GOLD PASS TICKETS

THIS WHOLE THREAD IS BULLs*** !

Yes, the passes will appeal to Die Hard Fans, but you can still be a DHF without opting to buy one.

"The fact that they appeal to DHFs" is not the same as "if I don't get one I'm not a DHF" - think about it !! :unsure:

Anyway, you won't be any worse off without one. You just need to get there in good time to be sure of the bigger guests. And if past experience is anything to go by, they are still to come !

AMEN you are spot on for christ sake its just a little extra people. Im a die hard fan ill stand 7 hrs outside a poxy premiere just for 1 autograph.

I have no intention of getting the ticket unless like everybody has said they get a really rare guest. Its great value if you like the talks or just want to do what you want when you want.

I just like to go in grab the virtual tickets, then just cruise the stalls till its my go

END OF THE DAY THIS IS MEANT TO BE FUN!

:wub:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a really good idea..if I had the money I would really consider it.

I really do think people need to chill out about all of this.The vast majority of people will be getting up and queing early to get a VQ ticket for the guests they want to see and will prolly manage it. :lol:

Picture this - on a Monday, the last gold ticket sells. On the Wednesday, they announce Mark Hamill, Ewan McGregor, Daniel Radcliffe, Patrick Stewart, Viggo Mortensen, Orlando Bloom, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Tom Hanks !

D'OH !

Think it has benefits as people who have no one to help get virtual tickets can meet all the people they want. Also is this ticket for the full weekend and when are they available. But disagree with die hard statement as everyone who attends are fans diehard or not.

Picture this - on a Monday, the last gold ticket sells. On the Wednesday, they announce Mark Hamill, Ewan McGregor, Daniel Radcliffe, Patrick Stewart, Viggo Mortensen, Orlando Bloom, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Tom Hanks !

D'OH !

ok number one that would be amazing.......... ok i'm back

number two i'd camp out lol cheaper if colder than £200

the ticket is cool for peeps who can afford it and with only 50 tickets it hasn't got me quaking in me boots lol

I really see no probs with it if you can afford it cool if not we'll queue we are english!!

I think to a certain extent it is unfair and makes me think that there will probably be less chance of meeting Charisma Carpenter

If life was fair to everyone, it would rather put the kibosh on evolution. ;) The only fair thing I've seen in a long time was a boot fair. 'Tis the way of the world.

Actually there's an argument that your chance of seeing Charisma Carpenter (CC) may be improved. If you're going to start queueing at the crack of sparrow's fart, you're going to get a low numbered VQ ticket, are you not? It could be that some of those Gold Pass ticketholders (and remember, there's only 50, not 500 of them) would also have been queueing since the wee small hours, but will now take advantage of their "privilege" to have a lay-in and breeze in later in the day. Meaning the fans (die-hard or otherwise!) who've queued from moonrise will in fact get to see CC a little earlier, as the Gold Pass has allowed the holder to delay their entrance. (And alternately if a Gold Pass holder turns up as early as they can to go straight in, they were probably going to have been there a couple of hours earlier anyway, so it makes no difference). Short of several of the "Goldies" continually revisiting CC and perpetually joining the queue again (which would be extremely starnge and unlikely, surely?), then i can't see it's going to make a difference to your chances. (And maybe not all the "Goldies" would want to see CC anyway...)

Can i just ask... whos autos would be in the buffy or star trek bags?

Also, with the gold ticket, do you still have 2 pay for all of the autographs you get on the day? Would be cool if u could even get ONE free...

Can i just ask... whos autos would be in the buffy or star trek bags?

Also, with the gold ticket, do you still have 2 pay for all of the autographs you get on the day? Would be cool if u could even get ONE free...

Hope I help but don't take my word for it you still buy the autographs you require on the day and in the buffy or star trek bags the autographs will be random from past showmasters events (so its pot look) hope this helps

Was hoping £200 would include at least 1 freebie for thhe day... theres only 2 people i wana meet!!! Whenever I go 2 these, i've met a lot of the buffy/ star trek people already and I was wondering if showmasters would know which ones might be provided or if u have a choice etc..

THIS WHOLE THREAD IS BULLs*** !

Yes, the passes will appeal to Die Hard Fans, but you can still be a DHF without opting to buy one.

"The fact that they appeal to DHFs" is not the same as "if I don't get one I'm not a DHF" - think about it !! :blink:

Spot on! There's a lot of people whose logic circuits don't seem to be functioning on this one. The phrase "these tickets are for die-hard fans" does NOT mean "you must buy one of these tickets to be considered a die-hard fan". It just means that they are probably not really suitable for the casual punter or for people who place an absolute premium on value for money.

Kodak 35mm film says on it "this is for 35mm format cameras". Just because you don't buy it, doesn't mean you don't have a 35mm camera (because you may have found that say Fuji or Agfa 35mm film works better for you, or is cheaper, or something). It just means that it's not much use if you have a 110 camera or an APS one.

Put another way, if they had said "these tickets are only for complete minging idiots" would they be saying that nobody could be considered a complete minging idiot unless they bought a ticket? Of course not. (for a start, we all know that there are more than 50 complete minging idiots in the world, ;) just as there are more than 50 die-hard fans in the world.)

