Pay £15 or £20 for what exactly?

You really should not disrespect the Showmasters God otherwise a bat will be put up your nightdress!

You have been warned!

Would that be the winged variety, or the cricket variety? :lol::D Sorry...couldn't resist :lol:

Consider your bat on the way! (Winged okay!)

one of the minions are leaving in five minutes (need to shout at a few people!) :o

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate the way they don't personalise to save time, it's rubbish, in the space of time the guest has said hi to you they could have written your name, after all i am paying £20 for the pleasure. Plus i have to say, no offence to the pleasant crew members, but some of the crew were sooooooooo rude and goin on some weird power trip.

Hate to say it, but a lot of SM crew are people from this forum.

If you didn't like how they treated you, find out who they were and complain to their faces on here.

They're usually the people who are obviously keeping in with the DavidB groupie crowd by continually shouting from the rooftops about the virtues and brilliance of Showmasters.

*pmsl* is that the sm in-crowd :lol::lol:

ah yes, i have fallen foul of this lot so much!

if you want some horror storys abt them and their actions then email me!

i hate the way they don't personalise to save time, it's rubbish, in the space of time the guest has said hi to you they could have written your name, after all i am paying £20 for the pleasure. Plus i have to say, no offence to the pleasant crew members, but some of the crew were sooooooooo rude and goin on some weird power trip.

Hate to say it, but a lot of SM crew are people from this forum.

If you didn't like how they treated you, find out who they were and complain to their faces on here.

They're usually the people who are obviously keeping in with the DavidB groupie crowd by continually shouting from the rooftops about the virtues and brilliance of Showmasters.

*pmsl* is that the sm in-crowd :lol::lol:

ah yes, i have fallen foul of this lot so much!

if you want some horror storys abt them and their actions then email me!

Can you e-mail to me.....I'm so nosey...no I mean intrigued! Yes intrigued!

My e-mail is kentut1@hotmail.com

Thanks!

ou photo is then handed to the guest but by the time you get to the desk and put your bags down, your photo has been already signed and you dont get two words in with the guest.

happened to me with jolene and katee and i find it ridiculous. by the time i walked up to jolene she had signed my photo and that was it! I like to be able to take my photo up to the guest to get it signed and say hello, not have it taken from me well in advance and signed before i get there!

Why not complain to them on the day?? I would, maybe not right there and then but later if I saw them not so busy.

ou photo is then handed to the guest but by the time you get to the desk and put your bags down, your photo has been already signed and you dont get two words in with the guest.

happened to me with jolene and katee and i find it ridiculous. by the time i walked up to jolene she had signed my photo and that was it! I like to be able to take my photo up to the guest to get it signed and say hello, not have it taken from me well in advance and signed before i get there!

hmm..I must say it's not happened to me yet, though if it did I'm not sure I could just have a go...it's a bit gobsmacking in a way.

I'm not bothered about pics, I never have, but I don't want to be "walked" past a guest and handed out an auto afterwards...I might as well order them from Dealers.

It would upset me.

On the subject of the thread, I am currious about the sudden price change policy I've observed. I read on the thread about the price of Bernard Hill's Signature and was a little surprised that the price had gone up when I got there. I was happy to spend the money, he was a great guest. But an honest answer from SM would be appriciated...Can we expect this to happen at future events etc...

Good show though, bit crowded...still good :wub:

Hahahahahaha .....

Let's bitch now and get wiped later!!

Dellusions of grandeur .. pure and simple.

They think they are very important cos they have a name tag and "work" for showmasters!

I have been a dealer for years and have seen so many examples of laughable power trips!

My particular favourites from today include the young girl and her two "bouncers" with a shopping trolley full or soft drinks throwing a mini wobbler cos she couldn't get through a small crowd ( when the rest of us had been fighting through it for hours!!)

And the banshee with the voice like fingernails on a blackboard yelling in my ear to keep moving ...over and over again .. when I was actually unable to move at all!! .. and her yelling wasn't helping!

Bless em ... they need to get some mates and get out into the real world some time!

However some of the more "senior" crew .. who get to sit with the stars are spot on

SO I will not tar them all with the same brush

When I get banned I will think of you all ... and smile

:wub:

Feel free to email me too ... I have lots of gossip!!

You pay £15-£20 get a photo and watch it being signed therefore proving without doubt that it has a genuine signature on it.

