, John Saxon, Heather Langenkamp and Amanda Wyss representing NOES. I know John Saxon was a guest at the last autographica and Robert Englund has done collectormania several times (both were wonderful guests)....

• Moderators

Hello guys

That got the old brains working didn't it !!

Slight change of plan everyone we had planned on releasing the names of our horror guests on sunday but

we have decided to tease you a bit longer. So instead we will release the names of 2 other guests this sunday as planned along with the names of our competition winners.

Our horror guests will be revealed on Saturday 25th june at the London comic con.

Sorry to tease you longer but the wait will be worth it i promise you.

Dave Phillips

Hello guys

That got the old brains working didn't it !!

Slight change of plan everyone we had planned on releasing the names of our horror guests on sunday but

we have decided to tease you a bit longer. So instead we will release the names of 2 other guests this sunday as planned along with the names of our competition winners.

Our horror guests will be revealed on Saturday 25th june at the London comic con.

Sorry to tease you longer but the wait will be worth it i promise you.

Dave Phillips

Oh man....you mean *beep* Naughty!

:) :lol::lol:

I like the possiblility of John Travolta and Sissy Spacek -- but if it's not them???

Could it be Jeff Goldblum? He had a minor role in Invasion of the Bodysnatchers 1978,

it was 18 cert and of course he's been in many blockbusters since.

Veronica Cartwirght was in that movie but then she's been here before so that would leave the 2nd guest as Brooke Adams OR Donald Sutherland !!

I would be happy with Nancy Allen alone

so if they are announcing the guest at lfcc - then i imagine its going to be a big name - they are hardly gonna announce somebody nobody cares about at a major event such as this.

as for what dave said - what i got from it was that the person had a minor role in an 18 cert film and went on to star in big blockbusters and make a name for himself. Apart from pirates has johnny depp really been in films you would class as blockbusters?? would be nice if it were him tho!

• Moderators

Hi Guys

Some of you are getting warmer so heres another clue.

It's not a real oldie

Check your DVD covers and you will see at least one of the guests pictured on the front and back of the case.

So it's not a nobody and if you are a fan of one of the best (i think the best ) horror films ever made and certainly the most successful commercially. Then you must not miss our show. Since we entered into partnership with Jason and Mark we have rethought our guest line up to try and attract some of the collectormania audience. But we also want you to experience some of the atmosphere which makes up Autographica and makes it such a unique experience. These guests are first timers so Autographica would not be classed as environmentally friendly (we do not recycle constantly used guests).

Don't forget folks we will be announcing 2 other guests on sunday night and if you entered our competition

at Collectormania check out the website sunday night for the winners.

We will be running another competition at the Earls court show.

Come along and see us there.

Dave Phillips

So it's not a nobody and if you are a fan of one of the best (i think the best ) horror films ever made and certainly the most successful commercially. Then you must not miss our show.

well according to imdb, from there list of all-time usa box office, these are the most successful horror films to date:

22. The Sixth Sense (1999) $293,501,675

57. The Exorcist (1973) $204,565,000

180. The Ring (2002) $128,579,698

257. The Grudge (2004) $110,175,871

294. Scream (1996) $103,001,286

but i suppose it depends what you class as a horror film? i mean is sixth sense more of a thriller than horror?

but this has really got me thinking! dave says it isn't a real oldie! it got me on the lines of scream with drew barrymore but i wouldn't say she is on the box of most of my dvd covers but has been in some big blockbusters :E.T etc.

its killing me!

sorry to double post.

i can't help thinking its scream and drew barrymore!

When this movie was released it had an 18 certificate (not much help that one)

This movie launched the career of one of it's minor role players who then went on to star in some real huge Hollywood blockbusters.

scream was an 18 cert

drew was only in it as a bit part. when the movie came out her career was only just on the up again after all the years of drink etc

she has stared in

E.T, batman forever, charlies angels 1+2, donnie darko, waynes world 2, the wedding singer, never been kissed, 50 first dates. all did really well at the box office and most of them got to no1 in the u.s!

according to her bio on imdb she is one of the most bankable actresses of all time!

if you are a fan of one of the best (i think the best ) horror films ever made and certainly the most successful commercially

All the clues are pointing to ms barrymore. but would you really call scream one of the best horror movies?? sure it was good but best? i suppose it all depends on what you are into.

but who i the other person??

also staying on the scream lines david arquette and courtney cox???

i for one really hope its drew!

Edited by fugaziuk