Was hoping £200 would include at least 1 freebie for thhe day... theres only 2 people i wana meet!!! Whenever I go 2 these, i've met a lot of the buffy/ star trek people already and I was wondering if showmasters would know which ones might be provided or if u have a choice etc..

ooh I have another qn, i think already asked....

My mum would be taking my to LFCC... I would be the 1 looking around and meeting people n she would just tag along n take pics n stuff. If I bought just 1 £200 gold ticket, could she bounce the queues with me as shes not gona meet any1, and only me get the promo bags, autos etc...

Would I have to get 1 or 2 to have her along just to take pics? If I could buy one at £200, as its my bday, I'd seriously consider that... but if I had to buy 2 at £400, just to have sum1 to give me a lift and take photos, I would no way do that.

ooh and another another question...

When meeting the guests, if they have a 'no personalisations, no posed photos' sign up, would we be exempt from that if we have a gold pass? I'd hate to spend all that money n when i meet the 2/3 guests i wana see, I couldn't have it personalised or a posed photo, that'd devistate me after spending that much!!!

Showmasters could you answer my 3 qns pretty please? Need to know the answers b4 I start begging my mum............

Unless they get a guest I love (such as anyone from Stargate/Serenity) then i can't warrent spending £200 on one day (by the way does the ticket cover you for one day or both???? :cylon: )

Sure i hate getting up early but i am not that far from London so it's not to bad for me anyways.....wait and see......but my BF would be very upset if I left him behind so that equals £400 arrrgggg :unsure: Better hope i win the lotto soon :lol:

I tend to only ever meet a couple of guests so this tix wouldent be worth it to me but if people want to buy it then have a great time i would buy it if if was someone who was hard to meet very very hard to meet then at least i could justifie it :D

although i think a gold ticket is a good idea, the price is to much for what you get.

the talks are free anyways and the goody bags.......................well let's just say i don't trust it because we where promised exclusive give aways at talks before and such but we never got it or got shipped of with a standard 8x10 photo (anthony head for example).

and if you get there early enough you get every VQ ticket you want anyway. sure it will save you the trouble of queueing really early but on the otherhand i don't mind to do that. you can meet interesting people in a queue.

also the free autographs in the goody bag. that's great but HOW MANY? and are they from previous events or this event? as someone already pointed out, it works better if you just give autograph vouchers for (example) 5 guests of you're choice. i've been visisting SM events for quite some time now and have most autographs from past events that i'm interested in already. so perhaps a little more info on this?

my point is that a big convention organiser in the states -who shall remain nameless- has gold passes as well and has all of the above perks BUT also includes about 10 to 15 autographs from the guests and they are even cheaper. so...........

Edited by martine

that is a complete rip-off, come on showmasters you are giving people nothing for there money there!! When i heard about this gold ticket i thought it was going to be a package which included autographs in, or at least something like people who hold gold tickets can get a personal item signed free, at least something good.

That package currently I probably may pay £40-£60 for but not a penny more than that. Also although my brother does not collect autographs he comes up with me to meet each guest and take my photos, so that would meen 2 gold tickets for only 1 person buying autos!

that is a complete rip-off, come on showmasters you are giving people nothing for there money there!! When i heard about this gold ticket i thought it was going to be a package which included autographs in, or at least something like people who hold gold tickets can get a personal item signed free, at least something good.

That package currently I probably may pay £40-£60 for but not a penny more than that. Also although my brother does not collect autographs he comes up with me to meet each guest and take my photos, so that would meen 2 gold tickets for only 1 person buying autos!

Sorry Ant, but ..... tough !

Read this thread so far .... IF IT'S NOT FOR YOU, FUGHEDDDABOUDDIT ! :headscratch:

200£ ??? woooow :D

1. Early Bird Entry

Can get an Early Bird ticket for less

2. Free Talk Tickets

Its free for everybody now, right?

3. Autograph Queues

well, if theres only 50 gold tickets owner, we dont have a new big compete with

4. Goody Bags - Fox

200£ for goodie bags? is it gold post cards?

5. Goody Bags – Dedicated

how exclusive they are? stuff already available on eBay? Hope not...

6. Photo CD

I can take photos myself, and for 200£ I can buy a new digital cam or pay a friend 20£ for takin photos for me, having my own official photographer ;)

7. Assistance

nice, but theres already a crew for that anyway

I spend hundred of £ at those events but no way I paid that, unless u include autograph fee in it or announce Michael Jackson, or George Lucas and Natalie Portman ;)

ps: BUT could be interesting if u are an hard core fan with too much money in the hand, but who has too much money?! buying that pass = less autographs

Edited by Skylover

Im a die hard fan but would have to sell my soul to afford £200 and thats without my autos, I only want to meet Charisma C, thats all so i hope i do,

I have qed for hours for some ppl but i could never afford that much i dont even spend that much at cons.

So lets hope i meet charisma, or i will be gutted.

Im a die hard fan but would have to sell my soul to afford £200 and thats without my autos, I only want to meet Charisma C, thats all so i hope i do,

I have qed for hours for some ppl but i could never afford that much i dont even spend that much at cons.

So lets hope i meet charisma, or i will be gutted.

You really need to calm down mate as you are losing it over this issue. I know you will be at the venue nice and early so will have no probs getting her auto.

It's a good idea, and if I was going I would probably get one, but I just can't be arsed to go to London, in fact I can't be arsed to do anything at the moment....

Thats what giving up drinking does to you.....