The alternative is to go to a dealer and pay £30-£50 for the same photo that someone has scribbled on that you may think is a real signature but you will never know for sure.

I know which one of these I think is a bargain.

So you don't get to have tea with the guest for your money as well, big deal. This event is about autographs after all not a meet and greet service.

If the guest has time and wants to talk great, but I for one don't expect more than customary hello and goodbye. It's only fair on autograph collectors with high ticket numbers.

Basil

I read on the thread about the price of Bernard Hill's Signature and was a little surprised that the price had gone up when I got there.

huh.......... did the price go up or something :blink:

You pay £15-£20 get a photo and watch it being signed therefore proving without doubt that it has a genuine signature on it.

The alternative is to go to a dealer and pay £30-£50 for the same photo that someone has scribbled on that you may think is a real signature but you will never know for sure.

I know which one of these I think is a bargain.

So you don't get to have tea with the guest for your money as well, big deal. This event is about autographs after all not a meet and greet service.

If the guest has time and wants to talk great, but I for one don't expect more than customary hello and goodbye. It's only fair on autograph collectors with high ticket numbers.

Basil

I get what you're saying and I agree with you, all my autos are signed in person and I'm very 100% sure about the authenticity of my collection.

If it comes to being walked by a guest and handed out a pic at the end of the Q...no eye contact, no word etc...what's the point? Surely it defeats the object of travelling for three hours, waiting all day, having buggies rammed into you, etc...

But there is now the option to order Autos from Collectormania supporters MSPG Autographs who are at the show, are UACC registered and have a descent repo.

As for the cost, well...one you've added up your travel/hotel/food/drinks costs etc...is it that much cheaper?

Also I feel the complaint is more the fact that the people in question didn't actually get a customary hello, thanks and goodbye. I don't think anyone expects a dinner date. :blink: I can see their point.

Edited by wyrdsister

I read on the thread about the price of Bernard Hill's Signature and was a little surprised that the price had gone up when I got there.

huh.......... did the price go up or something :blink:

It was apparently £15 on Saturday and £20 on Sunday...nothing major I've seen it happen before at other events, but a bit surprising from SM, that's all. I like to know where I stand.

Edited by wyrdsister

The people who i was there "manily" to see where all the people from harry potter. I had no problems what so ever with them, and i could even go up there and ask for a photo without buying an autograph (I've got there autographs so many times) (apart from i didn't have tom's) its great being able to have a conversation with them even if not very long. Thats how i think it shud be run. Other people i know (who my friends wanted to really met) couldn't get their photo taken with the person. one of my friends wanted to get James autograph however when they heard there weren't even allowed to ask for their name written on it saw no point in getting an autograph as you wouldn't even be able to talk to them. I can understand no posed photos if its super busy to get thru many people tho i think if the guest doesn't mind you sould be allowed to take a photo while they are signing however for them not to be allowed to write your name on it when your paying that much is stupid you might as well just buy it from one of the stalls or something, it takes what 2 seconds to write a name on it. sorry but thats not a lot now is it to ask for?

huh.......... did the price go up or something :unsure:

It was apparently £15 on Saturday and £20 on Sunday...nothing major I've seen it happen before at other events, but a bit surprising from SM, that's all. I like to know where I stand.

i paid 15 on sat.

This sounds a bit silly, but I always find the "meeting the guest" bit is very, very heavily influenced by how you start it all off. Some guests are incredibly friendly, and will be introducing themselves, hand out, before you reach their table :) Others are just like you and me, and probably feel a bit awkward sitting there - I've found a big smile, a "Hi, my names John, nice to meet you!" always gets everything off to a good start (as well as a Hi and thanks to the person helping them take tickets etc). If they're grumpy, they know what to personalise on the photo lol. If they're fine, it kicks things off nicely - e.g. Jolene chatted very briefly, and was the only guest I've ever seen who's kept eye contact with me before and after the signing - it makes you feel that they're a lot more interested :)

Hell, I even got a slight nod from Billy Dee Williams last time, and at another convention Robert Picardo (holo Dr from Voyager) said good job I'd turned up early, cos at 5pm he wouldn't give 2 ****s what my name was (very jokingly - he was a great guest and a genuinely nice guy).

Also was it to much for Jolene Blalock to say anything?

