GOLD PASS TICKETS

a friends asking me.. how much is that in euros???

At the current exchange rate of 1.4513 euros to the pound, a shade under 363 euros. However, when you allow for the buy/sell spread and the commissions charged on currency conversion, I'd guess that your friend is probably looking at actually paying somewhere between 370 and 380 euros.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a friends asking me.. how much is that in euros???

At the current exchange rate of 1.4513 euros to the pound, a shade under 363 euros. However, when you allow for the buy/sell spread and the commissions charged on currency conversion, I'd guess that your friend is probably looking at actually paying somewhere between 370 and 380 euros.

To avoid any confusion, I think CostaCoffee and I are on the same wavelength, just quoting prices for different events. :rolleyes:

£200 will be about 290 euros 9or probably just over 300 of 'em after charges, whereas the 363 (370-380) I quoted was for £250.

Hope that clears up any confusion!

Hi,

Well - this is an interesting (and completely pointless) argument isn't it?!? The price has been set, as has the 'contents' of the pass. No amount of whinging by people on here is going to change that! As other people have said, no-one is being forced to buy these tickets, and they aren't offering so many of them that you risk not being able to meet the people that you want to meet if you don't get one. So what's the problem? If someone else wants to spend that amount of money on one of these passes, that's up to them. Some people seem to want everything and expect to get it just because they consider themselves to be a 'die-hard' fan! Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that, as we often see. It's the people with money that get the advantages. And that's everywhere in life, not just at places like this! At least Showmasters are ONLY selling these to the fans and not giving the dealers a chance with them.

I myself would love to get one of these tickets. I am only going to meet Charisma and do think it is a lot of money, but would be willing to pay it for a number of reasons:

1) I am at another event on the same weekend and this would enable me to ensure I get to do both so don't waste my money that I have already spent on the other convention.

2) It will save me the cost of a hotel as I can travel down on the morning of the event at a decent time of day and not worry about the queue.

3) I will be 8 months pregnant - I normally have no problems queuing up for hours. But Collectormania 7 just about killed me with the queing that we had to do so am really not looking forward to this!

4) Charisma Carpenter is one of the people I have been dying to meet for a very long time now - if I get this ticket I know that, unless she cancels for whatever reason, I WILL get to meet her.

So that being said, I would be willing to pay £200 for the ticket. BUT, there are some counter arguments, and if Showmasters would be willing to answer these questions (either on here or by emailing me directly) that will help me to make my final decision:

1) My husband will be with me. He's not at all interested in any autographs, or meeting the people there. He literally comes with me to look after me (bit of a wus I am in big crowds), to help me look after the bags and to take photos of 'me with x'. Would he be allowed to enter on my ticket? Maybe a pass can be issued with the gold ticket saying something like 'no autographs allowed' or 'to accompany gold pass holder only'? We would be quite willing to pay the normal entry price for him - but obviously it would defeat the point of me buying a gold ticket if he had to get there early to queue for his ticket and there is no way that I can afford/justify buying two tickets when it really is just me that wants to go in!

2) Have you been able to confirm which days Charisma will be attending? I am only able to make it on the Saturday sue to starting my antenatal classes on the Sunday in Nottingham (so definitely won't be able to make the event that day). There's no point in me buying a ticket if Charisma isn't even going to be there on the day that I attend!

3) What would happen in the event of Charisma cancelling (and assuming you haven't signed up anyone else that I want to meet) - am I able to get a refund or would I be able to sell my ticket to someone else? If not, this makes it a bit pointless and I don't know if I could justify spending the money with that sort of risk.

Thanks very much for your help with this - I look forward to receiving a response soon to enable me to make a decision whilst you still have tickets available!

Chelle

Please forgive me if this has already been said but although I usually read all pages in a topic before replying, this one has given me a headache just considering it!

It's really not something to get so het up over - I don't mean to sound so rude but you're not having the ticket rammed down your throat and your wallet ransacked on entry.

London Film and Comic Con is such a relaxed convention - Collectormania is manic because there are considerably more guests, the convention is free entry and it's in the most public of places, a shopping centre. London Film and Comic Con would be cheaper for a gold ticket because there are less guests and sometimes, less talks, therefore, probably less costs to cover if you also count the pay on entry aspect of the con.

LFACC really is for the more dedicated fans - although the queues are always a healthy size, even with Jonathan Frakes last time, who was probably the most popular guest there, the queues kept moving and overall, people seemed happy.

Don't assume that because you don't pay for a Gold Ticket, you won't get to see anyone - if that was so, don't you think Showmaster's would be shooting themselves in the foot slightly by only offering 50 people the opportunity to see the guests out of the thousands of people that pay to come to the event?

OK, said my piece, going to nurse my head now - thinking as soon as I get up doesn't do me much good! :D

PS Michelle - As a crew member myself, I'd like your question answered. Any disabled fans or fans with mobility issues, or fans such as you who won't be in a condition to deal with long queues - I'd like to know if SM's will add a special dispensation for a carer or anyone who supports someone in a disabled or less mobile condition - to me, it would make sense, so I'd be interested in what SM's would do with that. It's worth mentioning as if it isn't, crew members won't know how to treat a gold ticket when given one at the event. :)

I don't have the money to do it for this lfcc but think it's a great idea and although it's a high price think it will be well worth it (even if it's only to meet a/the high profile guest(s)!) I hope this will be a regular thing and will hopefully be able to save enough money for next time just incase!!!

People end of the day if you want the ticket BUY ONE!

If you do not want one, then just leave it. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU !

It is crazy that of all the threads on the board this is the largest. It looks like you give more of a s*** about arguing over a ticket you don`t want rather than trying to support the guests you want to come.

Honestly I could buy 3 if I wanted, but I dont like the talks and there are not many guests I want to meet. Its a case by case product, just because you don`t want it, don`t go on about it. Im sure SM reads this board, any company would love real-time market research data and the prices they pay for it are stupid.

The Pass scheme may change in the future, but it is best to voice your concerns at the event or see how this lot turns out and then rethink what you would want from the pass.

You don`t have to be Die Hard to have one and not having one makes you no less die hard than anybody else. JUST CHILL!

I hope SM answers michellepugh's question as I have a similar issue. I'm willing to pay for the gold pass to guarantee meeting Charisma and pretty much not have to worry about waiting for virtual ticket numbers to come up so I can have a decent look around not only at LFACC but also around London too. My brother attends all events with me but the only person he wants to meet is Lou Ferrigno does this mean he can use my ticket to jump the queue to meet Lou? And does it also entitle me to go with him in the queue to get a photo of him (and possibly an autograph of Lou for myself ^_^ - I know it's cheeky but it makes more sense to do it that way) or would I have to get a standard VQ ticket and wait.

I think the Gold Pass is a great idea, and I know some people on here say they won't buy it but I think what's putting off a lot of people is the fact that so many questions still exist concerning the passes.

Edited by rickyparty

does this mean he can use my ticket to jump the queue to meet Lou? And does it also entitle me to go with him in the queue to get a photo of him (and possibly an autograph of Lou for myself :D - I know it's cheeky but it makes more sense to do it that way) or would I have to get a standard VQ ticket and wait.

I reckon the second one - it's YOUR gold pass, with YOUR photo on it. Why would one gold pass apply to two people ? With or without a photo of the second person ^_^

does this mean he can use my ticket to jump the queue to meet Lou? And does it also entitle me to go with him in the queue to get a photo of him (and possibly an autograph of Lou for myself :D - I know it's cheeky but it makes more sense to do it that way)  or would I have to get a standard VQ ticket and wait.

I reckon the second one - it's YOUR gold pass, with YOUR photo on it. Why would one gold pass apply to two people ? With or without a photo of the second person ^_^

Doh! Good point, had a bit of a random type and forgot it would have ID on it :P

GREAT IDEA SHOWMASTERS....i know its not for everyone but if youve got the dollars its great.i wish i had a golden ticket but ive got to spend my dollars on autographs.if i win the lotto id buy one and id go to every event world wide.........and every premire.......id be a pro stalker then. lol...lol

Hi,

Does anyone know how the best way of getting in contact with Showmasters is? I have sent them 2 emails - the first when CC was announced and the 2nd on the 19th May after my posting above - but I had no response to either of them, or the post!

Since the event is only a few weeks away and the gold tickets are limited I'd really like to get a reply sorted out asap...

Chelle

i would say i'm willing to cos i'm a mod on another site, but don't think i've been a member 4 long enough!!!

Not a case of just mods, they need more people 2 answer questions as they haven't bothered 2 reply in weeks!!! I was seriously gona buy a ticket if they answered my questions, but its getting too late now and i won't get 1 if they can't be decent enough and answer a few simple things.

Hi,

I phoned them yesterday and the guy I spoke to took my email address from me and promised to email me with a response to my questions. He seemed to think that there wouldn't be a problem - but thought I should have something in writing. He had hoped that I would get a reply by the end of yesterday - but I haven't had anything yet...

Chelle

• Showmasters Admin
Well I emailed SM a few days ago, and no reply at all, nada, zip!

Please please email me back SM or its no ticket 4 me :D

Lizzy - I've spoken to David (SM) and he believed he'd already replied to you. But he's going to look into it. So you should hear from them soon.