I think it depends on what time of the day you met Jolene. For example, I met her after her lunch on Sunday, at which point she had been TOLD not to have posed photos or personalise any photos, and I seriously suspect she was told not to chat. Either that or as a result of her being TOLD not to have photos or personalise the photos then she got in a grumpy mood.

I would not blame any of this on Jolene, as she (like many other Guests) get told not to do this, hurry up with this!!!! I don't think I would like to be told.... YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY PHOTOS WITH YOUR FANS..... YOU CAN'T PERSONALISE THE AUTOGRAPHS THAT YOU GIVE TO YOUR FANS...... YOU CAN'T CHAT WITH YOUR FANS!!!!

This is very rarely the Guests fault!!!!!

So if someone has an open queue, just ask them for a pic.

Im not sure how it was this time cuz I wasn''t there but I know for sure I couldn't do that last time. I had paid and gone and seen Tom Lenk twice and still no picture. So on the last day when he had an open queue I tried to go down to get a picture but got told there was no way I could. I had to pay AGAIN to just get a picture. Tome photo's are more important then the autograpths. I think you should be able to pick which one you want.

kali rocha was lettting people come see her just for photographs but the showmasters crew started stopping people doing this as it was getting too busy or something. how busy kali rocha is ever going to be is open to debate!

Lets not forget here that Showmasters are a profit making organisation and the crew members are just as much exploited by them as those who are paying the money and getting the stuff signed. You can say that it costs a lot etc.. to get the guests to come over to the UK, but this type of event isn't just put on out of the goodness of peoples' hearts!

Also was it to much for Jolene Blalock to say anything?

I think it depends on what time of the day you met Jolene. For example, I met her after her lunch on Sunday, at which point she had been TOLD not to have posed photos or personalise any photos, and I seriously suspect she was told not to chat. Either that or as a result of her being TOLD not to have photos or personalise the photos then she got in a grumpy mood.

I would not blame any of this on Jolene, as she (like many other Guests) get told not to do this, hurry up with this!!!! I don't think I would like to be told.... YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY PHOTOS WITH YOUR FANS..... YOU CAN'T PERSONALISE THE AUTOGRAPHS THAT YOU GIVE TO YOUR FANS...... YOU CAN'T CHAT WITH YOUR FANS!!!!

This is very rarely the Guests fault!!!!!

Wish I had known that in advance as I had a low numbered ticket for Jolene yesterday but as the signs were up from the start about no photos and no personalisations I assumed they would be enforced all day long so I didnt meet her till after 3pm where I just had my photo taken away, signed by her, I said thanks and she said pleasure. She did keep eye contact with me though which was nice as it at least showed she knew I was there unlike Billy Dee at C6.

Listen

What you have to remeber is these spotty little oikes that volunteer to be the face of showmasters do not have any right to man handle or touch you. Trust me if one of these idiots thought they could lay a hand on me to push me out of the way before i had even been asked politely to do so, they would have a got a lot more than a shove back!

Dont take it from them, they are the same as the rest of us. They are not doormen, celebrity assistants or managers. They are cashiers. If a cashier in tesco shoved you out the way to serve the next person, would we accept it?

I for one hope showmasters actually look at this post and realise that we are not cattle, we are people, and we understand the rules. We do not deserve to be treated like idiots by children with dillusions of grandure (thanks bionicruth!)

I will say that a lot of crew members are good at what they do. They help, they are courteous and they help us enjoy our experience. Shame about the rest.

unfortunatly sometimes after a long day with loads of tickets still left the que xperience can feel v.rushed and sometimes with an after feeling that is a bit pants.

however i like to consider the fact that they do want to get as many as poss to have their stuff signed by the guest.

my experience with billy boyd last time was v.brief but i now have his auto and even thogh i chatted more with sala, royd and thomas considrably more i was still more than happy with what i got.

also the lady on anthony heads que i am sure she has done it in the past. "turn your camera off please, no photos" he was still v. friendly and polite and took the time to talk however brief and still managed to get through 1000 tickets all in time for the watchers talk aswell. well done that man!

the evnet in my eyes is getting bigger and the guests are v. popular, they see alot of people in a short amount of time and majority of the time i can get the ones i want-even if i am broke by the time next pay day rolls around!!! i have had brief signings and ive had long signings but i will still continue to push on and wait in that que even 4 a 2 sec vist purly to complete my collection of auto and maybe droll over a handsome fella once in a while (christian :D , royd :wub::wub: )